Concierge question??

tamilyn

We are Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean and have only taken one cruise on Celebrity - about to take another one  on the Edge.  I understand we are Elite in the Captain's Club on Celebrity.  My question is, is there an "Elite Concierge" on Celebrity that does the same thing that the Diamond Concierge does on Royal; such as, help with dining reservations, etc.?  If so, could someone provide me the contact information for the one on the Edge?  

9 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

No there is not.  

there is a Concierge but he or she is abailable to the whole ship.  ( not just passengers in Concierge Class ).  You can’t contact them ahead of time.

Thank you for the information.  I was afraid of that!

13 minutes ago, tamilyn said:

We are Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean and have only taken one cruise on Celebrity - about to take another one  on the Edge.  I understand we are Elite in the Captain's Club on Celebrity.  My question is, is there an "Elite Concierge" on Celebrity that does the same thing that the Diamond Concierge does on Royal; such as, help with dining reservations, etc.?  If so, could someone provide me the contact information for the one on the Edge?  

The only way to access a Concierge on Celebrity is to sail in a suite and you get a concierge in The Retreat and a butler to help with reservations.  But the balcony cabins known as Concierge Class have their own designated concierge on board.  The people that sail in suites (CS and above) get calls or emails from the Shoreside concierge a week or two before the cruise.  As WestLakeGirl responded there is a Captain's Club host for the ship but he/she does not serve in the same way as the Diamond Club Concierge.  There is also no Diamond Club equivalent on Celebrity.

15 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

The only way to access a Concierge on Celebrity is to sail in a suite and you get a concierge in The Retreat and a butler to help with reservations.  But the balcony cabins known as Concierge Class have their own designated concierge on board.  The people that sail in suites (CS and above) get calls or emails from the Shoreside concierge a week or two before the cruise.  As WestLakeGirl responded there is a Captain's Club host for the ship but he/she does not serve in the same way as the Diamond Club Concierge.  There is also no Diamond Club equivalent on Celebrity.

So we are booked in a Concierge Class balcony cabin.  Are you saying we would have access to a concierge once onboard who could help with dining reservations, etc.?

1 minute ago, tamilyn said:

So we are booked in a Concierge Class balcony cabin.  Are you saying we would have access to a concierge once onboard who could help with dining reservations, etc.?

Yes the Concierge Class cabins have a dedicated concierge on board for anybody sailing these cabins.  And a few other perks too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes the Concierge Class cabins have a dedicated concierge on board for anybody sailing these cabins.  And a few other perks too.

Ok, thank you!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tamilyn said:

I think people are misinterpreting your question because there is a "Consierge" and there´s a Captain´s Club Host. The latter is what you are looking for. Can´t be contacted before you sail though. You will meet him or her once on board. Same goes for the Concierge.

Edited by Miaminice

3 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

I think people are misinterpreting your question because there is a "Consierge" and there´s a Captain´s Club Host. The latter is what you are looking for. Can´t be contacted before you sail though. You will meet him or her once on board. Same goes for the Concierge.

No misinterpreting here.  Just additional information and clarification was provided.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

Our experience is that Cap club hosts are  not very involved individually.. They attend  events  and send  notices abt events,    and way too many daily long-winded  phone messages abt events but cannot expedite any res....

The Concierge has info about ports and tours.. and will help anyone.  Limited desk hrs once u locate them.

• Like 1

We've sailed in Concierge Class many times.  We've found that some of the Concierges are great, others less so.  

If you have specific reservations that you want to make while on board and you didn't make them ahead of time, then I recommend stopping by their desk and askng for assistance.  Note that if you  want to make excursion reservations, you are likely better off making them before you board, and if you desire dining reservations that are part of a package, your best solution may smply be to head to the nearest specialty dining location (or the one without a line) as soon as you board.   We usually head to the Tuscan on the S class ships, since it is the furthest down, and usually no guests are there to make reservations  so we get prompt attention.  Any of the specialty restaurants can make reservations for you in any of the other restaurants.  

I often travel with a service dog, and make reservations before I board, but typically don't know if the reservation I made will work with the dog or not.  I make excursion choices based on what I THINK will work.  Once I board, I find the Concierge and go over my excursion choices with them.  They follow up with ShoreEx about the situation via email, ShoreEx contacts the excursion provider to alert them about the dog and to determine if I can be accomodated, and then the Concierge gets back to me to let me know if the excursion can accommodate me or if we need to choose an alternate excursion for that port.  That saves me from waiting in line at ShoreEx and gets things in writing.

They will also check in with me to make certain the dog's relief box is being cared for as it is supposed to be cared for by housekeeping.

If you are celebrating a special occasion, the Concierge can help to make a special reservation or recognition.  

• Like 2

On our last few cruises we found that Concierge Class events, perks and 

Organized  activities were   better than those offered  in AQua class, which had nothing special..beyond BLU and the  Thermal Suites.

On some ships Concierge cabins are larger..more storage shelves..unless that has changed

• Like 1

When we used the Concierge that is connected to the Concierge SR group, they helped beyond just making reservations. One got us a lower price on the Eden Restaurant because we were B2B and the night prior to the initial return to FLL was not being booked as much - people packing and so on - and then did a similar reservation on the 2nd leg (Not the night prior!).

So they work it beyond just making reservations. 

Den

• Like 1

I guess my specific need is that we purchased a dining package and I was told at the time of purchase that they would pick a restaurant for us for Night 1 and then when we boarded we could change that if we wanted to and at that time make reservations for the other nights.  I have since called back to make reservations for the non-specialty dining (which I was able to do), but still was told that all specialty reservations should be made once onboard the ship.  When I try to do it online, it won't let me make the specialty reservations either.  I was just hoping that if we couldn't get what we wanted when we got onboard that maybe a concierge would be able to help us.  I had been able to do this in the past on Royal Caribbean by e-mailing the Diamond Concierge beforehand, and I wasn't sure if this was an option on Celebrity or not.  I'm sure it will work out either way - just glad to be cruising again!

11 minutes ago, tamilyn said:

I guess my specific need is that we purchased a dining package and I was told at the time of purchase that they would pick a restaurant for us for Night 1 and then when we boarded we could change that if we wanted to and at that time make reservations for the other nights.  I have since called back to make reservations for the non-specialty dining (which I was able to do), but still was told that all specialty reservations should be made once onboard the ship.  When I try to do it online, it won't let me make the specialty reservations either.

And that’s exactly correct. When you buy a specialty dining package, you can’t make the reservations prior to the cruise.  When you board, just go to any of the specialty dining venues and the staff there will be able to change your first night reservation if you want and also make your reservations for the other nights, wherever you want.  (They can do this for any of the specialty venues.)

53 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

And that’s exactly correct. When you buy a specialty dining package, you can’t make the reservations prior to the cruise.  When you board, just go to any of the specialty dining venues and the staff there will be able to change your first night reservation if you want and also make your reservations for the other nights, wherever you want.  (They can do this for any of the specialty venues.)

Yes this is the way to do it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 9:34 AM, tamilyn said:

Yes!☺  Be aware they are only at his/her desk at certain times of the day.  Our concierges have always been great!  They stood at the Concierge line and introduced themselves to us as we checked in!