WTL Cabin Question

Wanted to book an aft balcony.  Either a 3B or 5D on Liberty or Anventure. A few of these available this year but everything I've checked for 2022 is WTL.  Is it normal for these cabins to be held until later?  If so, how soon before sailing do these normally get released?  Wanted to take advantage of the double point offer.  Thanks

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Pineapple Princess said:

Wanted to book an aft balcony.  Either a 3B or 5D on Liberty or Anventure. A few of these available this year but everything I've checked for 2022 is WTL.  Is it normal for these cabins to be held until later?  If so, how soon before sailing do these normally get released?  Wanted to take advantage of the double point offer.  Thanks

You do know to find these cabins now you have to book them with 3 or 4  passengers. If you only try to find them for 2 people they will not show up as available.

I found one available for 3 people on Liberty of the Seas  June 19th 2022............Deck 7 cabin 7408...............it has the largest Balcony on the entire ship, and that even includes the Suites. The Category is 5D. Cabin 7408

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You do know to find these cabins now you have to book them with 3 or 4  passengers. If you only try to find them for 2 people they will not show up as available.

I found one available for 3 people on Liberty of the Seas  June 19th 2022............Deck 7 cabin 7408...............it has the largest Balcony on the entire ship, and that even includes the Suites. The Category is 5D. Cabin 7408

Always a good idea to keep checking...the policy you stated above can and does vary.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Always a good idea to keep checking...the policy you stated above can and does vary.

True but you would have to call Royal directly and hopefully get a agent there that may put it through for you with just 2 passengers.

Closer to the sailing date then they may allow just 2 passengers to book it online... but at this time a year an half away no way(chance) without calling.

***Book the cabin you want now with 3 people and just before final payment take off the 3rd person on the reservation. Chances are slim they would take the cabin away from you with only 90 days to go before the sailing. If I was in your position and you really wanted the aft cabin on the sailing you really want, I would do it that way.

Edited by Jimbo

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

True but you would have to call Royal directly and hopefully get a agent there that may put it through for you with just 2 passengers.

Closer to the sailing date then they may allow just 2 passengers to book it online... but at this time a year an half away no way(chance) without calling.

***Book the cabin you want now with 3 people and just before final payment take off the 3rd person on the reservation. Chances are slim they would take teh cabin away from you with only 90 days to go before the sailing. If I was in your position and you really wanted the aft cabin on the sailing you really want, I would do it that way.

If it was that important to me to have a specific cabin I agree...book it for three.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

In past went on wait list for Corner/Aft multiple times. Cabin's were released and available/open for anyone and they didnt let me know TWICE! I ended up grabbing them myself on Royal Website as didnt want take chance someone else grab them

• Like 1

Strongly suggest calling RCL. The one time I was able to book an aft balcony I did it via a phone rep who told me what I ended to do to get it booked. The cabin was totally worth it. 

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

….

***Book the cabin you want now with 3 people and just before final payment take off the 3rd person on the reservation. Chances are slim they would take the cabin away from you with only 90 days to go before the sailing. If I was in your position and you really wanted the aft cabin on the sailing you really want, I would do it that way.

When you drop someone before final payment wouldn’t they reprice it at the current rate?

46 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

When you drop someone before final payment wouldn’t they reprice it at the current rate?

Who knows now...They absolutely could reprice it and move you to a cabin for two. You just have no way of being sure they won't decide to do this.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Before final payment the chances are extremely good that you will get moved to a different cabin that is meant for 2 guests.

OP…If you want the cabin and are prepared to pay the 3rd guest fare then go for it but do not expect to be able to remove the third guest and get to keep the cabin. When the 3rd guest is a no show you will get back the taxes and fees.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yes but only because you are going to be made to move to a different category.  If you had 4 guests and dropped the 4th it would not be repriced.

Our corner aft reservations are for 2. However, a few years ago, I was booked into one with my Mom and sister. My sister cancelled right before final payment, and I was told it was a cabin for 3 and they changed our cabin! I was upset and ended up changing categories to a different room. The kicker???? Within a couple of weeks someone showed up on our roll call bragging about getting our exact corner aft cabin. And THERE WERE ONLY 2 in their party!!! I had booked online RCCL. We now only book through our RCCL vacation planner.