Does Carnival have wristbands?

codeyell0

I did a search and did not find much.
I saw an old article where they were going to do it but nothing more.
I hate lanyards, I have to wear them for work at times and they annoy me. 
Was really hoping for a wristband, if not looking at options.  

Going on Mardi Gras in Nov.  Never been on a Carnival cruise and i'm slowly picking up cruise items. 
(this is one of my first cruises as an adult, been on cruise as a kid but I didn't pack)

From what I understand, sailing with 95% basically eliminated this need. And, from videos and feedback I have seen from the first sailings, even masks for the unvaccinated are 'recommended'. Depending on where in the country you live, you may know that 'masks recommended' means nonexistent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stellarose said:

they should put bands on vaccinated .  but who knows what will happen come December.

If this were being seriously considered wouldn't it be simpler to issue a scarlet letter " U " to the unvaccinated?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There should be some kind of a choice in the future between the two..

Disney gave us waterproof wristbands this year to use as a room key and to buy everything with. It was nice not having to carry around a wallet or just a card for that matter.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think the question is in reference to room keys and the answer is no. I hate wearables.

yes you are correct.  
I dont like things around my neck and if I dont need to carry something in my pockets great!

most my shorts have small pockets 

what do you do for the room key? 

1 hour ago, codeyell0 said:

Unless Carnival does a cosmic shift, everything works off of your Sail & Sign Card (approximately the size of a credit card) which is issued when you check in.  You use it as your room key, pay for any on-board purchases with it, and show it as you get on and off the ship at ports of call.  You can obviously keep it in a pocket, wallet, or whatever, and some people (me included) find it to be more convenient to put it on a lanyard (which in my case normally stays tucked inside my shirt).

Edited by groundloop
my fingers forgot how to spell.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, codeyell0 said:

Going on Mardi Gras in Nov.  Never been on a Carnival cruise and i'm slowly picking up cruise items. 
(this is one of my first cruises as an adult, been on cruise as a kid but I didn't pack)

I am in the same boat (figuratively speaking) what helped me was reading all the various lists online regarding tips and tricks and things you wouldn’t think to bring. They are super helpful. 

Royal is using a wrist band. Silicone and thick, which I think is very dumb. let's say you are cruising with a couple that is not vaccinated. They want to go to a dining for vaccinated only and you lend them your wrist band. What use is it then? If they intend to do a wrist band. Do one like a hospital. Thin, light weight and all the info on it. Cannot remove it. Water proof etc. heck, when I have one on, half the time I forget I even have it.

I noticed some folks used key scrunchies for their sign and sail instead of lanyards. If you go to Amazon and punch in key scrunchie you'll see what I mean. They even have some that you can hide cash in on the same page. Good for when you're in port and want to carry as little as possible! 

Edited by cruisingguy007

3 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Royal is using a wrist band. Silicone and thick, which I think is very dumb. let's say you are cruising with a couple that is not vaccinated. They want to go to a dining for vaccinated only and you lend them your wrist band. What use is it then? If they intend to do a wrist band. Do one like a hospital. Thin, light weight and all the info on it. Cannot remove it. Water proof etc. heck, when I have one on, half the time I forget I even have it.

Or, you could simply just keep it on your wrist where it belongs and let the other couple figure things out on their own instead of contributing to the stupidity.

Edited by d9704011
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I think some folks are going overboard (pun intended) with the whole mark of the beast thing. It really shouldn't be that many people in the first place, most will be under 12, and all have had covid tests already. Plus everyone else should be vaccinated. I think it's pretty safe and some people are WAY over thinking this. If anyone is that scared they ought to just skip cruising and sit it out for a bit.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I noticed some folks used key scrunchies for their sign and sail instead of lanyards. If you go to Amazon and punch in key scrunchie you'll see what I mean. They even have some that you can hide cash in on the same page. Good for when you're in port and want to carry as little as possible! 

Thank you 
I'm looking for ideas
I did search amazon for key scrunchies but got pages and pages or hair scrunchies. 
have a link you can share i'd like to see what your talking about
the cards have no holes right? so you can't just attach them like a key ring?  so you must take them in and out of some sort of holder or keep it in your pocket

1 minute ago, codeyell0 said:

Thank you 
I'm looking for ideas
I did search amazon for key scrunchies but got pages and pages or hair scrunchies. 
have a link you can share i'd like to see what your talking about
the cards have no holes right? so you can't just attach them like a key ring?  so you must take them in and out of some sort of holder or keep it in your pocket

https://www.amazon.com/key-scrunchie/s?k=key+scrunchie

Yes, they have a hole punched since the vast majority uses lanyards and you have to use them so much and for everything. 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:58 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Royal is also punching a hole in the UN-vaxxed seapass cards. To enter a vaxxed only venue, the Seapass card must be presented to enter the venue. Now, would that vaxxed couple also offer their seapass card to the couple they are traveling with? Seems very unethical to me and also very risky to do that.

Edited by coffeebean

On 7/22/2021 at 9:33 AM, codeyell0 said:

Carnival has not come out with wristbands.  I was on one of Royal's largest ships and they did have wristbands.  I think they were called something like WOW bands.  Anyway, we could use them for purchases, to open the cabin door, and on the slot machines.  They were hit and miss when using on the slots.  I loved it and it was better than wearing a lanyard.  I wish Carnival would do the same thing.  Royal's wristband had nothing to do with vaccinations when I cruised back in March 2020.  They were in place of the sign and sail card.

• Like 1