SeaTac walk to hotel

We arrive at 10p & staying at Crown Plaza by the airport. Is it walkable & safe at that time of night? If not, is a taxi willing to take us such a short distance? Should we look at another hotel that may be closer? We will be in the hotel for a very short time as we leave the next day to board the Serenade. 

Thanks,

Nancy

I would say no hotel is walkable from the airport, because I don't recall sidewalks leaving the terminal area heading towards offsite.

Lots of hotels have shuttles that run as long as flights are coming or going.

On 7/25/2021 at 7:36 PM, CarelessAndConfused said:

Yes, I would consider it very walkable.  It's probably less than couple of hundred yards from the light rail station.  So if you follow the signs for the light rail, then exit the station, it's a pretty short walk north from there.

You are right, there is a pedestrian overcrossing for the light rail  station that leaves the airport property, right next to the Crowne Plaza.

On 7/25/2021 at 5:41 PM, batoryfirst said:

Shuttle would be great as long as they run that late. It could be 10:30p before we could meet one. 

I'd call the hotel and see how late the shuttle runs. I can't imagine that the hotel would stop the shuttle while flights were still coming in. But is walkable as noted by the PP.

You know as I think about it, having been to the majority of the major airports in the country, I can only think of two where you can actually walk from the airport to a nearby airport hotel.  So certainly it would seem natural that this normally couldn't be done.  I'm not counting a handful of airports that have hotels attached to or in the terminal itself.  Obviously, Seattle is one where you can and you can also do this in Phoenix using the airport tram to get to a few hotels you can walk to.

To address the safety issue, I've walked that stretch (and much more; never stayed in CP) in the afternoon and there really aren't any areas for vagabonds to congregate in unless they used the light rail station though I don't ever recall that happening. And there there is no foot traffic in the area ever so no incentive for anyone to want to panhandle there.  I would feel very comfortable walking it with the universal caveat that anything can happen at any time, especially further into the night.

On 7/27/2021 at 7:39 PM, CarelessAndConfused said:

I'm not counting a handful of airports that have hotels attached to or in the terminal itself. 

Way off topic of what the OP asked, but can I tell you how much I appreciate in terminal hotels? I've used them in DFW, O'Hare, Philly and Orlando and usually when I am on multi-city business trip. Sometimes the airport hotel is my third city/airport of the day and to just walk off the plane to the hotel and be in a room 15 minutes after deplaning is heaven.

• Like 2