Another Change to Tauck's Vaccination Policy

Roz

A few days ago I posted about the email I received stating that Tauck European river cruise travelers had to either be fully vaccinated OR have a negative PCR test within 72 hrs. of boarding.  That's changed, and now only fully vaccinated passengers will be allowed to board:

Dear Tauck Travel Advisor,

We have an important travel update to share from our river cruise and train partners, Scylla and Golden Eagle Luxury Trains.

Due to the continued impact and uncertainties surrounding COVID, our river cruise partner Scylla and Golden Eagle Luxury Trains are requiring all Tauck guests to be fully vaccinated for passage onboard all Tauck European river cruises and aboard Golden Eagle Luxury Trains’ Danube Express featured on A Grand Rail Adventure: Milan, the Alps & Vienna. We are in the process of notifying your clients you have booked with us about this new travel requirement through their electronic personal travel documents and/or a change notification email but wanted you to be the first to know. 

To avoid disruptions at the start of their journey, your vaccinated clients will need to bring with them a CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, indicating that they are fully vaccinated and received the final required dose at least 14 days prior to the start of their trip. Some countries may have additional requirements beyond the vaccination so we recommend they visit www.tauck.com/entry or reference their electronic personal travel documents for the most up-to-date requirements.

If your clients are unvaccinated, they can always choose to transfer to another Tauck trip operating in 2021 or 2022. We are excited to be operating most of our North America and European land journeys this summer and fall. You can find updated information for all of our available trips here.

Thank you again for choosing Tauck for your clients’ travel plans. With all the uncertainties surrounding travel today, please know that guest care remains our highest priority. We appreciate our partners’ commitment to keeping our guests’ best interests in mind, including implementing health and safety protocols that ensure their peace of mind. We look forward to making your clients’ travel dreams come true.

Sincerely,

The Team at Tauck

Edited by Roz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Roz said:

Due to the continued impact and uncertainties surrounding COVID, our river cruise partner Scylla and Golden Eagle Luxury Trains are requiring all Tauck guests to be fully vaccinated for passage onboard all Tauck European river cruises and aboard Golden Eagle Luxury Trains’ Danube Express featured on A Grand Rail Adventure: Milan, the Alps & Vienna.

Roz,

Thank you for posting this, I am very happy to hear it.

Do you know whether covid test will still be required prior to boarding?

Thanks

Bob

• Like 2

Sorry, I realize now that this was a dopey question, the testing requirements are set by the country that you are traveling in, not by Tauck.

I answered my own question by following the link in your posted message.

Bob

• Haha 1

This would presumably doom the Tauck Bridges family tours, since only children 12 and older can be vaccinated now.  We are booked for a Rhine family cruise in 2022, including 3 kids under 12.  Have to hope vax for younger children will be available then.  

1 hour ago, bluestocking7 said:

This would presumably doom the Tauck Bridges family tours, since only children 12 and older can be vaccinated now.  We are booked for a Rhine family cruise in 2022, including 3 kids under 12.  Have to hope vax for younger children will be available then.  

I hope they have access to the vaccine before this winter!

• Like 1

@bluestocking7, I didn't even think about kids.  Programs like Tauck's Bridges or Uniworld's Generations cruises are probably a no go if a number of the booked family groups have kiddos under 12.  What a shame.

47 minutes ago, Roz said:

@bluestocking7, I didn't even think about kids.  Programs like Tauck's Bridges or Uniworld's Generations cruises are probably a no go if a number of the booked family groups have kiddos under 12.  What a shame.

Though not just river cruises. Princess this summer isn't allowing anyone not vaccinated (at least in Alaska). Families have had their cruises cancelled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Though not just river cruises. Princess this summer isn't allowing anyone not vaccinated (at least in Alaska). Families have had their cruises cancelled.

Canadians have another problem with the big ship cruises...we were told to get first vaccines available, and that it would be ok to mix.  Because the CDC does not recognise mixing doses, they will not be able to cruise.  I think some Europeans are in the same boat (sorry).

This has made me worry about the river cruise ships that request vaccinations.  If it's ok in some European countries will it be accepted?