Dropping a third person from the room, what happens to our booking?

cgolf1

We likely need to drop a 3rd person booked in our room. We have a fairly good deal with some bonus perks picked up during one of their sales. Is it likely we will keep our perks and price or will they force us to rebook and pay a higher price with different perks? If it is the later we will likely just cancel.

27 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

We likely need to drop a 3rd person booked in our room. We have a fairly good deal with some bonus perks picked up during one of their sales. Is it likely we will keep our perks and price or will they force us to rebook and pay a higher price with different perks? If it is the later we will likely just cancel.

You shouldn't lose anything.  Most bookings are made on first 2 occupants, and 3rd and 4th are usually booked without perks, and at different rate.

Yes, goes both ways when dropping 1 or adding a 3rd. You should keep your bonus perks, but you will pay the price for a double which means each of the two of you will go up probably a few $$. I’ve added a 3rd and kept the perks, and our price for the two of us went down and the 3rd was pricing was added was less than each for a double. 

our daughter may join us on our upcoming TA. we have a SR that takes 3, but two of us in it. If we add her, our price for each of us go down and her cost would be less than what each person in a double pay. So we  agreed she’d get the ‘deal’ of our price drop. Make sense?

den

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the replies and an idea of what we can expect. On some lines I had read it was better to just not touch the reservation and have the person as a no show the day of, but I never liked that because it was dishonest. We have the original invoice and will see what we decide to do depending on what the changes are to our costs then. We have the forward facing oceanview on the APEX that we were really looking forward to, but the ports are not our favorites. 

Also since this is still a cruise in 2021 and the Delta variant picking up steam if we can be sure they keep the cruise with confidence in place, we could delay our decision till very close to the cruise. Trying to decide to travel is still a interesting discussion, can't wait till it is a full non issue:)

Edited by cgolf1

I did this a month ago, the same week of sailing. No issues with dropping them from the booking. We were told we would get FCC but instead ended up with a full refund for the third guest.

2 hours ago, Kreative03 said:

I did this a month ago, the same week of sailing. No issues with dropping them from the booking. We were told we would get FCC but instead ended up with a full refund for the third guest.

Since you became a double vs a 3-person, did your individual SR price go up for the remaining 2 when the 3rd was dropped and reimbursed? 

Den

5 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

Thanks for the replies and an idea of what we can expect. On some lines I had read it was better to just not touch the reservation and have the person as a no show the day of, but I never liked that because it was dishonest.

Not sure I understand why it's "dishonest". You booked a room for 3 and paid for a room for 3 with the understanding that 3 would go. If things change in the future, there's no lying about or obligation to tell the cruise line that the third isn't going.  Only reason to bring it back up would be if you were trying to get the third person's fare refunded. In this situation I would leave the booking as 3 unless there's a cost advantage to cancelling the third person. Between now and the cruise perhaps that third person will change their mind or you would find someone else to take their place.

• Like 2