What cocktails do you recommend on Princess?

I personally enjoy the good spirits but if you're looking for a fun drink. The Vanilla Sky is one of my favorites. It's supposed to give you the feel of being in Tahiti. 

Screenshot_20210724-124112_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Also, while it's not on any Princess bar menu I've ever seen or most bar menus period, would I be safe in assuming that they'll make me a Tom Collins if I ask for one?

Of course they will. On one cruise I received a phone call from a fraternity brother from the 70s. The nostalgia made me remember the drinks we make up to take to football games in coolers. His favorite was a Velvet Hammer. I asked the bartender if he could make one. Turns out they've got a recipe book for oddball drinks - he found it, made it and it tasted just as bad as it did back in the day!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Our favorite bar onboard is Crooners.  Lovely bar to hang out with friends.  My cocktail is Dunes.  My husband loves the Chairman of the Board, but ask for the old recipe with Grey Goose, Bombay Sapphire and Cointreau.  Smooth as silk!

The Crooners' bartenders seem to be able to make anything you can think of.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BabsinTX said:

Our favorite bar onboard is Crooners.  Lovely bar to hang out with friends.  My cocktail is Dunes.  My husband loves the Chairman of the Board, but ask for the old recipe with Grey Goose, Bombay Sapphire and Cointreau.  Smooth as silk!

another vote for Dunes - my wife is a rum girl and that is her go to in Crooners for sure - and any other bar at night

I'll stick with a single malt scotch ...

• Like 2

My very favorite is an "authentic" Mai Tai. Apparently, there is one that Princess makes, then there is the real deal which they will make for you.

However, a Vanilla Sky looks yummy!

• Like 1

Here is the main drinks menu from our Sky Princess cruise in October 2019 - am fond of frozen cocktail myself!

dm1.thumb.jpg.c74730e45443394990aa4e8fae78b0e2.jpg

dm2.thumb.jpg.5115610e26796d786bbfbcb6905ba1f1.jpg

dm3.thumb.jpg.c36463d14dac9c3c7ab036a97909e368.jpg

dm4.thumb.jpg.825f4f8ff52d4977d534a3d247d3d30b.jpg

dm5.thumb.jpg.1cc535a49f10483f579e3addbd05b11f.jpg

dm7.thumb.jpg.8df8fb2edbb154c8ce444cf6c8fe6bd3.jpg

dm8.thumb.jpg.1e4964afc76b828068a9740a40d7319f.jpg

• Like 2

One of the wonderful things about drink packages is that you can try everything and if you don't like it then it didn't cost anything... and I intend trying everything. I wonder if that is even possible on a 14 night cruise?!?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I be safe in assuming that they'll make me a Tom Collins if I ask for one?

Sure! But you can make a Tom Collins at home easily. Cruising is the time let the bartenders earn their keep and taste some flavors you might not keep at home. Since you like gin, as I also do, try a Negroni for something dark and complex.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

24K Margarita!! I prefer frozen.

100% concur. If you are a margarita lover there are few any better and I prefer blended.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

24K Margarita!! I prefer frozen.

I'll sign that. But rocks - never frozen. BTW I actually liked the old glass more than their new glass (which is a classic margarita glass). New glass is hard to move without sipping around ... 😄

Edit: yes I know it's not glass but plastic. Anyway.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 1

There was a Smokey Margarita on the Royal when we cruised to Mexico that was really unusual.  It was served only at the aft bar.  

I really liked the cocktails at Good Spirits.  If you tried each of them over the course of the cruise you got a free T-shirt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BabsinTX said:

That sounds delicious