Need FCC guidance

goofysmom99

For all the cruises that X or I cancelled for the past 16 months, I only took FCC on one for a whopping $25.  Everything was refund eventually.  So I booked a cruise for this October on July 8th.  It's paid in full.  Price is now $1132 less for a solo.  I certainly don't want OBC.  As I read all the fine print on X's cruise with confidence, I should be able to cancel and receive a FCC.  Does that have to be applied to one cruise or can it be split?  Can I use it to rebook the same cruise at the lower fare and then use the remainder on an April booking?  Looks like everything falls within their cutoff dates.  Please advise.  This is all new territory for me.

The only issues you might have, is that it takes some time for the FCC to be created.  So if you cancel (We have an October cruise that went into final a couple of weeks ago) so I assume you will too.  If you rebook, and you're past final payment, you'd have to pay the whole thing within a day or two of booking.  I'm not sure they're able to create the FCC in time for that.

Also, I might be wrong on this, I think they give you FCC equal to the penalties and refund the rest.  If that's the case, then the FCC probably wouldn't pay off this cruise.

But if I'm wrong on the above, I believe you can split the FCC and use on a second cruise if you have left over.

Here is the Celebrity Cruise With Confidence link.  It says no penalty for cancellation.  Under the Best Offer Guarantee, a refund would be as OBC.   My cruise is only 5 days and already has $565 nonrefundable OBC.  No way I want more.  Guess cancellation is my only option and I'll have to cough up the new fare and move the entire FCC to an April booking.  I hate giving X that much money advance but overpaying $1132 is worse.

17 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Here is the Celebrity Cruise With Confidence link.  It says no penalty for cancellation.  Under the Best Offer Guarantee, a refund would be as OBC.   My cruise is only 5 days and already has $565 nonrefundable OBC.  No way I want more.  Guess cancellation is my only option and I'll have to cough up the new fare and move the entire FCC to an April booking.  I hate giving X that much money advance but overpaying $1132 is worse.

Hmmm, it does say 100% as FCC, so I guess you'd get that.  (I think Princess refunds penalties as FCC, rest in refund).  Unless you're planning to buy a mac computer or perhaps a couple of bottles of really good champagne, I totally understand your logic.

Celebrity's first shot at this was to send a new invoice showing an additional $1132 OBC.  Um, no.  Second call = changed to different cabin, then canceled.  Rebooked original cabin at the reduced fare and will apply the FCC, whenever it gets here, to something in 2022.