Thanks To Everyone, Must Cancel My July 31, 2021 Cruise--My Wife Test Positive for Covid--Hope to you all soon!!

Sthrngary

Aw geez....so very sorry you're going to miss your cruise. Of course we're concerned about your and your wife's health, but on a truly selfish vein, I had looked forward to your comments about your first Crystal cruise. I will just have to wait....and I can do that!

Looking forward to a time when you're both healthy and off to new adventures!!!

Linda

• Like 1

you must consider to go for  a second test !

there are mistakes on those tests ...

my neighbour ( twice vaccinated)  had a positive test a few weeks ago en 3 days later she was negative as were all her contacts including myself  ( also double Pfizer ) 

however feeling very very sorry for you as you were so looking forward to discover Crystal 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I hope you both get another chance to try Crystal.  You did lots of research and it was very clear to me you absorbed all you have read.  I loved your writing style and your summaries.  

I don't have all the answers on this.  I wish I did.  In our case we have more reason to be cautious than some but we've increased those steps since arriving home.  This includes no gatherings indoors even with those vaccinated, limiting socialization to outside, wearing two masks when we have to got into public areas such as Grocery Shopping (me) and Medical appointments (Anne Marie).  Unfortunately this newer variant spreads so much easier than the original one.

Thank you for all the comments you have provided.  I admire your positive attitude, logical thinking and how you prioritize what is important.

I hope your wife makes a full recovery without any lasting effects and please be careful yourself.

I look forward to the day when COVID-19 is a distant memory. Right now this seems improbable but let's hope we realize this.

Stay well, safe and healthy because in the end this is much more important than a cruise.

Best to you.

Keith

Thank you as always, easy to have a positive attitude when we are all so blessed to have the ability to vacation, travel, cruise and be with friends.  Kind of important to remember that in the grand scheme of things.  You stay safe also.  Cruise well

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vistaman said:

you must consider to go for  a second test !

there are mistakes on those tests ...

my neighbour ( twice vaccinated)  had a positive test a few weeks ago en 3 days later she was negative as were all her contacts including myself  ( also double Pfizer ) 

however feeling very very sorry for you as you were so looking forward to discover Crystal 

Yes, Tami is going for a second test, having zoom meeting with her doctor.  I am afraid her symptoms, mild, are a give away.  Thanks for the kind words.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mudhen said:

Aw geez....so very sorry you're going to miss your cruise. Of course we're concerned about your and your wife's health, but on a truly selfish vein, I had looked forward to your comments about your first Crystal cruise. I will just have to wait....and I can do that!

Looking forward to a time when you're both healthy and off to new adventures!!!

Linda

My documentation is all ready to go, all I need it to cruise.  My goal is to submit all the information the Travel Insurance company and my credit card needs to process a refund.  This simply gives me more data to make my little report better for anyone in the future.  I look at this as both something to do that I like and helpful to others when it is through.  The insurance company does not know what is about t hit them, LOL. Cruise well.

• Like 1

So sorry Gary.  I have two sets of friends that live in BHM.  Sadly, AL has the lowest % of the population vaccinated at only 35%.  Couple that with what they tell me that unvaccinated people are going without masks (according to people they know) and yes, fully vaccinated people can get Covid from those who are not vaccinated.

Having just got off myself on July 17 and having loved it I was looking forward to your opinions as a first timer on Crystal.

Good luck and stay safe.  You strike me as a true southern gentleman and I have enjoyed your posts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisr said:

So sorry Gary.  I have two sets of friends that live in BHM.  Sadly, AL has the lowest % of the population vaccinated at only 35%.  Couple that with what they tell me that unvaccinated people are going without masks (according to people they know) and yes, fully vaccinated people can get Covid from those who are not vaccinated.

Having just got off myself on July 17 and having loved it I was looking forward to your opinions as a first timer on Crystal.

Good luck and stay safe.  You strike me as a true southern gentleman and I have enjoyed your posts.

LOL, first thank you. Second, I was born and raised in Long Island, NY.  I have lived in Alabama for 32 years.  So some of it must have rubbed off on me.  You are right on with regards to the Great State of Alabama.  Kind of sad really, so easy to do the right thing but folk kind of cope an attitude.  Thanks again.

For anyone reading this thread, thank you for your comments.  I hope no one has to cancel your cruise due to Covid-19.  Just in case you do, here is my suggestion:

• If You Think You Have Symptoms:  Get tested prior to getting on your flight to the port.  I assure everyone, being turned down at the port is much worse then knowing before you leave home. 
  • Always buy Travel Insurance:  This is so very important now.  Make sure your Travel Insurance Provide has the coverage with Covid.  Some let you know they will cover it, some don't.
  • Remember to Check Coverage with your Credit Card: I have an American Express Platinum Card.  I ALWAYS us it for every single expense on travel.  The provide Cancelation and trip interruption insurance. What my Travel Insurance does not pay, they will pay.
  • Save Your Receipts: If you have access to a scanner, which I do; make digital copies of all your payments which is really easy with your online AMX bill.  The Travel Insurance Company will need you to up load them.
  • List All Your Expenses On One Document:  I use excel.  I did a quick spreadsheet to show all the costs, dates and descriptions.  I know insurance companies. If you are super complete, they tend to not challenge your information.  So this document, plus the digital receipts and the detailed descriptions send a message. 
  • Crystal Cruises Cancellation Policies:  As I have said, we all know the rules when you have to cancel.  With the right insurance and credit card, you will be whole again.  My penalty with Crystal for canceling 8 days out was 50% of what I paid plus all the taxes/port charges back.  We also have to remember, gaining refunds from Crystal Cruises have been taking a very long time.  Again, we knew the rules when we booked.  
  • Do This Process Completely and Quickly: If you wait, you will also have to wait for the Insurance Company to refund you.  That refund, allows you to book another cruise quicker.  Also, you just feel better mentally when you get this stuff done.  Just my advice.

I hope this helps if this should happen to you.  Feel free to ask me any questions.  I know have a lot of time on my hands and happy to help.  To those whom asked.  As soon as my wife feels better, we quality to travel again both with Crystal and the Bahamas Government, we will try to book again. 

Cruise well everyone. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

I'm so sorry

Can I ask what travel insurance you have?

I have ALLIANZ GLOBAL ASSISTANCE.  I usually buy my Travel Insurance from American Express.  This time, my agent provided it for me.  I hope that helps you.  

• Thanks 1

Good Morning Gary,

I hope that both you and your wife come through this quickly with no issues. Hope to see you on these boards again soon getting ready for another cruise.

Stay Well, Jeff (aka Majcigar)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Yes, Tami is going for a second test, having zoom meeting with her doctor.  I am afraid her symptoms, mild, are a give away.  Thanks for the kind words.

Gary, there I was on another thread, blithely chatting away, innocently not knowing that you have had to change your plans.

With symptoms, and thank goodness they’re mild, the hopes of a false negative truly seem tossed out the window, alas!

Very best wishes to Tami for her complete and quick recovery. One thing we all can predict: she has the best and most caring husband a person can have. 

Lovely defense of your adopted state, as well. No more than we’ve come to know and love about you. Thank you for teaching us so very much!

• Like 4

I am so sorry and I can only imagine your concern and disappointment. 

A friend once told me: "The ONLY thing you have control of when you travel is your attitude".  Your attitude is exemplary.  Stay safe and get well.  Now, for the next cruise....

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, 2 Mates said:

I am so sorry and I can only imagine your concern and disappointment. 

A friend once told me: "The ONLY thing you have control of when you travel is your attitude".  Your attitude is exemplary.  Stay safe and get well.  Now, for the next cruise....

Thank you.  Everyone has me completely wrong.  I don't have a great attitude.  That is the Martini's I drink before I post.  Call it the Grey Goose Effect, LOL.  They say, the planning for a vacation can be more fun then the vacation.  Just think, I get to plan a cruise "ON CRYSTAL" all over again.  You all should be envious of me.   

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

LOL, first thank you. Second, I was born and raised in Long Island, NY.  I have lived in Alabama for 32 years.  So some of it must have rubbed off on me.  You are right on with regards to the Great State of Alabama.  Kind of sad really, so easy to do the right thing but folk kind of cope an attitude.  Thanks again.

I know I too will miss your commentary about Crystal. Here's hoping your wife has a very speedy and mild case.

BTW: Where on Lawn Guylind did you grow up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtA said:

I know I too will miss your commentary about Crystal. Here's hoping your wife has a very speedy and mild case.

BTW: Where on Lawn Guylind did you grow up?

Huntington as known as Melville. Home the the boxer, Gentleman Jerry Kooney.  He used to sell milk at the Dairy Barn. Like a drive up minimart. A very long time ago. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Huntington as known as Melville. Home the the boxer, Gentleman Jerry Kooney.  He used to sell milk at the Dairy Barn. Like a drive up minimart. A very long time ago. 

I grew up in Elmont and then Great Neck. 🙂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Thank you.  Everyone has me completely wrong.  I don't have a great attitude.  That is the Martini's I drink before I post.  Call it the Grey Goose Effect, LOL.  They say, the planning for a vacation can be more fun then the vacation.  Just think, I get to plan a cruise "ON CRYSTAL" all over again.  You all should be envious of me.   

I to am sorry to hear about you having to cancel your upcoming cruise ..and hope your wife makes a quick recovery... Your cruise profile lists crystal as being one of your favourite cruise lines so was this not going to be your first on crystal?  Happy cruising soon 🙏🚢

21 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

I to am sorry to hear about you having to cancel your upcoming cruise ..and hope your wife makes a quick recovery... Your cruise profile lists crystal as being one of your favourite cruise lines so was this not going to be your first on crystal?  Happy cruising soon 🙏🚢

This was going to be my first cruise with Crystal.  It took lots of research and many look hours of asking questions on this board.  My wife is feeling better, I am considering booking at the end of August.  I want her to have her smell and taste back of else she won't have a good time.  Thanks for reaching out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

This was going to be my first cruise with Crystal.  It took lots of research and many look hours of asking questions on this board.  My wife is feeling better, I am considering booking at the end of August.  I want her to have her smell and taste back of else she won't have a good time.  Thanks for reaching out.

gary,

with all of the research and time you’ve spent over the past few months finding the “best” luxury line for you and your wife,  I certainly hope you’ll book a late august Bahamas cruise.  I’m pretty sure your wife will have her sense of smell and taste back soon.  Please keep us posted as many of us on this board would love for you to go and provide your feedback about the cruise.

Nancy

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nancygp said:

gary,

with all of the research and time you’ve spent over the past few months finding the “best” luxury line for you and your wife,  I certainly hope you’ll book a late august Bahamas cruise.  I’m pretty sure your wife will have her sense of smell and taste back soon.  Please keep us posted as many of us on this board would love for you to go and provide your feedback about the cruise.

Nancy

Talk about being positive, thank you for your post.  To be honest, the research is my joy and hobby.  It is my entertainment.  It allows me to provide information that is missing to aid luxury buyers with client-centered real world data.  I am attempting to work through the details of booking the August 21, 2021 sailing.  My challenge is 1/2 lost by canceling which will be taken care of by Travel Insurance but not for a while.  I asked my TA to see if Crystal would consider applying my refund to this upcoming booking.  I am waiting to hear back.

Part of my personality is in life, you need to be fair and see both sides of a situation.  If you handle yourself with professionalism, class and respect; many things can happen.  Yet if they don't, you simply can't be bitter and must just move on.  You always don't get what you want in life or what you think is fair.  It doesn't hurt to ask though. Cruise well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smlnd said:

Hoping you book for Aug. 28th cruise (when we are on) because I would love to meet you!

Thank you. I can't do that date because it over laps my son's birthday.  I that my first choice.  We are looking at August 21 I am sorry to say.  Cruise well.