Two COVID cases based on Testing Today On Serenity

PaulMCO

Posted (edited)

The letter below is pretty self explanatory.  Two persons tested positive today on Serenity.  Those that were associated via contact tracing were also put in quarantine but are free to travel home.

!cid_E03A96A4-26FE-4DF0-A506-67129514E91A.jpg

Edited by PaulMCO

• PaulMCO changed the title to Two COVID cases based on Testing Today On Serenity
Posted (edited)

I wish I knew what tours they were on. Some of those vans and shuttles had some tight seating. 

Edited by bonnieg
  • Like 1

If you were wearing your contact tracing bracelet  you would be notified if you were in proximity to them 

if you are on ship now you were tested today 

37 minutes ago, bonnieg said:

I wish I knew what tours they were on. Some of those vans and shuttles had some tight seating. 

Can you elaborate? My understanding is that they allowed for social distancing and required masks on all transport.

3 minutes ago, moggyhill said:

We came back from the swimming with the pigs tour and we’re packed into the return bus tighter than sardines.  Absolutely no social distancing!

Bus was 1 x 2 across with a jump sheet in the aisle.  Packed like sardines the jump seats were used. 

Each passenger is is required to wear a bracelet that has a transponder that reports position and who you have been within near distance.  Passengers are required to wear this outside their staterooms and off ship.  

There is little enforcement with respect to bracelets or even masks on tenders. Most people are compliant but there are always a few for whom rules don’t apply

but the cleaning protocols on the ship are exemplary 

No way to know if the vehicles used for tours were disinfected. I was constantly using hand sanitizer. No social distancing on any tour vehicle

I wonder about the beach club on Bimini 

no way to know what was happening there 

20 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Bus was 1 x 2 across with a jump sheet in the aisle.  Packed like sardines the jump seats were used. 

Each passenger is is required to wear a bracelet that has a transponder that reports position and who you have been within near distance.  Passengers are required to wear this outside their staterooms and off ship.  

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you have had on your cruise.

Thank you for sharing your honest observations.

I was skeptical when I found out that Crystal did not have the contact tracing devices for the first 2 cruises. 

And doubly skeptical after reading people say they would not use them and would not mask. Or demanded that butlers remove their masks.

What Crystal is selling is not what you receive.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bitob said:

There is little enforcement with respect to bracelets or even masks on tenders. Most people are compliant but there are always a few for whom rules don’t apply

No way to know if the vehicles used for tours were disinfected. I was constantly using hand sanitizer. No social distancing on any tour vehicle

Thank you for your honesty.

4 minutes ago, bitob said:

Sad that there are always a few selfish individuals who think the protocols don't apply to them and then make it more difficult and maybe dangerous for the rest.

21 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

I hope they make  them extra small. My will get lost in the ocean or pool.

I have been on board 2 weeks. To me the ship is a bubble 

I feel very safe on board 

I really doubt the 2 affected individuals got the virus on board the ship 

off the ship, however, there are no controls

we cannot know where folks went off ship or what they did 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

I hope they make  them extra small. My will get lost in the ocean or pool.

Yes and you should not cruise Crystal if you do not take Thi seriously.  You take them off if you swim or shower.  

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bitob said:

Thanks. Better to know what we are walking in to.

We will reconsider shore excursions. Probably book our own private excursions and drivers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sierrafloridacruiser said:

So the test they took was the end of the cruise to fly back to the US?

Yes 

everyone tested today 

those staying on board another week also tested 

1 minute ago, broker1217 said:

Thanks. Better to know what we are walking in to.

We will reconsider shore excursions. Probably book our own private excursions and drivers.

Not possible. There is no tour infrastructure here. No private guides 

you can hire a taxi driver on Nassau but that’s about it

28 minutes ago, bitob said:

Not possible. There is no tour infrastructure here. No private guides 

you can hire a taxi driver on Nassau but that’s about it

Hmm. So our choice is to stay on the ship as Keith did, or cancel. Not great options.

1 hour ago, bitob said:

I have been on board 2 weeks. To me the ship is a bubble 

I feel very safe on board

But it’s not a closed bubble and thus pretty much ineffective - that’s the challenge - you’ve got many people going ashore and mixing with locals - and then returning onboard and mixing with other passengers in their “bubble”

• Like 4

Would like to know the results of a non rapid test as a follow up.   We all know there is a chance of of fast positive with a rapid test.  Also we need to consider the incubation period.  I was on a packed bus yesterday so the odds of me testing positive today if I was in contact with the person is slim. Again the people who tested positive could have had a contact before the trip. As the CDC guidelines say if you have been vaccinated and come in contact with someone who is positive you do not need to quarantine.  Crystal is going above and beyond with the protocols and hats off to them.  It's a gamble no matter how safe you are. If your traveling during this time you should know the risk.   Safe travels to all going home   

• Like 5