Thanks To Everyone, Must Cancel My July 31, 2021 Cruise--My Wife Test Positive for Covid--Hope to you all soon!!

Sthrngary

Please be safe everyone.  Both my wife and I were vaccinated.  She is fine but tested positive for Covid.  We hope to travel another day.  Cruise well.

• Like 1

Oh no Gary!  I'm glad your wife is doing well at least, and hope she clears this quickly and completely

.  Echoing what everyone said, I hope you get to rebook really soon and really look forward to hearing your impressions when you do get to sail.

Vince

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

So very sorry.

This is a reminder that we all have to keep pour guard up.

Might you have her retested.

Stay safe and stay well.

Keith

Keith:  She will get retested.  However her symptoms are pretty clear.  You were right to have used caution on your trip. Couple of lesson's learned here.  1) Have Travel Insurance, We do. 2) Don't risk going to the port if you show symptoms, get a test. 3) Even when you have had a vaccine, you can still get covid.  It just is less severe.  4) I don't expect to get back any more of my fare from Crystal then their guidelines say.  This is NOT Crystal's fault, it is Covid's fault. 

Be well my friend love living your cruise with your guys.  Cruise well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

As all have said, very sorry to hear.

Thank you.  Very kind.  Just give me a chance at a Longer Crystal Cruise, LOL.  Life is interesting.  Cruise well.

• Like 1

The progression of my impressions, ever since Sthrngary started to post here—

1.  Hmmm … a new guy.

2.. He’s got opinions. 
3.  His opinions are interesting. 
4. I like this guy!

5. What does Gary have to say today?

6. I can’t wait until Gary and his wife go on their cruise. They will love it! 

7. July 22 - No, nonononono NO!!! 😫😫😫

But keep the faith, Gary. You and your dear wife WILL be on the deck of a Crystal ship sooner than you can imagine and you will have a great time there together with your new Crystal friends. 

Emily

• Like 12

Oh my goodness. This is beyond distressing. I am so sorry…along with many of us here, Timmy and I were looking forward to your first impressions. Please know that we are sending your wife good thoughts on the highest of vibrations ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 3

What a shame--I hope you are able to re-book soon.

Please take good care of your wife (I know you will) and yourself.

A sobering reminder that the vaccine is not 100%🙁

Thank you for all your posts--you gathered so much valuable information for all of us who are first time Crystal cruisers.

• Like 1

I am so very sorry. Makes me think we should all get tested before we fly there.

I am not Mexico ..had my  test today. Believe you are happy when you get the results.

45 minutes ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

1.  Hmmm … a new guy.

2.. He’s got opinions. 
4. I like this guy!

But keep the faith, Gary. You and your dear wife WILL be on the deck of a Crystal ship sooner than you can imagine and you will have a great time there together with your new Crystal friends. 

Emily

Emily, you read right through me, LOL.  It is ok, not my first time in having a cruise cancelled.  Working on four now.  Gets easier after the first three. Very kind word you shared, thank you.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if Crystal allows you to use the nonrefundable portion on another cruise. These are extraordinary times and they call for extraordinary kindness.  If so, I'll toss October 8 in the ring. 

• Thanks 1

Oh no!  We fly tomorrow, and if I so much as sneeze, I think about that test on Saturday!  So sorry to hear that your wife has contracted COVID, and hope that you will both be well.  Looking forward to hearing that you have booked another cruise in the future.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

1.  Hmmm … a new guy.

2.. He’s got opinions. 
4. I like this guy!

Emily

+1 .....What Mrs. Claypool said!!!    I've enjoyed reading your posts Gary.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your wife and that you will be able to rebook soon.

~Nancy

• Thanks 1

Gary, I am very sorry to hear this.  I hope your wife has a quick and uneventful recovery and that you stay healthy as well.

I have not posted much recently because I got way behind and am just now getting caught up, but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts and the ensuing responses.  Your point of view and insights are a welcome addition to this forum.  I also look forward to the day you get to sail on Crystal.  I'm sure you will love it, and we will love hearing about your Crystal experience.

Karen

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Keith:  She will get retested.  However her symptoms are pretty clear.  You were right to have used caution on your trip. Couple of lesson's learned here.  1) Have Travel Insurance, We do. 2) Don't risk going to the port if you show symptoms, get a test. 3) Even when you have had a vaccine, you can still get covid.  It just is less severe.  4) I don't expect to get back any more of my fare from Crystal then their guidelines say.  This is NOT Crystal's fault, it is Covid's fault. 

Be well my friend love living your cruise with your guys.  Cruise well.

I hope you both get another chance to try Crystal.  You did lots of research and it was very clear to me you absorbed all you have read.  I loved your writing style and your summaries.  

I don't have all the answers on this.  I wish I did.  In our case we have more reason to be cautious than some but we've increased those steps since arriving home.  This includes no gatherings indoors even with those vaccinated, limiting socialization to outside, wearing two masks when we have to got into public areas such as Grocery Shopping (me) and Medical appointments (Anne Marie).  Unfortunately this newer variant spreads so much easier than the original one.

Thank you for all the comments you have provided.  I admire your positive attitude, logical thinking and how you prioritize what is important.

I hope your wife makes a full recovery without any lasting effects and please be careful yourself.

I look forward to the day when COVID-19 is a distant memory. Right now this seems improbable but let's hope we realize this.

Stay well, safe and healthy because in the end this is much more important than a cruise.

Best to you.

Keith

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cybercsp said:

Oh no!  We fly tomorrow, and if I so much as sneeze, I think about that test on Saturday!  So sorry to hear that your wife has contracted COVID, and hope that you will both be well.  Looking forward to hearing that you have booked another cruise in the future.  

Have a wonderful time!

• Like 1