Seattle
Nieuw Amsterdam

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0723USA.thumb.png.70892918f58648db2d39507e82a5309d.png

0723Europe.thumb.png.5a65280e9043f882e97ae6122f23196d.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Happy Friday.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

My grandma was gorgeous (I miss her).  Love vanilla ice cream.  Today's high is forecast to be 26C (79F) so yes, it's hot enough for me, thanks for asking.

Great quote.

Looking forward to seeing the recipe for today's meal.

I think Alicante is a port stop for our cruise next year.

Hope the wine and drink of the day are tasty.

Sending prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers to all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 22

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich.  The final day of the pause in operations.  My grandparents were all gone before I could remember anything.  Hot enough for me will come Sunday.  A special salute to Vanilla Ice Cream.  Been to several Spanish ports but not Alicante.  Great quote by Levinson.  Since I don't eat seafood I'll pass on the Tilapia.  My alternative is what I would have had on MS Rotterdam VI July 16, 2021 if I had been in the dining room rather than Canaletto and not had my big Mariner Brunch.  It would be Fresh Frut Cup, Beef Wellington, and Boeren Jongens Sundae.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery
Western wildfires
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU
Cruising Along’s cousin with kidney transplant difficulties
DurangoScots shelter manager in hospital (but out of ICU}
Cruising-along’s friend with breakthrough Covid
bennybear DSIL infection
JazzyV recovering from eye surgery
Ger_77's friend facing mastectomy
From the rotation:
Sharon’s mother
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers
A Live Thread from Lisa
Welcome home kplady
Good eye report on Jazzyv
Good oncology report on Sharon’s mom
St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip
Denise on her wilderness adventure
Pain relief for Summer Slope’s shingles
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, everyone.

I was fortunate to know two beautiful grandmothers and all four beautiful great grandmothers.  Vanilla ice cream is great.  It is so versatile.  And, yes, it will be hot enough for me today.  Low 80s forecast.

I will pull the tilapia out of the freezer to make tonight's dinner.   It looks and sounds good.  https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/74169/hudsons-baked-tilapia-with-dill-sauce/

1572701232_Hudsonsbakedtilapiawithdillsauce.jpg.db35c4e8fc17d74ebf6a1009553ad6dd.jpg

Have a great day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Happy Friday to all you gorgeous grandma’s!  Vanilla is my favorite so I don’t mind if I do. I’m not sure I’d ask that to our western friends lately.  The quote is good advice.  I tend to not eat Talapia although I might try the recipe with sole.  Haven’t been to Alicante and eagerly await the photos. Prayers to all of you on our prayer list and cheers to our Dailyites celebrating a happy event today! 💫

• Like 20

Happy Friday.  I'll tell my DGS about his gorgeous Grandma.  LOL  I love Vanilla Ice Cream the best.  And it's going to be 100 today so it's hot enough, thank you.  Will print and save the meal, it looks and sounds fantastic.  Have not been to today's port, looking forward to the photo's.  Would love to be on the Nieuw Statendam at Half Moon Cay today.  Love that place.  And today is my birthday!

Prayers and virtual hugs to our care list. Toasts🍹to our shout outs.

Please stay safe, continue to social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Black Russian:

The Black Russian is a cocktail of vodka and coffee liqueur. It contains two parts vodka to one part coffee liqueur, per IBA specified ingredients. Traditionally, the drink is made by pouring the vodka over ice cubes or cracked ice in an old-fashioned glass, followed by the coffee liqueur. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 1 2/3 oz (5 parts) Vodka, 2/3 oz (2 parts) Coffee liqueur
Preparation: Pour the ingredients into an old fashioned glass filled with ice cubes. Stir gently.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Drinkware: Old Fashioned glass

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 7.28.53 AM.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Happy Friday.  I'll tell my DGS about his gorgeous Grandma.  LOL  I love Vanilla Ice Cream the best.  And it's going to be 100 today so it's hot enough, thank you.  Will print and save the meal, it looks and sounds fantastic.  Have not been to today's port, looking forward to the photo's.  Would love to be on the Nieuw Statendam at Half Moon Cay today.  Love that place.  And today is my birthday!

Prayers and virtual hugs to our care list. Toasts🍹to our shout outs.

Please stay safe, continue to social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Black Russian:

The Black Russian is a cocktail of vodka and coffee liqueur. It contains two parts vodka to one part coffee liqueur, per IBA specified ingredients. Traditionally, the drink is made by pouring the vodka over ice cubes or cracked ice in an old-fashioned glass, followed by the coffee liqueur. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 1 2/3 oz (5 parts) Vodka, 2/3 oz (2 parts) Coffee liqueur
Preparation: Pour the ingredients into an old fashioned glass filled with ice cubes. Stir gently.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Drinkware: Old Fashioned glass

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 7.28.53 AM.png

Happy Birthday @summer slope!!!!!

Roy

• Like 17

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our TGIF smile 🙂 

All grandmas are gorgeous 🙂 Vanilla ice cream is always great - especially with strawberries.  It’s certainly been Hot Enough for Ya weather.  Seems applicable it is on a Friday this year 😉 

B7AF6F86-A768-4A77-A2C9-00C1A42BA598.jpeg.f5a98120c239a181dc9b489bb2fea39a.jpeg

I get a kick out of people here complaining about the heat after they were looking forward to it and the end of winter:

9702AD14-26EB-4F24-85AE-1D4C3F058E99.png.ac46bda4d27df21225333237dd73e9d3.png

Love the quote by Levenson.  There’s no point in just watching the clock you can’t get that time back.

B98136A8-E353-40B2-8CA8-25E18850FA8B.thumb.jpeg.8cfca5dc5e86592764911a5699011479.jpeg

Yum on Tilapia and that white wine sounds intriguing.  Looking forward to the description.

Thanks all for the tips on fighting the squirrels from eating car engine wires.

Alicante is a wonderful spot and one of our favourite Spanish ports.  Wish HAL stopped there more often.  It’s been a while since we were there so I will have to digging for pics. 

Prayers for everyone on the Care List & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great TGIF everyone!!!!!

4C8B37FA-F72E-4C47-B86D-00B2A54881ED.thumb.jpeg.7f5b8804a13676b6c0464497f5c0b1c7.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 29
  • Haha 5

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily. The ice cream sounds good today becaue, here in S. Florida, it will definitely be hot.

We don't eat farmed fish so we will pass on the Tilapia. Roy's alternative sounds wonderful.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by jimgev
  • Like 16

Good  morning  and  thanks  for  the  Daily, Rich.  Thank  you  for  our  lists, Roy,our  laughs  from  Jacqui  and  the  recipes  from  the  famous  food  and beverage  department. The  recipe  sounds  perfect  for  today. Dill  sauce  is  a  favorite  around  here.

I  had  two  beautiful  grandmothers  who  lived  locally. I  could  get  on  a  bus as  a  kid  and  go  visit  either  one. I  think  of  them  so  much  now  that  I  am  in  their  age  range  and  I  still  miss  them. My DGK's  live  5  hours  away and  I  miss  the  day  to  day  of  their  lives.

Vanilla  ice  cream  is  my  favorite  so  I  will  certainly  celebrate  its'  day. It  will  be  cooler  today  here so  we  won't  have  to  ask  the  "hot  enough?" question.

Miss Camilla remains  in  the  NICU  for  now and  is  making  some  progress  in  feeding. Her  lowered  heart  rate  continues  to  be  a  problem  and  seems  to  happen  every  48  hours  or  so. My  niece ,the  Gorgeous  Grandma is  able  to  visit  her  every  day and  says  she is  more  responsive  to  the  nurses    and  her  mom. Her  hair  is  positively  long! I  will  send  an  updated  picture  later.

Take  care  everyone.    Terry

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from central Texas where it has reached that time of summer when it is more than hot enough for me.  It will be 96F today and beginning Monday, we will see triple digits most days.  I'll get out early this morning to mow the yard, then spend the rest of the day inside.

I remember both my gorgeous grandmother's. We lived within walking distance of both after my father's parents moved into town from the farm.  I miss them. 

Chocolate is my preferred ice cream, but vanilla with chocolate syrup is good too, it is also good with pie and cake.

I like Sam Levenson's quote.

Since I don't care for tilapia, I'll skip the meal along with the drink and the wine.

@summer slopeHAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🥂🍵🎈

We have been to Alicante, but not on a ship..  We spent the night there on our land trip before our 9-25-01 inaugural TA on Golden Princess from Barcelona.

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 20

Happy Fry-Day, as Jacqui pointed out to us.  It will be 90F here today so that's hot enough for me!  I'll let my grandkids know it's Gorgeous Grandma Day and a salute to all the gorgeous grandmas here.  The tilapia sounds good, an excellent quote for today.  Thanks for the lists today Roy, and to all others who post here.  

Happy Birthday @summer slope!  Today is my DMIL's 95th birthday.  I hope she is having an awake day so that we can try to talk by phone.  We sent flowers and so did her grandkids and great grandkids.  Someone will have to read her birthday cards to her since she can't see well anymore.  But she keeps chugging along, God bless her.

We love the port of Alicante, Spain and have seen it 3 times.  We first visited it in 2012 on the Crown Princess.  A favorite spot to visit is the Castillo de Santa Barbara on the top of the hill.  You can't miss it.  The first time we walked up the hill.  Our second visit was on the Westerdam in 2017 and we tried going up in the elevator they have but it was having technical problems so we passed.  The third visit was on the Prinsendam in 2019, and we did take the elevator that day.  Here's a photo of us at the top in 2012.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLlPHstLHPuyRrygvbo-q7p?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I'll find some good shots from all three visits and post them ASAP.  We have a busy morning planned so I have to hurry to get everything in today.  

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 31

A 2017 photo, when we couldn't get up there, but you can see the fortress at the top of the hill behind me.  Also Alicante is known for those beautiful mosaic type walkways.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCjj9wUqevwCfX-99TrU8L?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCrLPxQ_yZuWnBFnwnisis?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

In 2019, a view of the beach as we headed to the fortress elevator.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0svKtflR4gqxnIbV8kWc3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Entrance to the elevator.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK3f5ecKvunflMq_Wnenu68?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Also in 2019 a view of the Prinsendam with a fortress cannon.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ09RkHWI8veMc6ziwtAZBa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

View of the city from the top of the hillside.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLS4JMoolRpRfb21abnGo6S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGkIetlfZAek-0gQIDcOt3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSvuWRcH0PlWS3STHS8doP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYxxy14pCdAYhLx2oPlfXm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We love visiting Alicante and are always happy to have it on the itinerary.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhExO8mLNntGo1VZ7p5gWV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLMAx9BOERIrZM6TgCSp8ab?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKqbgcYV1Iw7gJDoavEli39?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIU8gdS-GHLei84BxdkuntK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI7ZxlHrqF9TIfoJUgAvhS3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0ZDKKtLckUBg1bsdVTkON?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I hope to be back there in the future.  Always hopeful!!

• Like 33