Have any Uniworld cruises sailed yet?

PhD-iva

Tuesday will mark the 2-week period before my 10 August Highlights of Eastern Europe cruise is scheduled to embark in Budapest for a 10-day cruise to Bucharest. I’m trying to get a feeling for whether my cruise is destined to sail or not. Hungary still doesn’t accept US citizens, but perhaps that could change…… Or, perhaps Uniworld will reroute the embarkation city to a more welcoming location…..

Are Uniworld boats currently sailing? I read in several CC threads that they tend to quietly cancel cruises about 2 weeks before scheduled date….

Sigh.

The Uniworld cruises out of Venice are up and running and I saw a photo on FB of a Rhine river cruise (SS Antoinette) yesterday. Can´t say anything for sure about the Danube river but there´s a photo of the SS Marian Theresa being prepared for the season posted on July 9th on IG. The SS Bon Voyage is running in France.

steamboats

22 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Tuesday will mark the 2-week period before my 10 August Highlights of Eastern Europe cruise is scheduled to embark in Budapest for a 10-day cruise to Bucharest. I’m trying to get a feeling for whether my cruise is destined to sail or not. Hungary still doesn’t accept US citizens, but perhaps that could change…… Or, perhaps Uniworld will reroute the embarkation city to a more welcoming location…..

Are Uniworld boats currently sailing? I read in several CC threads that they tend to quietly cancel cruises about 2 weeks before scheduled date….

Sigh.

We're taking that cruise 2 weeks after you are.  Can you post here if you get any information from them?

Yesterday Uniworld changed my flights (wo notifying my TA or me). Today they alerted me that it’s probably too late to make modifications to my changed flights. Hopefully my excellent TA will be able to fix potential problems (too early to know if there are any). So, not impressed with Uniworld air.
Previously they had messed up my upgrade to biz class. They charged me to upgrade without identifying that the return flight was not upgraded. My TA had to battle it out with Uniworld and she got her hierarchy involved to go to battle for me. So, today is the second strike!

BTW, The flights are still to Budapest (not to Vienna w a bus ride to Budapest…..)

Starting to get excited!

• Like 1