Contacting P&O non urgent

ccpm

After carefully studying details about Iona I have become more and more certain her sister ship Aviva is not for me just too big. I have to have a second hip replaced in September (earliest date they suggested after the one this year) and don't want to fly so I thought I would book on Ventura but she is on a long cruise which I don't think advisable so the rep at P&O persuaded me to Aviva's maiden voyage. After booking at release and after much subsequent thought and viewing youtube videos sadly no its just too big for me. So I want to move it, loose my deposit, not loose deposit whatever but if I could transfer without loss of deposit even better. However I have been trying to get through to P&O on the phone for 5 weeks now and no I am not going to wait a minimum of 1 hour to be connected. I have emailed just about everyone barring the Pope and the Queen, used the facebook page and now ask here. Even if I rebook something else and loose my deposit I still need to cancel my original booking. I would prefer to speak to someone not just write a letter. I booked direct so no TA. Is there a way forward anyone can suggest for this situation?   I know someone will say this is why you use a dedicated cruise TA but I did that once got horribly bitten and won't do it again, maybe doing the wrong thing but once bitten twice shy in my world.

All suggestions welcome and tried

thankyou

1 minute ago, ccpm said:

After carefully studying details about Iona I have become more and more certain her sister ship Aviva is not for me just too big. I have to have a second hip replaced in September (earliest date they suggested after the one this year) and don't want to fly so I thought I would book on Ventura but she is on a long cruise which I don't think advisable so the rep at P&O persuaded me to Aviva's maiden voyage. After booking at release and after much subsequent thought and viewing youtube videos sadly no its just too big for me. So I want to move it, loose my deposit, not loose deposit whatever but if I could transfer without loss of deposit even better. However I have been trying to get through to P&O on the phone for 5 weeks now and no I am not going to wait a minimum of 1 hour to be connected. I have emailed just about everyone barring the Pope and the Queen, used the facebook page and now ask here. Even if I rebook something else and loose my deposit I still need to cancel my original booking. I would prefer to speak to someone not just write a letter. I booked direct so no TA. Is there a way forward anyone can suggest for this situation?   I know someone will say this is why you use a dedicated cruise TA but I did that once got horribly bitten and won't do it again, maybe doing the wrong thing but once bitten twice shy in my world.

All suggestions welcome and tried

thankyou

Unfortunately I think the phone is your best hope. Ring the number, put the phone on speaker and do something else. Make sure you use a land line. I once used the mobile and ran up the bill quite quickly. Once you get through, I'm sure they will sort you out fine.

Thank you I agree the phone is my best hope. I no longer have a land line as I have the internet that no longer requires this and as everyone uses my mobile I gave the landline up. I accept that I will have to do as you suggest just keep trying but this is just so poor. I hear Covid every day as a "reason" for everything and I try to understand but it should not be this hard.

• Like 1

Actually I have thought some more and I am booking the other cruise (have actually done it) and at some point when  P&O deign to answer their phones or once the final balance is due I will cancel and just loose the deposit its only £300 (I had a suite). This site is great once you post you can get great advice or like this time I saw it written down and after a bit more thought Decided ......... you know what??????????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ccpm said:

Actually I have thought some more and I am booking the other cruise (have actually done it) and at some point when  P&O deign to answer their phones or once the final balance is due I will cancel and just loose the deposit its only £300 (I had a suite). This site is great once you post you can get great advice or like this time I saw it written down and after a bit more thought Decided ......... you know what??????????

Probably too late now, but could you have transferred your cruise to a reputable TA -not sure if tgat is possible - and then use them to make the necessary changes for you?

I know you had a bad experience with one TA,  but there are others out there that many on this forum use, precisely to avoid the problems you are experiencing.      

29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Probably too late now, but could you have transferred your cruise to a reputable TA -not sure if tgat is possible - and then use them to make the necessary changes for you?

I know you had a bad experience with one TA,  but there are others out there that many on this forum use, precisely to avoid the problems you are experiencing.      

It does seem strange that so many posters wax lyrical about the benefits of booking direct rather than with those wicked TAs, and then an equal number complain about not being able to contact P&O without massive inconvenience. And then there are the enlightened elite (that's you and me wowzz) who appreciate the benefits of a TA that values our business  and wants to keep us happy.

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

And then there are the enlightened elite (that's you and me wowzz) who appreciate the benefits of a TA that values our business  and wants to keep us happy.

Crikey, that's the first,  and will probably be the only time, I've been called "elite".

Your point is well made though - I see no benefit whatsoever in booking direct,  and reading these horror stories abiut waiting hours to talk to someone in P&O, I'm amazed anyone even considers booking direct. 

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Crikey, that's the first,  and will probably be the only time, I've been called "elite".

Your point is well made though - I see no benefit whatsoever in booking direct,  and reading these horror stories abiut waiting hours to talk to someone in P&O, I'm amazed anyone even considers booking direct. 

45% BLC discount on staycations.  Rude not to book direct.  Saved us over £700.  If any TA offers that level of discount, I will gladly book through them.

27 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

45% BLC discount on staycations.  Rude not to book direct.  Saved us over £700.  If any TA offers that level of discount, I will gladly book through them.

But surely the BLC discount is available however you book?

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But surely the BLC discount is available however you book?

Direct bookings only.  Some TA's may honour the BLC OBC for the non-staycations, but as far as I am aware non of them are matching the 45% price discount.

17 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Direct bookings only.  Some TA's may honour the BLC OBC for the non-staycations, but as far as I am aware non of them are matching the 45% price discount.

In which case I understand why you would book direct.

• Like 1

The BLC discount for Staycations/Seacations is a one off discount of varying size being offered for P&O/Cunard and Princess but only for direct bookings not through any other source.