Carnival Legend - Vista or Grand Suite?

I'm undecided between a vista or grand suite on the Carnival Legend ship in November of 2022 out of Baltimore. Looking for a bit of guidance on the pros and cons of both? Maybe major differences? I've read over some of the clear ones, like the balcony, but a little confused about decks with the vista suite? I have the option between deck 4,5 and 6, with the others being sold out. Any insight on the suites would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much! 

P.S. what's the overhang on the balconies all about? 

Posted (edited)

Vista if you want a huge balcony, grand if you want more interior space

Vista has a weird layout due to being in the corner of the ship. I have one booked on the pride for September, I wanted a large balcony and the grand just wasn't worth the extra money with the smaller outdoor area. Note that Vistas only sleep 3, while I believe grands sleep 4

Edited by pogoism9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have stayed in Vista suites on the Spirit and Miracle- sister ships to the Legend. The view from the aft is worth more to us than the larger interior of a Grand suite! The price is much better, as well. We always get a Vista View on deck 4. It has a separate bedroom, 2 tv’s, a jetted tub, a huge closet and vanity area, and 7 floor to ceiling windows. Deck 4 has a larger overhang which gives more protection from the sun, rain, and anything falling from above. The balcony railing has less of a slant to it which makes for a bit more useable space too. Definitely go online to look for videos of the Vista suites on YouTube. Different floors have different configurations. Not all floors have the separate bedroom which we prefer. There is more vibration on the back of the ship- most notable when docking. That doesn’t bother us at all, but some might be sensitive to that. Deck 4 had a laundromat by the Vista suites that came in handy a couple of times. There is less foot traffic all the way at the back of the ship too. We love the Vista suites so much, that we have 2 of them booked for the future. Good luck deciding!

As far as I'm concerned - there are only two cabins we'll book on a Spirit class ship: 4228 and 4237.

This is dated (literally!), but still one of our fondest memories in one of those cabins:

230553912srdOEy_fs-XL.jpg

Tom

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

As far as I'm concerned - there are only two cabins we'll book on a Spirit class ship: 4228 and 4237.

This is dated (literally!), but still one of our fondest memories in one of those cabins:

230553912srdOEy_fs-XL.jpg

Tom

Agree that deck 4 vista suites are the best.  We have been in them several times and they never disappoint!

I booked deck 8, heard some good, heard some bad for it. I could sleep in the middle of a cattle stampede, so any potential noise isn't a bother to me

On 7/24/2021 at 5:13 PM, RoperDK said:

Agree that deck 4 vista suites are the best.  We have been in them several times and they never disappoint!

Best cabin I have ever sailed in, mainly because of the balcony. That being said...we were in Alaska which was cold and the heat did not reach to the back of the ship seemed like. We were cold the entire trip while in our cabin.

17 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Best cabin I have ever sailed in, mainly because of the balcony. That being said...we were in Alaska which was cold and the heat did not reach to the back of the ship seemed like. We were cold the entire trip while in our cabin.

Our only Alaska cruise was on Princess, but we were lucky enough to snag vista suite 4228 on both Hawaii and Panama Canal cruises. Heavenly!