Blue Chip vs TA Pricing Already Booked

dazey

I booked a Bermuda cruise on Summit with my TA for Bermuda in May 20222 earlier this year.  Since that time I have had several contacts with Blue Chip offers and bookings and am wondering if it would be in bad taste or not even allowed to now contact Blue Chip to get pricing from them for the same Bermuda cruise.  Although I may not get the same cabin if I could save some $'s, it would be good.  Not sure if this is something allowed to do or not sure if I want to offend my TA by canceling with him.

Would appreciate knowing if anyone has ever done this and how it worked out.  The price the TA gave was and is still current pricing on Celebrity's website.

I wouldn't worry about offending a TA in this situation.   Sounds like you like the TA and would give them future business.  For a significant discount I'm sure the TA would understand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dazey said:

I booked a Bermuda cruise on Summit with my TA for Bermuda in May 20222 earlier this year.  Since that time I have had several contacts with Blue Chip offers and bookings and am wondering if it would be in bad taste or not even allowed to now contact Blue Chip to get pricing from them for the same Bermuda cruise.  Although I may not get the same cabin if I could save some $'s, it would be good.  Not sure if this is something allowed to do or not sure if I want to offend my TA by canceling with him.

Would appreciate knowing if anyone has ever done this and how it worked out.  The price the TA gave was and is still current pricing on Celebrity's website.

Calling BCC to inquire about pricing would not be in bad taste.  You may find that your TA is just as competitively priced as BCC.  If they are much lower, make sure your booking would include all the perks, as not all BCC bookings have them.

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I wouldn't worry about offending a TA in this situation.   Sounds like you like the TA and would give them future business.  For a significant discount I'm sure the TA would understand.

I agree   get the best deal you can

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2021 at 11:15 AM, dazey said:

Did you call?  A call costs nothing and would at least assure you that you left nothing 'on the table'.  It might not be nice to have to cancel with your TA but if the benefit was big then how could anyone fault you.

I have had free offers (complimentary rooms) mailed out to me in the past but never anything mentioning a discount option.  I had only once (couple years ago now) cold called them to ask about possible 'discount' on a specific cruise I had priced on the Celebrity website and their Blue Chip pricing ended up the same so no discount but I figured nothing ventured and I never called  to inquire again ... until this week.

Fast forward, I was looking at a 2023 Hawaii cruise that sails back to Vancouver and thought what the heck I'm going to call them again.  Well I ended up with more than 50% off what I priced... to this moment I am still dumb founded and needless to say I booked immediately.   The booking is the same as if done on my own with ALL IN and a cabin I selected (veranda) so it's no different except pricing.  Maybe they can do more for transpacific, or maybe 2023 is the charm, or maybe right now they have more liberty  ???

One never knows what they might be able to offer and as many others kept telling me, just call.  I think there are just too many variables in play for anyone to be able to tell you what, if anything, they could offer you.  Many calls may be for naught but one might be the gem.

Edited by poffles

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

Any particular gambling levels they're looking for before making a discounted offer?

Perhaps, I'm Amethyst.  Who knows how they do their magic 😉