U.S. won't lift travel restrictions, citing spike in Covid delta variant cases - July 26, 2021

Okay, so yesterday CDC announces the return to masking... well... just found this updated chart and we may.. just may have hit the peak... if the downward dip continues... will there be a change in view or will masking continue? Let's hope this is temporary policy change and that this dip is the beginning of an actual decline.

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 10.03.15 AM.png

1 hour ago, kearney said:

Okay, so yesterday CDC announces the return to masking... well... just found this updated chart and we may.. just may have hit the peak... if the downward dip continues... will there be a change in view or will masking continue? Let's hope this is temporary policy change and that this dip is the beginning of an actual decline.

I'll feel much better when I see all the states on this page green again.

Have we flattened the curve in Georgia? - Johns Hopkins (jhu.edu)

4 hours ago, kearney said:

We will continue to get peaks and valleys with this virus.  The peaks are lower and further between because of the combination of vaccine immunity and natural immunity.  The curve would flatline if vaccinations could  pick up their pace.  Unfortunately the vaccine-avoidance people are extending the pandemic, allowing more variants to emerge, and putting themselves and unvaccinated children under 12 at risk.  

I like the mandate of federal employees having to vax or test weekly BUT I am hoping that the vax testing is paid for by the employee.  I heard yesterday that the MGM resorts is doing exactly that.  AND if the employee pops positive on the test that they pay for, they are also required to do an UNPAID quarantine.

Sounds great to me.

M