Jump to content

John Heald walking tours of Mardi Gras on FB


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I had a feeling it would be a game changer for Carnival.   Currently have Halloween booked, a B2B next Aug/Sep and January of 2023 on the Celebration. 

Nice!  We have the MG in June 2022 and the Celebration May 2023 to the ABC islands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

5/20/23 ???  We'll be there!!

 

Tom

 

 

Yes.  Wife and I will be celebrating our Anniversary onboard.  That is great.  I was suppose to cruise with you on the MG for Thanksgiving but we changed it to June 2022.  Now, hope we cruise with you on the Celebration.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

 

That is a very versatile phrase, isn't it? My company is in a period of massive changes and so now we have a lot of situations where people are asking about specifics. Will this change too? Will that?  Often the answer is, for the foreseeable future, that is not happening. 

 

We all know what it means. It could change at any time and we haven't decided if or when.  However, I don't think the $15 price point is too much to lead to failure if the venues are good.

 

I agree, I just personally would rather Carnival charge the  $15-20 those this venues from the start as it doesn’t seem like this decision is set in stone and normally these places are a very reasonable  price and many people will be willing to go, especially since RCL has said their specialty restaurants have been overwhelmed since the restart due to pent up demand. In my mind this is long term going to cause confusion as if I booked in a year, all the vlogs, etc made in the next month, will be saying the restaurants are “free” when in reality Carnival themselves don’t have this decision fully committed to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tyro1 said:

I agree, I just personally would rather Carnival charge the  $15-20 those this venues from the start as it doesn’t seem like this decision is set in stone and normally these places are a very reasonable  price and many people will be willing to go, especially since RCL has said their specialty restaurants have been overwhelmed since the restart due to pent up demand. In my mind this is long term going to cause confusion as if I booked in a year, all the vlogs, etc made in the next month, will be saying the restaurants are “free” when in reality Carnival themselves don’t have this decision fully committed to. 

 

I, for one, am thrilled that they're opening up so many (pay) places as free initially - for purely selfish reasons: This means that it's likely that both Rudi's and the Steakhouse will not be busy!!

 

Tom

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tyro1 said:

I agree, I just personally would rather Carnival charge the  $15-20 those this venues from the start as it doesn’t seem like this decision is set in stone and normally these places are a very reasonable  price and many people will be willing to go, especially since RCL has said their specialty restaurants have been overwhelmed since the restart due to pent up demand. In my mind this is long term going to cause confusion as if I booked in a year, all the vlogs, etc made in the next month, will be saying the restaurants are “free” when in reality Carnival themselves don’t have this decision fully committed to. 

 I agree. I had already budgeted for the specialties and frankly I will be a little annoyed if I can't get in because they are overrun due to being free. But c'est la vie, and it's really only a little annoyance. As always there will be far too much great food at the usual joints anyway to even fit them all in. I am happy with the walk up options for all 3 meals, if it works out that way.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OMG some of the items available in the Shops for a limited time make me so jealous since i wont be sailing on her till they are all gone likely.  The limited edition Mardi Gras Invictus watch only 24 available, The Inaugural Coin set with both the original and new coins are both items i would jump on right away if i was on board.  Hopefully The Hull Jewelry collection will be around for a while.  What a clever idea making jewelry out of Steel from the construction of the Mardi Gras.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2021 at 6:48 AM, jperry2011 said:

Being from a small town where bbq is a restaurant pouring sweet baby Ray's all over some chicken I'm sure it'll be good to me.. lol a good beer or two will make it even better!

 

The blue ribbon chicken, smoked andouille sausage, and the collard greens with smoked turkey are very good IMO.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

OMG some of the items available in the Shops for a limited time make me so jealous since i wont be sailing on her till they are all gone likely.  The limited edition Mardi Gras Invictus watch only 24 available, The Inaugural Coin set with both the original and new coins are both items i would jump on right away if i was on board.  Hopefully The Hull Jewelry collection will be around for a while.  What a clever idea making jewelry out of Steel from the construction of the Mardi Gras.

I am 8-14 hopefully something is left to buy as the mugs are sold out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Online it says sold out from his post yesterday!

I'm guessing that they'd keep some on hand for shipboard sales. If that's enough to last a couple days, or a couple of sailings - there's no telling.

 

Tom

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

How many coffee bars do they need on a cruise ship?  I love coffee so all good but wow!  MG have a few great looking coffee bars.

 

Cheryl was wondering how many could make an iced DECAF coffee. I'm not a coffee fan but, if I was, I'd probably opt for full octane ! 

 

Is decaf an option (other than at the main place.. if anyone knows)?

 

Tom

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

How many coffee bars do they need on a cruise ship?  I love coffee so all good but wow!  MG have a few great looking coffee bars.

 

I may have missed this in the videos....other than Java Blue and Havana Bar (for coffee), what are the other coffee bars? I assume they are for an extra fee if you dont have Cheers? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, soulsistah007 said:

 

I may have missed this in the videos....other than Java Blue and Havana Bar (for coffee), what are the other coffee bars? I assume they are for an extra fee if you dont have Cheers? 

 

 

The other one is De La Rossa.  Also has a lot of indoor and outdoor seating  and a large smoking section as well.  


So Java, Havana, and De La Rossa.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

 

 

The other one is De La Rossa.  Also has a lot of indoor and outdoor seating  and a large smoking section as well.  


So Java, Havana, and De La Rossa.

Ah thank you! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

It would be nice if these videos were posted straight to youtube and not facebook. A lot of people have zero interest in facebook. 

 

A lot more action on FB but it would be nice to have it on YouTube.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

 

A lot more action on FB but it would be nice to have it on YouTube.  

 

Agreed - we've got some folks on our roll call which are missing all the updates, as they're not about to try FB.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

 

Agreed - we've got some folks on our roll call which are missing all the updates, as they're not about to try FB.

My niece who I am traveling with is not on FB, so i copy the link and email it to her so she can see some of the videos. I wonder could you do that and paste in the roll call?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, emm126 said:

My niece who I am traveling with is not on FB, so i copy the link and email it to her so she can see some of the videos. I wonder could you do that and paste in the roll call?

 

Oh - I assumed that one needed an account to watch FB videos!

 

Tom

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...