ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau, July 26, 2021

Scrapnana

After almost 22 months we will finally see a HAL ship in Juneau.  Nieuw Amsterdam will be at the AS dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port are Celebrity Millennium at the AJ dock from 1330-2200 and NG Sea Bird at the ICT dock from 0600-2300.

The weather forecast is for a partly cloudy day with a high of 67F/19C and a low of 53F/12C.  Sunrise is at 4:37 am and sunset at 9:30 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

With the abbreviated Alaska season, Nieuw Amsterdam will be arriving on Mondays for 10 weeks and will be the only HAL ship to visit Juneau, so our next view will be on Monday, August 2.

image.png

• Like 7

I have been looking at the Juneau webcam almost daily since March 2020!  Yesterday I saw the Royal Caribbean ship there as the first mainstream cruise ship in Juneau.  I was so happy to see it but will be especially happy to see the Nieuw Amsterdam on Monday!  I cruised on her twice to Alaska from Vancouver.

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
Added info

The next two ships I will be cruising on making their first visits to Juneau:

• Nieuw Amsterdam (20 days!)
  • Millennium (169 days)

I will be watching... working from home helps! 😄

Edited by Boytjie

Nieuw A just north west of Haida Gwaii (formerly Queen Charlotte) island still in Canadian waters. She'll be headed for Kake, AK on the northwest coast of Kupreanof Island in the Alexander Archipelago where she'll be picking up her two Southeast Alaska pilots who will stay onboard all the way until Ketchikan. Not a bad gig 🙂 

• Like 4

On 7/24/2021 at 9:25 PM, Scrapnana said:

After almost 22 months we will finally see a HAL ship in Juneau.  Nieuw Amsterdam will be at the AS dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port are Celebrity Millennium at the AJ dock from 1330-2200 and NG Sea Bird at the ICT dock from 0600-2300.

The weather forecast is for a partly cloudy day with a high of 67F/19C and a low of 53F/12C.  Sunrise is at 4:37 am and sunset at 9:30 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

With the abbreviated Alaska season, Nieuw Amsterdam will be arriving on Mondays for 10 weeks and will be the only HAL ship to visit Juneau, so our next view will be on Monday, August 2.

image.png

So, she'll be coming in 2:00 pm Pacific, or 5:00 pm Eastern., correct?

L.

• Like 1

Looks like Rainier (S221) from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration at the Coast Guard dock in Juneau. She is a "medium survey ship" (MSS) for the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey and has an ice hardened hull 

ship1199 | NOAA Ship RAINIER at anchor in Alaskan waters. Im… | Flickr

Edited by Copper10-8

15 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Nieuw A now northbound Stephens Passage having a race with the Greeks, Celebrity Millennium who is on her starboard side

And our Dam ship is in the lead. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 1