Specialty Dinner Venue Package Discount of Three Visits For 60.00 or 38.00

On our last Carnival cruise in August of 2019, while on the Horizon we took advantage of a new program they were doing on a trial basis.  It consisted of 1 night at the Steakhouse and 2 other nights at either Cucina del Capitano, Jiji's, Bonsai Sushi or Guy's BBQ.  The latter two gave you a 15.00 voucher to spend towards their a la carte items.  Instead of paying the regular price of 68.00, the package was 60.00.

While watching some  YouTube videos from recent sailings, the package is still available as well as another additional one.  The new one is 38.00 instead of 45.00 and gives you 3 nights at the other venues besides the Steakhouse.  These deals are only available on board, you can't buy it ahead of time.  I'm not sure if Seafood Shack has been added as an option.  And of course have no idea how it will work on the Mardi Gras, but I assume it would only be available down the road on the MG since the 15.00 venues are supposed to be complimentary during the initial sailings.  Rudi's Seagrill could also be an option instead of the Steakhouse as well, but this is an assumption.  Teppanyaki was not an option as a substitute to the Steakhouse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

On our last Carnival cruise in August of 2019, while on the Horizon we took advantage of a new program they were doing on a trial basis.  It consisted of 1 night at the Steakhouse and 2 other nights at either Cucina del Capitano, Jiji's, Bonsai Sushi or Guy's BBQ.  The latter two gave you a 15.00 voucher to spend towards their a la carte items.  Instead of paying the regular price of 68.00, the package was 60.00.

While watching some  YouTube videos from recent sailings, the package is still available as well as another additional one.  The new one is 38.00 instead of 45.00 and gives you 3 nights at the other venues besides the Steakhouse.  These deals are only available on board, you can't buy it ahead of time.  I'm not sure if Seafood Shack has been added as an option.  And of course have no idea how it will work on the Mardi Gras, but I assume it would only be available down the road on the MG since the 15.00 venues are supposed to be complimentary during the initial sailings.  Rudi's Seagrill could also be an option instead of the Steakhouse as well, but this is an assumption.  Teppanyaki was not an option as a substitute to the Steakhouse.

I'm on vista and intend to do pay venues but  not sure how the packages would work out for sushi and the fish place. 

Just do Mdr for lobster night and the other 6 try and schedule some, but not sure about all 6. For instance I might want the lobster rolls that cost 13.00 not 15.00 credit, so I was thinking lunch, for seafood shack. I might do one pkg, who knows but not sure 2 might be pushing it. I dont eat italian. 

I'm not sure what vista has for ala carte at pig and anchor. Not the same as horizon which is confusing to try and google. Horizon they combined with the bbq. 

I'm doing one pkg for sure.

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm not sure what vista has for ala carte at pig and anchor. Not the same as horizon which is confusing to try and google. Horizon they combined with the bbq. 

I'm doing one pkg for sure.

The BBQ at dinnertime is currently only available on the Horizon and the Panorama and will be available on the Mardi Gras and Celebration.  If you use the voucher at either Bonsai Sushi or Seafood Shack, you would get to spend 15.00.  You could then add Jiji's to use the 38.00 deal or just go to Bonsai Sushi and add the Steakhouse for the 60.00 deal.  This way you could have your Lobster Roll one day for lunch and pay the 13.00.  If you don't want the steakhouse, you could also do Jiji's twice with Bonsai for the 38.00 deal.  You have options, but can't pull the trigger till you get onboard.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The BBQ at dinnertime is currently only available on the Horizon and the Panorama and will be available on the Mardi Gras and Celebration.  If you use the voucher at either Bonsai Sushi or Seafood Shack, you would get to spend 15.00.  You could then add Jiji's to use the 38.00 deal or just go to Bonsai Sushi and add the Steakhouse for the 60.00 deal.  This way you could have your Lobster Roll one day for lunch and pay the 13.00.  If you don't want the steakhouse, you could also do Jiji's twice with Bonsai for the 38.00 deal.  You have options, but can't pull the trigger till you get onboard.

I want the steakhouse 1 time and JiJis 3 times. Hence I said either pkg works for me, same savings.

I would book both pkgs but not sure if both work for me together the same week. 

And yes I have it planned for once I'm onboard to book pronto.  Just have to wait ..hard. play it by ear.

I said I dont do italian ... so of course that means steak and JiJis..  that's all there is except credit for sushi or seafood shack.. I do eat sushi. But not usually 15.00 worth at one sitting. 

I plan to play it by ear. Maybe do one pkg and then decide on the other later. The steak place and 2 JiJis. That's my plan anyway.

28 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

This sounds very appealing! Is it only offered on embarkation day? I'll be on the Panorama next month.

I've read its offered in your app and also it was advertised in the elevators lol.

Good question.

If you have ever had a new england lobster roll...what is offered on the ship is not even close.  Not worth the $, imo.  Tried it, not impressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, crdtrnr said:

If you have ever had a new england lobster roll...what is offered on the ship is not even close.  Not worth the $, imo.  Tried it, not impressed.

Agreed we have gotten the lobster roll a few times on different ships and always been disappointed.  

Edited by tap_out
  • Like 1

With the reviews of the new menus and reports of them still gong to find their groove in mdr we are going to take advantage of this.  1 night in the steakhouse, jijis, Italian and one night BBQ with the other 2 nights being formal nights In the mdr.  Even with the package will have to pay out for the 4th meal at guys. Not a huge savings but hey anything helps.  

2 hours ago, crdtrnr said:

I havent but read on here the lobster roll has tons of lobster on it. That's why I wanted to try it. How much can they mess that up?

1 hour ago, tap_out said:

Agreed we have gotten the lobster roll a few times on different ships and always been disappointed.  

The mayo mess version or just butter?

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I want the steakhouse 1 time and JiJis 3 times. Hence I said either pkg works for me, same savings.

I would book both pkgs but not sure if both work for me together the same week. 

And yes I have it planned for once I'm onboard to book pronto.  Just have to wait ..hard. play it by ear.

I said I dont do italian ... so of course that means steak and JiJis..  that's all there is except credit for sushi or seafood shack.. I do eat sushi. But not usually 15.00 worth at one sitting. 

I plan to play it by ear. Maybe do one pkg and then decide on the other later. The steak place and 2 JiJis. That's my plan anyway.

Buy the 38.00 deal for the 3 visits at Jiji's, saving 7 bucks. Then get the 60 deal for the Steakhouse, and Seafood Shack twice.  You'll still save four bucks if you only get the lobster roll both times.

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I havent but read on here the lobster roll has tons of lobster on it. That's why I wanted to try it. How much can they mess that up?

Hey HAPPY SAILING !!

Could you confirm if there have been any changes to the Steakhouse menu?

Also - the "Seafood Tower", which is apparently erroneously listed on the MDR menu under "Steakhouse Selections". Could you ask if that could be made available for purchase at lunch? I'd like to give it a try, but won't be sacrificing a night in either Rudi's or the Steakhouse for that! 

Too little time, so much to try !!!

THANKS,

Tom 

EDIT -- my bad, I read your first post where you said "I'm on the Vista", which I took too literally !!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Where do I go when I board to book my pay dining as fast as I can

Do I need a new thread., is there a person somewhere other than booking in my app?

Edited by firefly333

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Do I need a new thread., is there a person somewhere other than booking in my app?

I would first look for a person at a kiosk in the atrium area as you enter, otherwise I would go to the roped off area at guest services and buy it there.  If I recall that is where I bought our 60.00 package on the Horizon.  I was given a ticket that had three tear off strips that were handed to the waitress at the venues so that they could tell we had prepaid with the discounted package.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Tom....did your check in go smoothly and what time did you pick?

Like clockwork (can't remember the last time I stayed up that late, and wasn't on a cruise)! The link went live at midnight, and I was finished by 12:10.

10:30-11:00

Tom

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I would first look for a person at a kiosk in the atrium area as you enter, otherwise I would go to the roped off area at guest services and buy it there.  If I recall that is where I bought our 60.00 package on the Horizon.  I was given a ticket that had three tear off strips that were handed to the waitress at the venues so that they could tell we had prepaid with the discounted package.

So you couldnt do it all at once. I was hoping to book dinner times together with buying it. Not find each venue to set a time.

No wo dear it's a mess and disorganized. 

36 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

any restaurant manager or server

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So you couldnt do it all at once. I was hoping to book dinner times together with buying it. Not find each venue to set a time.

No wo dear it's a mess and disorganized. 

you can call each venue. of course, many cruisers will have prebooked.

Posted (edited)

You mean there is no centralized place where you can book all your pay restaurants and times in one spot. 

Surely there has to be. Rcl you can go to any pay restaurant, go to wonderland, and book times for the whole weeks dining. 

If I go to chops on rcl ... any venue can book times for all venues.

Carnival cant, I have to go one by one to each ... for real? John needs to hear how behind carnival is in this. Hard to believe if true there is  no centralized place to book pay venues. Sorry very lame

I'm hoping onboard I find there is a centralized place. This cant be right.

Now I understand when I read comments after the cruise about overbooked steakhouse and bookings being a mess. They need to centralize it.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

So, if we have already prepaid for our specialty dining, we would not be able to get a credit for the packages ? There weren't any dining packages listed in our planner.

• Like 1