Closet space.

Posted (edited)

Tight? Miserable? Inadequate? Thoughtless? I am sure AI have other words for it.  Maybe if all you have no long dresses and only short shirts etc and you are only one person you are ok.  Families? Good luck.

1553C4D1-2E92-49B9-A5F5-C5326951D35E.jpeg

Edited by cruisestitch

How about close to non-existent?

On our upcoming Edge cruise, my friend and I decided on separate cabins (thank you Celebrity for the solo promo) so we don't have to deal with the lack of closet space.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rcsignore said:

The closet space on the Edge seems a bit tight.  Any comments

Adequate closet space for two peoples clothes. Are you going to be able to have 3 inches of space between each hanger? No, But you'll have enough room for you clothes. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

To us for 2 people it was much more adequate than on Silhouette. There was more drawers which we like to use for clothes that do not need to be hanged.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Tight? Miserable? Inadequate? Thoughtless? I am sure AI have other words for it.  Maybe if all you have no long dresses and only short shirts etc and you are only one person you are ok.  Families? Good luck.

1553C4D1-2E92-49B9-A5F5-C5326951D35E.jpeg

I fail to see how in this photo there's not enough closet space. You have more hangers with no clothes on them than with.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I fail to see how in this photo there's not enough closet space. You have more hangers with no clothes on them than with.

Agree, I don’t get it..

We found the hanging closet space to be sadly lacking.  Drawer space was adequate.  There is far more closet & storage space on the S class ships than E class.

• Like 3

I hadn’t finished unpacking when I thought to take the picture.  There’s no sense saying pack less.  It’s a vacation and time to wear what I want.  My dresses are long and so are my tops.  The closet was not “modern luxury”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Are there overheads as on Solstice class?  That's our go to storage for those ships.

Unfortunately, there are no overheads on Edge.

For people saying the closet is big enough, consider that not everyone goes on 7 night cruises.  We have 21 days on a ship in January - luckily M class rather than Edge class. 

Also consider that not everyone sails 2 to a cabin.  For years we sailed with our son.  Cramming 3 people's clothes in that closet would take creativity for sure.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Unfortunately, there are no overheads on Edge.

I've read a lot of posts saying they are a dumb design and too hard to get to.  We always take cubes with us and store more in them than conventional drawers.  Easy to get to and we're not tall by any stretch.  They should have them on all ships.

More than adequate for two of us for 7 nights and we did not pack lightly. The shelving to the right of the closet works well in addition to the drawer space. Compared to the photo above, we probably had 3-4x more hanging items than pictured with a little extra space to spare. Drawer space is more usable than S class. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Are there overheads as on Solstice class?  That's our go to storage for those ships.

There's other storage shelf areas and drawers that compensate for the lack of over the bed storage. There's three small drawers in the closet;there's a three drawer dresser, and spaces above and below the niche for the coral sculpture opens for additional shelf storage.  

I found the chest of drawers were a nice size where I could put DH polo shirts... I had no trouble with the closet... but I do not pack a lot of options... perhaps 2 dresses to choose from for 'formal' night. But I have moved towards cocktail length. I am tired of overpacking... so I do a lot of mix and match... using ankle slacks and capris pants with various tunic tops...so I can create multiple looks with fewer items. The hidden storage in the side area near the closet..held several pairs of shoes. There is a drawer under the sink in the bathroom. We did one of the inaugural sailings of 7 days. Now for a longer 11-12 day cruise... it might be tight or if the ship sailed Alaska or other cold weather itinerary...where sweaters and jackets are involved.

I found the closet space inadequate and as the pictures show doesn't work if you have dresses and gowns (which I don't but can tell from suite jackets not fitting well).   Seems like plenty of shelf space for folded clothing.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Do suites have much more storage?  Not an option for everyone, I know.

The Royal and CS definitely do have more closet space.    In the RS I often use the closet near the front door and leave the one in the bedroom to Iain. 

I have not sailed in a SS so can't answer for them.   The small closets i was referring to was in a AQ on Summit after refurb.   They had two Yoga Mats that took up a major portion of the closet and we eventually put it on top of the closet. 

23 hours ago, zitsky said:

Do suites have much more storage?  Not an option for everyone, I know.

I can only answer for Sky Suites on Edge snd Equinox.  We found more usable space on Equinox.  I thought Edge was ok, but barely.  I found little use for the half bar meant for shirts and tops and pants, I assume.  But my husband’s shirts crumpled on the floor of the closet, as did the majority of my tops and ALL of our pants.

I wish that thing could be folded up to the wall.  As it is, it just takes up space, and obstructs usable space, IMO.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

You are absolutely right that the bar, fixed in place as it is, really limits the functionality of the space.

My thoughts exactly.  Could not figure out why it was fixed instead of having hinges so it could fold up to give more flexibility for space.

• Like 1