Jade Athens - Pre Board and Trip Experiences

4 hours ago, bratts2go said:

We're booked for September 29th and on the brink of making the same decision.  Too many unknowns are piling up.

We made the decision a few days ago to postpone our Jade sailing as well. We were scheduled for middle of September. We're replaced it with a nearly identical sailing on the Jade a year out. While it is frustrating to wait another year for this cruise, I really am hopeful that the experience will be much better. When we factored in the significant cost of such a trip against the anxiety and hassles that doing the trip at this time would involve, cancelation seemed to best choice. I don't much fear getting COVID as we are vaccinated but the possibility of a false positive test or other disruptions coupled with the accommodations required by COVID (e.g. masks, potential impacts to shore excursions, etc) would have absolutely impacted on enjoyment level on the trip. 

Like most others on this forum, I'm disappointed that as much as I would like for this pandemic to be over - it does not appear to be so. Never did I imagine a year and a half ago when I canceled the first of many vacation attempts that we'd still be doing that now. I sure hope I am not typing a similar message next year at this time!

For those of you sailing, I wish you happiness and safe travels. Enjoy the trip a bit extra on behalf of people like me who are watching from the sidelines for a bit longer...

• Like 3