EDGE July 24, 2021 LIVE (B2B)

KKB

1 minute ago, KKB said:

Last evening an email went to all boarding passengers that everyone would be tested at the port. 
VERY last minute—I suspect due to last minute cases from Friday.

We are embarking on Sunday for the Equinox. I was told this am by the retreat concierge that they would not be testing at the port. I would like to know if testing is being done for newly embarking fully vaccinated guests.

20 minutes ago, marienbad said:

Was told by retreat concierge that they were not going to test at the port for vaccinated guests. I assume you have been fully vaccinated and they did test you at the port. Please confirm that is so.

We had been told that as well, but all that changed yesterday because of the new cases. All passengers will be tested at the port. I think the only exception is if you show up with a PCR test result for a test that was administered within 48 hours of sailing. You do not have to pay for the test at the pier.

• Like 1

My email says I WILL be tested Sunday, tomorrow, prior to boarding.  I'm choosing to believe that since, in my lengthy experience of receiving bad information from X employees verbally, info from on-high at X takes a long time trickle down to the front line.  I think you might still be want to be prepared mentally for a test.

Edited by goofysmom99

5 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

My email says I WILL be tested Sunday prior to boarding.  I'm choosing to believe that since, in my lengthy experience of receiving bad information from X employees verbally, info from on-high at X takes a long time trickle down to the front line.  I think you might still be want to be prepared mentally for a test.

Strange I have not gotten an email 

36 minutes ago, marienbad said:

Was told by retreat concierge that they were not going to test at the port for vaccinated guests. I assume you have been fully vaccinated and they did test you at the port. Please confirm that is so.

@marienbad can you let us know who the Retreat Concierge  was and also if they only have one or two?

Thanks,

Jim

16 minutes ago, marienbad said:

I spoke with Edwin who checked with Tanji from the Edge and Alicia from the Equinox.

Is Tanji shoreside because I was just on the Edge on the 7/17 sailing and I don’t remember that name…

Also ship and shoreside are unfortunately not on the same page…on our sailing we got several emails saying everyone had to test to get off in St. Maarten…it was even on the Celebrity website on their chart about different home port protocols. We didn’t feel like worrying about testing at that point so we canceled our excursion for that day and had decided to stay on board…Midway through the cruise I thought it was odd that we didn’t get notification about testing since we could of explored on our own…I went to Amber one on retreat concierges and she never heard anything about it…and no one on board did..we showed them our emails and website and within an hour the website had changed and the email turned out to be an error.

I haven’t seen first hand reports ..what has happened with new passengers boarding today?

ALL PASSENGERS ARE BEING TESTED BEFORE BOARDING…per email from last evening.

Heard some found email in junk mail.

Things r a bit of a luster here in ship & at terminal (where my 76YO mother has been outside for an hour.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KKB said:

ALL PASSENGERS ARE BEING TESTED BEFORE BOARDING…per email from last evening.

Heard some found email in junk mail.

Things r a bit of a luster here in ship & at terminal (where my 76YO mother has been outside for an hour.

@KKB Sorry to hear about the difficulties boarding, but totally expected given the timing of implementing the new testing protocols. Are you allowed to wait with your mother or would that be viewed as a break in the boarding procedure?

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

Is Tanji shoreside because I was just on the Edge on the 7/17 sailing and I don’t remember that name…

Also ship and shoreside are unfortunately not on the same page…on our sailing we got several emails saying everyone had to test to get off in St. Maarten…it was even on the Celebrity website on their chart about different home port protocols. We didn’t feel like worrying about testing at that point so we canceled our excursion for that day and had decided to stay on board…Midway through the cruise I thought it was odd that we didn’t get notification about testing since we could of explored on our own…I went to Amber one on retreat concierges and she never heard anything about it…and no one on board did..we showed them our emails and website and within an hour the website had changed and the email turned out to be an error.

I haven’t seen first hand reports ..what has happened with new passengers boarding today?

36 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

@KKB Sorry to hear about the difficulties boarding, but totally expected given the timing of implementing the new testing protocols. Are you allowed to wait with your mother or would that be viewed as a break in the boarding procedure?

I could have…but thought since she had an early boarding time it was unnecessary.

Have been in constant contact w/ (others than about 30 min…I was a tad panicked—she was assisting a gentleman in line behind her)

She is under strict orders to let someone know if she cannot tolerate the heat/standing

• Like 1

OMG forgot to tell u about the late night crowd at Oceanview Bar (YES—the BUFFET bar😂)

Weds we went for pizza at like 1130…

A group of 6 or so was doing shots at the buffer bar. Said the bartenders looked bored so they came nightly…

Stopped for 2 shots with them Thursday…

Friends stopped last night & suposedly the crew was on their 13th shot😳

Could be Urban myth but who’s to say?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, KKB said:

Damn…

Mama in line 4 hours ago..

I’m 3 martinis..😳

KKB,

Did your mom end up asking for wheelchair assistance to board?  I know you were concerned about her possibly getting winded on the walk from the cab to actually board the ship.  If she did ask for wheelchair assistance I'm hoping she's sitting comfortably in a wheelchair waiting for her turn.

1 hour ago, jcpc said:

KKB,

Did your mom end up asking for wheelchair assistance to board?  I know you were concerned about her possibly getting winded on the walk from the cab to actually board the ship.  If she did ask for wheelchair assistance I'm hoping she's sitting comfortably in a wheelchair waiting for her turn.

No. She said it was fine.

I think she was proud of herself for surviving 4 hrs in today’s weather (she was in shade & they were giving out water bottles)

BBFF2C36-D5F0-43EE-9973-2D463D136D6C.jpeg

• Like 22