Florida goes to the Supreme Court

2 hours ago, coldflame said:

Why change now... they are sailing, crews are trained... protocols established and passengers have a fairly good idea of what to expect... and know things will change... No way they would want to change at this point... especially with Delta... they are actually being more conservative with the new testing requirements.... I only expect push back when things settle down... but that could take months.

• Like 3

The fact that cruise lines are following CDC protocols even after Florida win, could be they might be locked into pre-suit test sailings and restart schedules. Changing these schedules now won't necessarily result in a faster restart, given the length of time it takes ships to get ready for service.

Add to that the number of times the ruling on the case has changed -- was it three times since June? I don't believe the case is completely closed. At this point the cruise lines may not want to venture too far from CDC guidelines as they could ultimately end up under their direction again. 

The good news is that some analysts have said that the court ruling lessens the likelihood the CDC would shut down cruise operations again and this is good for stock prices which have been slowly going up. This also helps for future funding, if the need arises. 

Hoping the industry comes back not too unscathed!  🤞 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

The fact that cruise lines are following CDC protocols even after Florida win, could be they might be locked into pre-suit test sailings and restart schedules. Changing these schedules now won't necessarily result in a faster restart, given the length of time it takes ships to get ready for service.

Add to that the number of times the ruling on the case has changed -- was it three times since June? I don't believe the case is completely closed. At this point the cruise lines may not want to venture too far from CDC guidelines as they could ultimately end up under their direction again. 

The good news is that some analysts have said that the court ruling lessens the likelihood the CDC would shut down cruise operations again and this is good for stock prices which have been slowly going up. This also helps for future funding, if the need arises. 

Hoping the industry comes back not too unscathed!  🤞 

Check your stock price today.

48 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Check your stock price today.

The general trend has been upward since the lockdown low - of course there are dips here and there as like today, however today the S & P is down in general and so are a bunch of other stocks.  Come next week stock will be back up.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

The general trend has been upward since the lockdown low - of course there are dips here and there as like today, however today the S & P is down in general and so are a bunch of other stocks.  Come next week stock will be back up.  

So far today the S&P is down .41%, the Dow is down .41%, NASDAQ is down .67%, and RCL is down 4%. If you didn't notice, there is no decimal point in the last one.

If you are so sure the stock will go up, I'm sure you are buying on the down tick.

Next week RCL will announce earnings, if they are higher than the experts predict, the stock will go up. If lower the stock will go down, time will tell.

17 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

So far today the S&P is down .41%, the Dow is down .41%, NASDAQ is down .67%, and RCL is down 4%. If you didn't notice, there is no decimal point in the last one.

If you are so sure the stock will go up, I'm sure you are buying on the down tick.

Next week RCL will announce earnings, if they are higher than the experts predict, the stock will go up. If lower the stock will go down, time will tell.

The stock has been down by a higher percentage on any one day and has gone right back up.  Compared to the historical low in 2020 the stock is way up and will continue to go up if consumers have confidence in the cruise lines’ health and safety protocols.  Looks like they have been able to handle a few covid cases without much ado thus far. 

37 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Trying to say the stock price is an indicator of anything about the court cases or COVID is a demonstration of being really, really naïve. 

Heaven forbid judges making decisions based on the price of a stock..if so we have much bigger issues...  They might as well poll test decisions...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

The stock has been down by a higher percentage on any one day and has gone right back up.  Compared to the historical low in 2020 the stock is way up and will continue to go up if consumers have confidence in the cruise lines’ health and safety protocols.  Looks like they have been able to handle a few covid cases without much ado thus far. 

Since you mentioned the historical low stock price of 2020, I would be remised if I didn’t mention the historical high in 2019. Today’s close is almost $60 per share below that. Also, the dividend of $3.12, per annum is long gone. When you take in that and the $5,000,000,000 in debt, it will be years, if ever, before things get back to the old normal. That’s if the virus is ever eradicated.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Since you mentioned the historical low stock price of 2020, I would be remised if I didn’t mention the historical high in 2019. Today’s close is almost $60 per share below that. Also, the dividend of $3.12, per annum is long gone. When you take in that and the $5,000,000,000 in debt, it will be years, if ever, before things get back to the old normal. That’s if the virus is ever eradicated.

Thanks for the lecture. I beg to differ and I'm still way above water. Pun intended.  🐳

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Thanks for the lecture. I beg to differ and I'm still way above water. Pun intended.  🐳

It wasn't meant as a lecture, it was my way of explaining my thoughts on the subject. I did it with mostly facts, mot just opinions or what I wanted to happen. There are some people who get something in their head and nothing could change it facts or otherwise. I couldn't care less if you were above water, water level, or 50 feet below.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

It wasn't meant as a lecture, it was my way of explaining my thoughts on the subject. I did it with mostly facts, mot just opinions or what I wanted to happen. There are some people who get something in their head and nothing could change it facts or otherwise. I couldn't care less if you were above water, water level, or 50 feet below.

True — there are people who have certain beliefs — either optimistic or pessimistic as it relates to anything — in this case stock values. Facts are there for each case.  I will leave it at that.  

Fundamental rule about stock pricing, all of the “known” facts are reflected in the current price.  

Personally, I am afraid that the cruise lines are being pushed to being out of business thanks to governmental policies and decisions all over the world.  

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Don't forget the fairly sizeable dilution as well. Not just debt. In all, I'm very surprised the market has reacted so positively to all of this. I guess RCI should count its blessings we're amidst the most irrational bull market in at least a generation. Normally that level of indebtedness and dilution would have this stock trading at substantial (75% plus) discount.

Back on the subject of lawsuits and the cruise industry, it looks like Florida wants to move the NCL vaccine passport lawsuit from South Florida to Tampa.  NCL is fighting this.  The judge will decide the venue on Friday according to this article. 

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2021/08/02/state-cruise-line-fight-over-site-vaccine-passport-challenge/

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Back on the subject of lawsuits and the cruise industry, it looks like Florida wants to move the NCL vaccine passport lawsuit from South Florida to Tampa.  NCL is fighting this.  The judge will decide the venue on Friday according to this article. 

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2021/08/02/state-cruise-line-fight-over-site-vaccine-passport-challenge/

Yep.  We "had" an entire thread "NCL Motions to (Consolidate) etc."  Now gone.  It's not a consolidation of cases, rather a change in venue as you note.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Yep.  We "had" an entire thread "NCL Motions to (Consolidate) etc."  Now gone.  It's not a consolidation of cases, rather a change in venue as you note.

We'll know on Friday whether it is Tampa or Miami.  

On 7/31/2021 at 9:36 AM, xpcdoojk said:

Fundamental rule about stock pricing, all of the “known” facts are reflected in the current price.  

Personally, I am afraid that the cruise lines are being pushed to being out of business thanks to governmental policies and decisions all over the world.  

Sometimes I feel like these governments care more about keeping people healthy than about stock values.  Those b*astards. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zekekelso said:

Sometimes I feel like these governments care more about keeping people healthy than about stock values.  Those b*astards. 

Sure, they do that is why they have people packed in baseball parks this weekend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

Does it matter where the location is? Color me naive.

NCL wants Miami because that's where their corporate headquarters are.  NCL also argues that Fl wants to move the case to Tampa due to Judge Merryday's favorable past decision in Fl's favor.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1