Space next to room 7172 Radiance of the seas

Hi I was wondering what the area next to  Room 7172 on Radiance was used for? It looks like there may be some stairs there. I’m wondering if it was a viewing area

for the guests. Thanks

46 minutes ago, huckster* said:

Hi I was wondering what the area next to  Room 7172 on Radiance was used for? It looks like there may be some stairs there. I’m wondering if it was a viewing area

for the guests. Thanks

It is a crew stairway. No view. And although I have heard of passengers using it, it is for crew only. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, huckster* said:

for the guests. Thanks

Funny you should ask this question (and thanks for asking it). I was wondering the same, since we booked this cabin this past Saturday on Radiance for a 2021 Panama Canal cruise.

Thanks Coralc for the reply.

• Like 1

We have been in the #1100 (favorite aft cabin) a few times and #9256 on Radiance and can confirm it is a crew stairwell that has a large heavy door. I've never seen any guests use it as it's closed. Unfortunately it bangs quite loudly when some crew members allow it to...we actually had to complain about it at times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, wellsme1 said:

Funny you should ask this question (and thanks for asking it). I was wondering the same, since we booked this cabin this past Saturday on Radiance for a 2021 Panama Canal cruise.

Thanks Coralc for the reply.

Yeah, Great Cabin! Had the Cabin many times, though on Serenade's PC have 2022 in Aft/Corner #9256. There is Fire Door with Fire Escape Stairs behind it. Employees will use it Daily get between Floors.

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Thanks 1