Current cruisers- suite check in question

kelkel2

For those of you who have cruised since the start up, how is check in going for suites? Are they also allowing those who have suites to check in earlier and pick an earlier arrival time? Or has that been just for plats and diamonds? I thought suites e priority boarding but I haven’t heard how it’s being handled. 

We have a suite on the Mardi Gras next week and were given a check in date two days ahead of other people in our party who were in a standard room.  It gave us first dibs at picking a time slot.  My understanding is that they are adhering to the arrivals times though and not allowing "priority" boarding for anyone. 

You do get priority boarding during your chosen time slot.  We could have arrived at 10:30 based on what was available on the date we were able to complete check in.  We opted for a later time so we could board with the rest of our party.  Our boarding passes say "12:00 - 12:30" and "Priority" while my mother's says "12:00 - 12:30" and I think "D7".

Hopefully I didn't make that too confusing 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ShaniBell said:

We have a suite on the Mardi Gras next week and were given a check in date two days ahead of other people in our party who were in a standard room.  It gave us first dibs at picking a time slot.  My understanding is that they are adhering to the arrivals times though and not allowing "priority" boarding for anyone. 

You do get priority boarding during your chosen time slot.  We could have arrived at 10:30 based on what was available on the date we were able to complete check in.  We opted for a later time so we could board with the rest of our party.  Our boarding passes say "12:00 - 12:30" and "Priority" while my mother's says "12:00 - 12:30" and I think "D7".

That’s the exact answer I needed. Thank you! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShaniBell said:

Will your room be ready too or just priority boarding? 

8 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Will your room be ready too or just priority boarding? 

Actually, even priority boarding it is not guaranteed the rooms will be ready until the announcement is made for all. I read the new policies they posted on line about this, and was asking JH about this in the past week, and he stated that they would likely not because of all the extra cleaning they have to do.  I am Diamond, and wanted to know if I could go and drop my suite cases off like I normally do right when we board (we usually always carry our own luggage on).  He said no because they have so much cleaning the rooms would not be ready and also he discouraged carrying our own luggage on. Originally the info Carnival was putting out stated that priority guests could still go drop their suitcases in their room, and allow the stewards to finish their work as needed, but then this came out:

MBARKATION/BOARDING

Do Platinum and Diamond guests still have priority boarding and early access to their staterooms?

Given our focus on the implementation of new health and safety protocols, we have adjusted how we deliver priority check-in. All guests will need to complete Online Check-In, which will open 14 days prior to sailing. Platinum and Diamond guests will be given two days advance access to select their preferred Arrival Appointment. It is important that guests arrive on a timely basis as early arrivals cannot be accommodated and will be asked to return at their assigned time. Due to enhanced cleaning and sanitation, staterooms may not be ready at the time of boarding for the early Arrival Appointments. We appreciate our guests’ understanding as we manage through many changes with an eye on your health and safety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

Actually, even priority boarding it is not guaranteed the rooms will be ready until the announcement is made for all. I read the new policies they posted on line about this, and was asking JH about this in the past week, and he stated that they would likely not because of all the extra cleaning they have to do.  I am Diamond, and wanted to know if I could go and drop my suite cases off like I normally do right when we board (we usually always carry our own luggage on).  He said no because they have so much cleaning the rooms would not be ready and also he discouraged carrying our own luggage on. Originally the info Carnival was putting out stated that priority guests could still go drop their suitcases in their room, and allow the stewards to finish their work as needed, but then this came out:

MBARKATION/BOARDING

Do Platinum and Diamond guests still have priority boarding and early access to their staterooms?

Given our focus on the implementation of new health and safety protocols, we have adjusted how we deliver priority check-in. All guests will need to complete Online Check-In, which will open 14 days prior to sailing. Platinum and Diamond guests will be given two days advance access to select their preferred Arrival Appointment. It is important that guests arrive on a timely basis as early arrivals cannot be accommodated and will be asked to return at their assigned time. Due to enhanced cleaning and sanitation, staterooms may not be ready at the time of boarding for the early Arrival Appointments. We appreciate our guests’ understanding as we manage through many changes with an eye on your health and safety.

That makes total sense, thanks! 

We were on the Horizon on 7/10, in a suite we arrived about 10:30. we were taken to the front of the

line for check in. There was a lot of people already there, check in took about 15 minutes and they do ask if you have proof of being vaccinated . Once on board we were able to go to the room.

Next cruise 8/7 , on Horizon looking forward to another great cruise.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ShaniBell said:

Thanks this helps a lot as our adult kids don’t have a suite so we will do the same. We are 8-14 Mardi Gras!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, winslow050 said:

We were on the Horizon on 7/10, in a suite we arrived about 10:30. we were taken to the front of the

line for check in. There was a lot of people already there, check in took about 15 minutes and they do ask if you have proof of being vaccinated . Once on board we were able to go to the room.

Next cruise 8/7 , on Horizon looking forward to another great cruise.

It will be interesting to see how the 8/7 one pans out, please let us know.   We sail 8/19.

Original info they had sent out said that "Priority Guests would still have access like before to their rooms to drop their bags, etc. and then could go enjoy the ship while cleaning finished preparing the rooms."   This is what would be in place when you cruised in July.

However, the above info I posted just came out in the last week and JH backed it up when I specially asked on his page

I snagged a 10:30 time for our 8/7 MG sailing, mainly as I had previously read something about being able to go to your cabin upon board. Is this something which has just changed, or perhaps they have not got all their info (Carnival.com) updated yet ... and I can't find where I read that just a couple of days ago.

What I definitely don't want to do is get in the ship and not be able to get to our cabin for potentially an hour or two. We bring things (bottles of wine, 12-pk of mixers, personal items, etc...) onboard with us, and don't want to lug them around nor have to camp out somewhere. Decisions, decisions!

Tom

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I snagged a 10:30 time for our 8/7 MG sailing, mainly as I had previously read something about being able to go to your cabin upon board. Is this something which has just changed, or perhaps they have not got all their info (Carnival.com) updated yet ... and I can't find where I read that just a couple of days ago.

What I definitely don't want to do is get in the ship and not be able to get to our cabin for potentially an hour or two. We bring things (bottles of wine, 12-pk of mixers, personal items, etc...) onboard with us, and don't want to lug them around nor have to camp out somewhere. Decisions, decisions!

Tom

Tom 

See my post right above yours.  Originally I too saw where they said you could  Read it in something from Carnival.

However, in just the last couple days they sent out a new email with what I posted.  I went right over and asked JH because I am just like you want to get on drop my bags, go eat, etc.

JH said due to extensive cleaning they can no longer guarantee rooms will be ready when you board.  I asked about carrying our luggage on too, and he said they strongly request you don't so they don't have all kinds of people walking all over the ship with their suitcases (because you can't take it and drop it in your room).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Following. I'm curious as well. Even though we are not diamond or plat, my wife is hounding me to find out after getting through port check in, and we're on the ship, how long a wait until we can go to the rooms. Which leads up to the next question. Assuming our room will not be ready until sometime after 1:30, what is the general consensus of a good time to request, when doing online check in? I'm thinking 1:00-1:30. Wifey is telling me she wants 12:00-12:30. 

5 minutes ago, curiousguy said:

Anyone sail out of FL on Carnival recently?  If so are they making you show a vax card to board?  Just wondering with the FL law if they are doing that?

Yes, the are requesting everyone to show their vaccination card.

• Like 1

You can only cruise unvaccinated if you get an exemption first.  There are lots of threads about it on this site.

Basically if you are scheduled on a cruise, and unvaccinated, you have to request an exception from Carnival.  Only 5% of passengers are allowed to be unvaccinated and all reports right now point to the exemptions basically being granted mostly to children under 12.

You also will be asked to complete a vaccination assessment that asks if you are vaccinated a few weeks prior to cruising.  You have to answer yes or no basically.  And it clearly states you can be penalized for falsifying info.  If you do not complete this form, your cruises is cancelled.

At the port, they are asking to see the vaccination cards as proof of what you have attested to in your vaccination survey.

• Like 1

More info to your question too:  Those unvaccinated quests that are granted sailing must provide a negative Covid test taken within 72 hours of boarding.  They are also being tested at the terminal prior to boarding and a fee of $150 is charged to their sail and sign account for the cost.  Additionally, they must have travel insurance with specific coverage's (Carnival's website can spell those out for you)