If cruise cancelled

If Celebrity cancels your cruise that you have paid in full,  I understand that they give you 125% of the original cruise cost for a future cruise.  But, what happens with your airfare if you have booked through Celebrity Air? Tried to call celebrity today to verify, but unable to get through.  Thank you!

when ours was cancelled, they rebooked us on similar itinerary at no cost--125% would not have been enough to cover the new one.  Very good of them.  Additionally, fully refunded our air and we then rebooked it on the new one.  Refund was very quick.

My experience on cancelled cruises that Flights By Celebrity processed the request with the airlines and in my case Singapore Airlines refunded the complete Air Fare even though it was a non-refundable discounted business class fare.    It took about 6 weeks.

Flights by Celebrity explained it is up to the airlines but they would work with me.   They said some airlines for a non-refundable would only offer a flight credit valid for one year from reservation date.   This was at the height of the pandemic and all flights to Singapore were cancelled.

Posted (edited)

For my May 2020 cruise that was cancelled (Final payment had been made)...Flights were booked with Celebrity Air.  We had First Class that were non-refundable but when the cruise shutdown happened, I called Celebrity Air and they said they were booked as refundable (I wasn't about to argue that one) and full refunds would go back to the credit cards.  That did eventually happen after 5 months (you don't want to know how many times I called)...especially since they initially said it would only take 1 credit card billing cycle. I was initially told to call the airline (American) in the beginning so I did and was told Celebrity was refunded immediately after cancellation...when I told that to those at Celebrity, I don't think they appreciated I knew that.   I knew I would eventually get refunded but it was the point and always having to call.   I know people had longer wait times with Air, FCC and refunds and there were thousands of us in the same situation and there are worse things people had to deal with but just sharing my experience.   I am sure (I'd like to hope) that it would be quicker now for any future cancellations that may come along. 

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl