Jump to content

First Alaska Cruise - Which ones go to Glacier Bay


amyben40
 Share

Recommended Posts

Glacier Bay is one thing we definitely want to see and I'm having trouble finding which ones go to Glacier Bay.  I read somewhere that Glacier Bay isn't always listed even when the ship goes there, but I don't want to make a mistake and miss it.

 

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If a cruise ship goes to Glacier Bay, it will definitely be listed on the itinerary. I know that for Princess ships doing round-trip cruises from Seattle next year, some go to Glacier Bay and some go to Endicott Arm/Dawes Glacier instead. The northbound and southbound cruises on Princess all go to Glacier Bay.

 

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, amyben40 said:

Sorry!  I posted a little too quickly.  Just found this schedule https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/glacier-bay-port-494?tab=schedule&month=2022-07#schedule

I would still check the cruise line site to make sure.  I was about to book the NCL Sun for May 2022 to get to Sitka, Icy Strait and Glacier Bay but after checking the NCL site directly the posted itinerary I wanted doesn't include Glacier Bay.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2021 at 6:29 AM, LEtue said:

I would still check the cruise line site to make sure.  I was about to book the NCL Sun for May 2022 to get to Sitka, Icy Strait and Glacier Bay but after checking the NCL site directly the posted itinerary I wanted doesn't include Glacier Bay.  

 

You have to look very carefully at the NCL Sun cruises to Alaska in May 2022...cause there IS one that goes to Glacier Bay...!  It's a 9-day roundtrip from Seattle.  (There's also a 9-day on the Sun out of Seattle that does NOT go to Glacier Bay...!)  

 

I know this cause we just booked the one that does visit Glacier Bay today...! 🙂 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The latest contracts for Glacier Bay were issued about October 2019 and were awarded to Princess, HAL, NCL, Cunard, Seaborn, Viking Ocean and RCCL.

 

If a specific cruise is visiting Glacier Bay it will be listed on the itinerary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

The latest contracts for Glacier Bay were issued about October 2019 and were awarded to Princess, HAL, NCL, Cunard, Seaborn, Viking Ocean and RCCL.

 

If a specific cruise is visiting Glacier Bay it will be listed on the itinerary.

Do you remember the breakdown on percentages given to the cruise lines? The prior contract had the huge bulk of the total permits issued going to Princess, HAL, and a lessor share to NCL, totaling 80% combined for those 3 cruise lines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Do you remember the breakdown on percentages given to the cruise lines? The prior contract had the huge bulk of the total permits issued going to Princess, HAL, and a lessor share to NCL, totaling 80% combined for those 3 cruise lines.

 

Negative, I haven't read the breakdown of the permits by cruise line for the new permits. Believe I recall reading that RCCL may have declined their share. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We just returned from a Princess cruise that did Glacier Bay. I have to admit we got lucky with the weather this time. It was clear and sunny but I would bet it was 38 degrees outside with the Glacier that close to the ship.DSC09145.thumb.JPG.8afd2eb4bb050c273482756bbf342f3a.JPG

Edited by vivian02
complete spelling of ship
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Another resource is http://*****.com

Under "Find A Bargain", click on "All Ports or Places to Visit", and select "Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve,AK

Click on "Show Me the Deals!"

Edited by milogurd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please note we are not allowed to name Travel Agents on this board.

6 minutes ago, milogurd said:

Another resource is http://*****.com

Under "Find A Bargain", click on "All Ports or Places to Visit", and select "Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve,AK

Click on "Show Me the Deals!"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...