Jump to content

More Australia/New Zealand Cancellations...


ceilidh1
 Share

Recommended Posts

I didn't see this posted here yet - came in an email to TAs today:

 

Select 2021 & 2022 Australia & New Zealand cruises cancelled

Due to ongoing uncertainty surrounding travel around Australia & New Zealand, today we have cancelled Emerald Princess® cruises, sailing December 28, 2021 through March 9, 2022. As we have done previously, we’re giving travel advisors 24 hours’ advanced notice so you can contact your impacted clients personally about the rebooking, Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or refund options available. Clients with cancelled bookings have until August 31 to choose their preferred option. If we do not hear from them by the deadline, the FCC option will automatically be applied, which includes a refundable 100% FCC for money paid toward the fare, plus a non-refundable 10% bonus FCC.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting that they haven't cancelled the Royal Princess sailings from December thru March.  We have a sailing on the Royal Princess on 2/18/2022

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, lesnpatty said:

Interesting that they haven't cancelled the Royal Princess sailings from December thru March.  We have a sailing on the Royal Princess on 2/18/2022

 

 

It is interesting that the 2021/2022 Royal Princess cruises are listed as the replacement cruise for the canceled Emerald Princess cruises. 

 

Cancelled Emerald Princess Cruises in Australia & New Zealand Departing December 2021 through March 2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

It is interesting that the 2021/2022 Royal Princess cruises are listed as the replacement cruise for the canceled Emerald Princess cruises. 

 

Cancelled Emerald Princess Cruises in Australia & New Zealand Departing December 2021 through March 2022

I noticed that too, maybe they are moving the Emerald somewhere else?  I still think my Royal Princess will be cancelled though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, lesnpatty said:

I noticed that too, maybe they are moving the Emerald somewhere else?  I still think my Royal Princess will be cancelled though.

 

Per Princess:

Due to continued uncertainty regarding the restart of cruising in Australia, Princess has cancelled Emerald Princess® cruises from December 28, 2021 through March 9, 2022. The alternative deployment for Emerald Princess in North America will be announced at a later date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Per Princess:

Due to continued uncertainty regarding the restart of cruising in Australia, Princess has cancelled Emerald Princess® cruises from December 28, 2021 through March 9, 2022. The alternative deployment for Emerald Princess in North America will be announced at a later date.

Thanks for the info, I scanned down to the cancellations and missed that and didn't read thru the into paragraph.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They haven't cancelled the January 2022 Sapphire Princess cruises to Australia, New Zealand, and Tasmania. I have to wonder if they are hoping to keep those in place but limit them to "local" cruisers only. I was hoping for a move over cruise offer for 2023 but it looks like if/when they cancel me I'll be limited to a refund or 110% FCC.  Rather than the FCC I think I'd just ask for my FCD to be restored. Maybe they would give me an extension on it. Probably not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Thrak said:

They haven't cancelled the January 2022 Sapphire Princess cruises to Australia, New Zealand, and Tasmania. I have to wonder if they are hoping to keep those in place but limit them to "local" cruisers only. I was hoping for a move over cruise offer for 2023 but it looks like if/when they cancel me I'll be limited to a refund or 110% FCC.  Rather than the FCC I think I'd just ask for my FCD to be restored. Maybe they would give me an extension on it. Probably not.

Interestingly, currently Diamond and Sapphire are heading to Cyprus, according to Marine Traffic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Interestingly, currently Diamond and Sapphire are heading to Cyprus, according to Marine Traffic.

 

Correct, however as was pointed out on one of the Sapphire Roll Calls, the Sapphire doesn't need to be in Australia until January. Even though she is heading to Cyprus she will not be there for the northern winter and has plenty of time to get to Aust.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I didn't see this posted here yet - came in an email to TAs today:

 

Select 2021 & 2022 Australia & New Zealand cruises cancelled

Due to ongoing uncertainty surrounding travel around Australia & New Zealand, today we have cancelled Emerald Princess® cruises, sailing December 28, 2021 through March 9, 2022. As we have done previously, we’re giving travel advisors 24 hours’ advanced notice so you can contact your impacted clients personally about the rebooking, Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or refund options available. Clients with cancelled bookings have until August 31 to choose their preferred option. If we do not hear from them by the deadline, the FCC option will automatically be applied, which includes a refundable 100% FCC for money paid toward the fare, plus a non-refundable 10% bonus FCC.

 

They said the same thing when they cancelled our December 2021 Australia cruise on the Sapphire.  Yet they updated the website with news of the cancellation hours before letting TAs know.  I found out about the cancellation on the website, my TA forwarded the news a couple hours later, and a day after that Jan sent the email with our options directly to us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not suprising..... have been waiting for a while for them the Cancel the 21/22 season..... particularly with the current outbreaks here...

 

Now fingers crossed for the 22/23 season ( October to April )

and I am starting to think that could be iffy.... we will know by June 2022...

 

Hopefully not more of the same, and that we have some forward movement

( so it looks like almost 3 years without cruising )

 

Don

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 2:39 PM, Princess Cruises Fann said:

It is interesting that the 2021/2022 Royal Princess cruises are listed as the replacement cruise for the canceled Emerald Princess cruises. 

 

Cancelled Emerald Princess Cruises in Australia & New Zealand Departing December 2021 through March 2022

It could be that when Australia does allow some cruising to restart here they may limit the number of ships per cruise line, or the restrictions on itineraries may mean that it isn't feasible to operate two ships out of Sydney for that period.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given that Australia and New Zealand have decided it is too dangerous to send their teams to the Rugby  League  World Cup in the UK this autumn, I can't see how they will allow cruises to go ahead anytine soon.

Interestingly,  tennis players,  and cricketers have been brave enough to come to the UK this summer from Down Under, and Australians and New Zealanders are competing in Tokyo. Seems Rugby League players lack a bone down their back!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@wowzz

 

One thing you forgot to take into account is that the New Zealanders in the league team have been in Australia away from families and under strict Covid protocols.   Having to go to the UK under isolation and then return to New Zealand also under Isolation protocols would mean more time away from their families.

None of those sportsmen you mention have had a quarter of the "inconvenience" the league players have.

 

I would say that the New Zealanders want to get home to what is the most safe place in the world regarding the Covid problems and not be put at risk having to endure a country that is in the midst of one of the worst outbreaks in the world at the present time.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@wowzz

 

One thing you forgot to take into account is that the New Zealanders in the league team have been in Australia away from families and under strict Covid protocols.   Having to go to the UK under isolation and then return to New Zealand also under Isolation protocols would mean more time away from their families.

None of those sportsmen you mention have had a quarter of the "inconvenience" the league players have.

 

I would say that the New Zealanders want to get home to what is the most safe place in the world regarding the Covid problems and not be put at risk having to endure a country that is in the midst of one of the worst outbreaks in the world at the present time.

 

 

So I assume no one from New Zealand will be going to Tokyo?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

So I assume no one from New Zealand will be going to Tokyo?

 

I don't think the risk of participating in the Tokyo Olympics with their strict protocols can be compared with the risk of visiting the UK with their current grand national "freedom" experiment.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

I don't think the risk of participating in the Tokyo Olympics with their strict protocols can be compared with the risk of visiting the UK with their current grand national "freedom" experiment.

Although the "bubble" for the rugby players will be just as tight, if not more so than in Tokyo

The British Lions are playing a rugby tour in South Africa at the moment - good to see that some sportsmen are prepared to show that life and sport can still go ahead ! And the New Zealand cricket team were in the UK earlier this year. 

Who would have thought that Rugby League players woukd "wimp out" !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Although the "bubble" for the rugby players will be just as tight, if not more so than in Tokyo

The British Lions are playing a rugby tour in South Africa at the moment - good to see that some sportsmen are prepared to show that life and sport can still go ahead ! And the New Zealand cricket team were in the UK earlier this year. 

Who would have thought that Rugby League players woukd "wimp out" !

I do not think it is appropriate to accuse any individual or organisation of being "wimps" because they make choices based on minimising the health risk to themselves and/or those they care about.  I can understand your disappointment but you cannot be surprised that a visit to the UK is considered to carry a too high a risk at the present time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

I don't think the risk of participating in the Tokyo Olympics with their strict protocols can be compared with the risk of visiting the UK with their current grand national "freedom" experiment.

80% vaccinated rate, not as bad as you believe 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it might be all a moot point as to cruises in 2021-22 season in Australia as our government has said the borders will remain closed for all international travel until mid 2022 at least. The only hope is for domestic itineraries for AU passengers only but even that is a long shot.

Cruises paused until 17 December but the government waits till about 6 weeks out to make a decision. Given the worsening situation here and the lack of any discussions with cruise lines, expect the whole season to be cancelled.

That means another cancellation for me and FCC.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's go time.
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...