Sharing a Bottle of Wine?

We will be Mom and 3 siblings (all adults) in two cabins.  Two of the siblings bought the deluxe drink package, which also allows them a 40% discount on bottles of wine.  They will be able to *purchase* the occasional drink for the third sibling, (Mom is a teetotaler), and will only order drinks for themselves with their packages.  The question is:  If they purchase a bottle of wine at dinner, is it legal to pour a glass for the third sibling?

I don't see why not... If I am wrong others will chime in and correct me

You are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine (750ML) per cabin... you have to carry it on. 

Posted (edited)

I would not consider this to be sharing the drinks package. Getting a $13 drink other dp and then getting another and giving one would be sharing the dp .🙃

Edited by Hogbay
Typos

Keep in mind that with the new Covid rules, anytime you share a bottle of wine you have to pour the wine into each individual’s glass. No more wrapping the bottle in a paper bag and chugging back and forth. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

There is actually a new rule on Royal about this exact situation.

The rule states that if the third sibling ticked off either of the two other siblings in the 48 hours prior to boarding, for any reason, sharing of a bottle of 40% off wine is strictly prohibited.  Otherwise, go ahead and share away. 

It's always good to know the 'rules' when family travels together. 😉

• Haha 5

57 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

You can give her a drink or 2 off your package.

We have all done it...

You have and yes others have and now we all have to suffer .I didn't we were both D plus and DW was happy with drinks in the Dl ,Lemon drop and had three drinks on card . Now I do not buy a dp because I have to buy two . Thank you ...NOT 🥶

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

There is actually a new rule on Royal about this exact situation.

The rule states that if the third sibling ticked off either of the two other siblings in the 48 hours prior to boarding, for any reason, sharing of a bottle of 40% off wine is strictly prohibited.  Otherwise, go ahead and share away. 

It's always good to know the 'rules' when family travels together. 😉

Bs .There is no such rule , Royal knows that Jesus's said to shair the wine so it's  just not listed in the t&c but in the Good book .🙏😇

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Bs .There is no such rule , Royal knows that Jesus's said to shair the wine so it's  just not listed in the t&c but in the Good book .🙏😇

Jesus was not talking about on cruise ships. He never had to sail on one. 🚶‍♂️🌊

😉

Yes, if you purchase a bottle, you may do whatever you wish with it..  It's different with the unlimited drink packages...those drinks are for the package holder only.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

You have and yes others have and now we all have to suffer .I didn't we were both D plus and DW was happy with drinks in the Dl ,Lemon drop and had three drinks on card . Now I do not buy a dp because I have to buy two . Thank you ...NOT 🥶

The reason you have to buy 2 is because RC realized they can make a lot more money that way.

Especially when the majority of passengers still bought the package.

It is not because someone gave a drink away...

15 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

The reason you have to buy 2 is because RC realized they can make a lot more money that way.

I don't buy any more and like beer so after a OJ and a coffee that is only three beers for the rest of the day and night  I miss out . F&B on Radiance said it was indeed because of sharing. Who at Royal told you otherwise?

2 hours ago, matj2000 said:

No, they did it because almost EVERYONE was given drinks away.

It was common for 2 people to buy a single package and sharing every drink.  Heck, the bartenders would even give you two drinks on the one package.

But that is no longer the case.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Keep in mind that with the new Covid rules, anytime you share a bottle of wine you have to pour the wine into each individual’s glass. No more wrapping the bottle in a paper bag and chugging back and forth. 

I wasn't aware a paper bag was required  ... I feel so ashamed now

20190402_160553.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hogbay said:

He only had the water package, however,  which is much cheaper and only needs to be purchased by 1.

1 minute ago, maria1122 said:

We would never think of giving an underage a drink or glass of wine. 

Whom is under-age ? Best you read op again .