Change to Test Requirements Starting Next Week for AOS (Nassau)

Well, we knew we needed to be flexible. Just received an email that the 5 day test requirement has been changed to 3 days. Which means having to reschedule our tests for Monday to next Wednesday. Hopefully CVS can easily do that! But we will probably get the rapid tests now rather than the PCR because PCR results won't come in until we are already in the Bahamas (flying in on Friday). I suspect many will do the same. Which seems weird because the rapid tests aren't known to be as good as the PCR tests. 

Adventure of the Seas Testing Update

We're reaching out with an important update on testing protocols for your upcoming August 7th, 2021 Adventure of the Seas sailing.

Beginning with sailings departing August 1st, 2021, all guests ages 2 years and older will be required to complete a COVID-19 test no more than 3 days prior to their sail date, and receive a negative result in order to sail. You'll need to show proof of a negative result at the pier for check-in. While we have shortened the timeframe in which a test must be taken, we are adding flexibility by allowing any type of COVID-19 test, antigen or PCR.

Protocol requirements are subject change, as we exercise caution to help ensure the health of our guests, crew, and the destinations to visit. You can always view the latest protocols on our website.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if it is because symptoms of the Delta variant can show up more quickly?

With a shorter window, maybe they are hoping to catch any last minute infections.

Edited by Babr
  • Like 3

We fly to Florida from WI on Thursday and will be visiting family before flying to Nassau on Saturday so we will also get our test on Wednesday before we head to our hotel in Madison before our flight and will just do the Antigen.   We do not leave until the 12th so at least we did not have it scheduled yet, will do that next week.  

Like you said, we all knew things could change so will do what is necessary to go. 

Found a "cancel" link at the bottom of my CVS confirmation emails. Clicked that to easily cancel. Looked for the closest location that does rapid and rescheduled for two days later. I'm motivated to do whatever it takes to get on this cruise! 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I will be in the Bahamas 7 days prior to the cruise, so this is covered with the Bahamas Health Visa. PCR is no longer required.

I assume they won’t retest children upon check-in?

Question: “no more than 3 days prior to their sail date”

So if we will be sailing on Saturday, “is the 3 days prior to” Wednesday or Thursday? Timing is important for me.

Edited by exm

54 minutes ago, exm said:

I will be in the Bahamas 7 days prior to the cruise, so this is covered with the Bahamas Health Visa. PCR is no longer required.

So if we will be sailing on Saturday, “is the 3 days prior to” Wednesday or Thursday? Timing is important for me.

I'm assuming Wednesday. Going by the dates, I sail the 7th, so subtracting 3 would be the 4th. I'm hoping that is correct because we are on the first ship using this new protocol. But others have said they have been getting tested as early as Monday for a Saturday sailing under the old protocol, which was 5 days. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, exm said:

From everything I have read - Testing Day is Day Zero, so you would need to be tested no earlier than Wednesday for a cruise that leaves on a Saturday.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sunshinetricia said:

I'm assuming Wednesday. Going by the dates, I sail the 7th, so subtracting 3 would be the 4th. I'm hoping that is correct because we are on the first ship using this new protocol. But others have said they have been getting tested as early as Monday for a Saturday sailing under the old protocol, which was 5 days. 

Yes, under the old protocol they could do with Monday being Day Zero - Saturday was then day 5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babr said:

I wonder if it is because symptoms of the Delta variant can show up more quickly?

With a shorter window, maybe they are hoping to catch any last minute infections.

I am sure that is factored in and IMO the 5 day window sounded too far out, IMO.    So much can happen in that amount of time.  

5 hours ago, sunshinetricia said:

Well, we knew we needed to be flexible. Just received an email that the 5 day test requirement has been changed to 3 days. Which means having to reschedule our tests for Monday to next Wednesday. Hopefully CVS can easily do that! But we will probably get the rapid tests now rather than the PCR because PCR results won't come in until we are already in the Bahamas (flying in on Friday). I suspect many will do the same. Which seems weird because the rapid tests aren't known to be as good as the PCR tests. 

Adventure of the Seas Testing Update

We're reaching out with an important update on testing protocols for your upcoming August 7th, 2021 Adventure of the Seas sailing.

Beginning with sailings departing August 1st, 2021, all guests ages 2 years and older will be required to complete a COVID-19 test no more than 3 days prior to their sail date, and receive a negative result in order to sail. You'll need to show proof of a negative result at the pier for check-in. While we have shortened the timeframe in which a test must be taken, we are adding flexibility by allowing any type of COVID-19 test, antigen or PCR.

Protocol requirements are subject change, as we exercise caution to help ensure the health of our guests, crew, and the destinations to visit. You can always view the latest protocols on our website.

Don't be surprised if they change it back to requiring a PCR test, at least have options in place just in case.

This was a major win for me.  Where I live a PCR test costs around $200.  I can get a rapid test under $50.  For my family of four, that's a substantial savings.

It'll help offset the higher airfare cost that I'm likely to end up paying since I can't count on being able to drive across the US border.  🙄

No one likes wasting money.....or charging insurance which is still wasting money, or charging the government to pay for the test, which is wasting money,  but we as consumers, did not create the mess of testing.  So therefore, I, as a traveler have accepted that the testing fees, and the travel visas, and everything else is just part of the price of the trip, like the high price of my drink package.   So many things I don't like, but just put it all together in one price, and is that price what you are willing to pay?  If so, have fun.  

Adventure will be my second trip this year, first was land based, and that involved getting tested going and coming back.  I will look back on this year, with enjoyment.....and be glad, that I will never have to visit that clinic again where I got tested.

• Like 1

I didn’t feel like it was a waste.  I tested positive.  Having rapid results, I was able to have an antibody infusion sooner.  I am now feeling much better and I am staying away from people for awhile.

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I didn’t feel like it was a waste.  I tested positive.  Having rapid results, I was able to have an antibody infusion sooner.  I am now feeling much better and I am staying away from people for awhile.

you left out facts, like is this related to AOS, did you have a vaccine,  or anything concerning this cruise?