Jump to content

The Daily for Saturday July 24, 2021


Recommended Posts

Good morning everyone and Happy Saturday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 
 

Bon Voyage ⛴ to everyone sailing today on the Nieuw Amsterdam!  So exciting!
 

It is a very rainy morning here and looks like it will probably rain most of the day. Not a thunderstorm type rain but a steady one and cooler. Another unusual summer day for us. 
 

I have so many cousins on my mother’s side that I don’t even know them all.  Most still live in Eastern Colorado too. I’ve reconnected with some through FB. When I was young we got together often, usually out in the country at one of the aunts or uncles farm house. Almost all were cowboys. 


 @smitty34877 sorry that Little Miss Camilla has to stay in the hospital. Praying for her!  And also praying for Tana. It must be really hard on her with all the ups and downs. 
 

Take care everyone and have a great day!

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Sorry, I seem to have missed if there is going to be a sail away today and if there are web cam cameras we can watch. 🙏 

I believe the sailaway is "scheduled" for 4PM local time (7PM Eastern), and there are a couple of webcam links (none very good) listed in Lisa's live thread.

 

Roy

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enough with watching endless reruns of Mighty Cruise Ships.  It’s time for some real virtual cruising. ( Oh,there is a real oxymoron).  Looking forward to any Live on Boards, blogs and YouTubes 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Second attempt at posting. Cyberspace ate my last one. 
 

Thanks Rich and all who contribute. The winds have changed and we are socked in with smoke from the bootleg wildfire not far away. The smoke has hidden the sun and we do not even have shadows. At least the moon was beautiful last night as the smoke came in. Bright red and full. 

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is so wonderful to wish "Bon Voyage" to all the ecstatic cruisers aboard MS Nieuw Amsterdam.  Just where I will be exactly 4 weeks from today!!

 

I had company a good portion of this week, so fell behind in reading, posting, and wishing those celebrating the best.  Those on the care list remain in my prayers.  Thanks to all for keeping up this wonderful place - the lists, the F&B gurus, and the host of those who share such friendly camaraderie. I am still reading past posts to try to catch up

 

My friend was visiting was from Denver and we were sweating how she was going to drive back.  Another consequence of wildfires is the threat of rain in the 'burn scars.'  Because of one of last year's fires, Glenwood Canyon on Interstate 70 has been closed intermittently all summer.  Now there is a major closure with a mudslide into the Colorado River, with unknown possible damage to the roadway.  She was able to sneak through during a short period of the road being open.  The detour is anywhere from 4-8 hours of additional driving time.  Somehow getting through the Rocky Mountains in Colorado isn't easy with such limited roads across the state!

 

The meal for today is a recipe I have saved.  Will consider for company.  Any cabernet with any sort of Mondavi/Charles Krug link usually is good.  Today's is quite pricey, though!

 

Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone.

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning!

Just a quick hello before we head to the Children’s Museum with the boys. But I had to share our cousin’s post this morning on FB. So far the treatment for her transplanted kidney is working!! Here’s what she said:

 

“Just signed out of Emory Hospital! My dad and I are headed to lunch, then back to Savannah. The medication treatment is currently helping with the inflammation of my kidney, so no surgery as of now. Everything will be rechecked in about two weeks. Surgery is still a possibility, but as of now it will be the last resort.”

 

And also like everyone else I’m thrilled we have a BHB sailing today! So thankful for Lisa’s Live From. 😀

 

  • Like 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning!

Just a quick hello before we head to the Children’s Museum with the boys. But I had to share our cousin’s post this morning on FB. So far the treatment for her transplanted kidney is working!! Here’s what she said:

 

“Just signed out of Emory Hospital! My dad and I are headed to lunch, then back to Savannah. The medication treatment is currently helping with the inflammation of my kidney, so no surgery as of now. Everything will be rechecked in about two weeks. Surgery is still a possibility, but as of now it will be the last resort.”

 

And also like everyone else I’m thrilled we have a BHB sailing today! So thankful for Lisa’s Live From. 😀

 


This is wonderful!

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

Enough with watching endless reruns of Mighty Cruise Ships.  It’s time for some real virtual cruising. ( Oh,there is a real oxymoron).  Looking forward to any Live on Boards, blogs and YouTubes 

 

LAFFNVEGAS has a LIVE thread on the HAL board.  She always does great live thread 👍 

 

40 minutes ago, lindaler said:

The winds have changed and we are socked in with smoke from the bootleg wildfire not far away. The smoke has hidden the sun and we do not even have shadows. 

 

That’s awful 😔 Sorry to hear it 😢 

 

34 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

 

My friend was visiting was from Denver and we were sweating how she was going to drive back.  Another consequence of wildfires is the threat of rain in the 'burn scars.'  Because of one of last year's fires, Glenwood Canyon on Interstate 70 has been closed intermittently all summer.  Now there is a major closure with a mudslide into the Colorado River, with unknown possible damage to the roadway.  She was able to sneak through during a short period of the road being open.  The detour is anywhere from 4-8 hours of additional driving time.  Somehow getting through the Rocky Mountains in Colorado isn't easy with such limited roads across the state!

 

Wow 😱 So glad to hear your friend was able to get safely home 👍 

 

11 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

 

“Just signed out of Emory Hospital! My dad and I are headed to lunch, then back to Savannah. The medication treatment is currently helping with the inflammation of my kidney, so no surgery as of now. Everything will be rechecked in about two weeks. Surgery is still a possibility, but as of now it will be the last resort.”

 

Great news from your cousin 👍 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning!

Just a quick hello before we head to the Children’s Museum with the boys. But I had to share our cousin’s post this morning on FB. So far the treatment for her transplanted kidney is working!! Here’s what she said:

 

“Just signed out of Emory Hospital! My dad and I are headed to lunch, then back to Savannah. The medication treatment is currently helping with the inflammation of my kidney, so no surgery as of now. Everything will be rechecked in about two weeks. Surgery is still a possibility, but as of now it will be the last resort.”

 

And also like everyone else I’m thrilled we have a BHB sailing today! So thankful for Lisa’s Live From. 😀

 

Wonderful news, Carolyn!    God bless your cousin.

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are subscribed to Face Book Seth Wayne’s Brand Ambassador had a stream from the Show Room of the Nieuw Amsterdam and the it was full with crew members having a pep rally! 
 

The crew is definitely pumped up and ready.

 

Seth Wayne is also doing a live from Nieuw Amsterdam right now at 2:20 Eastern time.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

If you are subscribed to Face Book Seth Wayne’s Brand Ambassador had a stream from the Show Room of the Nieuw Amsterdam and the it was full with crew members having a pep rally! 
 

The crew is definitely pumped up and ready.

 

Seth Wayne is also doing a live from Nieuw Amsterdam right now at 2:20 Eastern time.

Just caught a little of the livestream. Arnold Donald was boarding although I thought he was going on Princess. Maybe just a welcome and then disembarking? It was fun to watch. Not going to lie, I shed a tear of happiness for all of them.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  I just watched Seth Wayne's Facebook Live post.  You could just feel the excitement from the crew waiting for the first guests to arrive.  I'm so happy they've got their employment back so they can help their families at home, and for those who will be sailing, knowing they will be well cared for.

 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Just caught a little of the livestream. Arnold Donald was boarding although I thought he was going on Princess. Maybe just a welcome and then disembarking? It was fun to watch. Not going to lie, I shed a tear of happiness for all of them.

You can rewatch the live on Seth FB page.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

If you are subscribed to Face Book Seth Wayne’s Brand Ambassador had a stream from the Show Room of the Nieuw Amsterdam and the it was full with crew members having a pep rally! 
 

The crew is definitely pumped up and ready.

 

Seth Wayne is also doing a live from Nieuw Amsterdam right now at 2:20 Eastern time.

Awesome.  Thanks 🙂 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I believe the sailaway is "scheduled" for 4PM local time (7PM Eastern), and there are a couple of webcam links (none very good) listed in Lisa's live thread.

 

Roy

Thank you.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning!

Just a quick hello before we head to the Children’s Museum with the boys. But I had to share our cousin’s post this morning on FB. So far the treatment for her transplanted kidney is working!! Here’s what she said:

 

“Just signed out of Emory Hospital! My dad and I are headed to lunch, then back to Savannah. The medication treatment is currently helping with the inflammation of my kidney, so no surgery as of now. Everything will be rechecked in about two weeks. Surgery is still a possibility, but as of now it will be the last resort.”

 

And also like everyone else I’m thrilled we have a BHB sailing today! So thankful for Lisa’s Live From. 😀

 

 

That's great news on Cousins Day.  Great news any day...

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mamaofami said:

I just watched the live Facebook shots of the ribbon cutting and the first guests getting onboard.Really brought tears to my eyes. So exciting.

Me too.  It was wonderful to see.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

I just watched the live Facebook shots of the ribbon cutting and the first guests getting onboard.Really brought tears to my eyes. So exciting.

 

5 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Me too.  It was wonderful to see.

 

Watched it too!  Loved seeing the crew so happy 🙂 

 

And even recognized a few - masks or not 🙂 

 

I think everyone on that sailing is going to be treated very well 👍 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

 

We are getting a light rain this morning.  It is needed at this point, but hopefully will clear up.  A salute to Amelia Earhart and my cousins!   I liked to be a cowgirl when I was little.  I remember I had the whole Annie Oakley outfit:  hat, vest, fringed skirt, boots, holster and six shooters.  My mom would fix my hair in braided pigtails and I was set to go!  I also had a Queen for a Day outfit, but that is another day.

 

 

'How would you! like to be Queen for a Day?  I used to watch that. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...