B2B cruises

2 minutes ago, cimarrongirl said:

I'm wondering if a B2B cruise is discounted in price?

Yes - you save traveling back and forth to the port. 

Seriously - no, there is no particular discount.  Some B2B's are sold as a single voyage for the same length as the B2B.  You should price-compare the two ways of doing it and see which is better for you.  Don't forget to include whatever benefits and OBC's you qualify for in each scenario as it is the net bottom-line that makes the difference.  I find if booking early it works to book separately. 

One more thing - if booking separately, best to make sure a suitable cabin is available for both legs so you don't have to move.

• Thanks 1

Got to agree with Steelers36, no particular discount. And, it can vary as to which is better, booking as a single journey (if you can) or doing it separate. For the most part we have found separate tends to be a little bit better.

Another advantage to separate bookings is if you use EZ-Air. Air bookings don't become available until 330 days before disembarkation. We've found that booking air right away almost always provides a significant savings over prices available later so ... with separate bookings your inbound air journey becomes available just that much sooner. And, it's easier to modify your flights if necessary as if both inbound and outbound flights are on the same booking, to modify one you must modify the other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

If you own CCL stock you will receive the shareholder benefit for both cruises.  

Right, but it would be advantageous if it were booked as one 14-day cruise rather than two 7-day cruises for shareholders. When I booked my b2b Alaskan cruises in 2019, I could not book my level of guarantee (Cat. IF) for the 14-day cruise. I would have had to book a higher category at a much higher price. So I rolled the dice and booked guarantees for each leg. It saved me a lot of money, and I ended up with a nice upgrade to an ocean-view cabin--the same for both legs.