Jump to content

Deja Vu all over again....EDGE sailing Eastern Caribbean in S2-8/17-8/24


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, jcpc said:

@graphicguy - There are quite a few postings regarding this 10% discount for Captain's Club Members (I'm a Zenith member so that tells you how much I love Celebrity!!! and the way you're going you'll be a Zenith member too!!!)  and completing the Best Price Guarantee Form.  I definitely benefited from this promo.  I got the first email regarding this in early July.  My Sept 4 Edge sailing was paid in full but I completed and submitted the Best Price Guarantee Form and subsequently have a $290 Non-Refundable OBC on my sailing.  Final payments were not made on my November 3 and November 8 Summit sailing so my travel agent was able to re-price them saving me over $800 on each sailing.  Not too bad.  Since your sailing date is very soon your TA may have to call Celebrity and intervene to make sure the OBC gets issued in time.  

 

It's great that you have such a good TA.  Mine is good BUT she doesn't proactively look for reductions in price after the initial booking.  I am constantly checking prices, promos, etc and when I find one that applies I get in touch with her and she immediately reduces price, etc. but I'm the one who has to notify her that there's been a price drop (not the other way around).  Years ago I did outside sales for a local travel agency and I was constantly checking prices for my clients' current bookings and reducing pricing as applicable.  But I guess those "good old days" are gone -- it's "every man for himself".

 

Good luck getting your OBC applied in a timely fashion.

Thanks!  I think some of these promos, particularly for a TA who reps ALL the lines, are difficult to keep up with….particularly, those that have such a short validity.

 

My TA acknowledged to me just a little bit ago that she was indeed swamped.  But, she was cc’d on the promo and best price guarantee email I sent to RCCL.com.

 

Seems that “Guarantee” sheet sent is the key to all of this.  I sent it.  RCCL has sent me a generic email stating they received the request.  I also sent a copy to my TA.  So, now everybody knows.

 

We’ll see how it plays out.  And, you’re right.  At this rate, I may reach Zenith within the year….LOL!!!!!!  Particularly given they are offering 8 pts/day for Retreat cruises.

 

I can’t even book a Jr Suite on RCCL or NCL at the rates Celebrity is offering for Retreat Sky Suites.

Edited by graphicguy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I can’t even book a Jr Suite on RCCL or NCL at the rates Celebrity is offering for Retreat Sky Suites.

Not all Celebrity sailings........On my cruise the sky suite $7K plus per person!!!!!!! UGHHH.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Equinox August 15. 

 

I see.  That's a 12 night cruise.  But still, that's high.  That said, Celebrity is making it (relatively) less expensive for solo cruisers these days.

 

I'm sure you'll have fun.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I see.  That's a 12 night cruise.  But still, that's high.  That said, Celebrity is making it (relatively) less expensive for solo cruisers these days.

 

I'm sure you'll have fun.

Oh yes I will!  I have been on the Equninox many times and it is still my favorite in the fleet, but the Edge is edging up on the favorite list now. 😁 And it's all Captain Kate's fault!!!!!😆

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks!  I think some of these promos, particularly for a TA who reps ALL the lines, are difficult to keep up with….particularly, those that have such a short validity.

 

My TA acknowledged to me just a little bit ago that she was indeed swamped.  But, she was cc’d on the promo and best price guarantee email I sent to RCCL.com.

 

Seems that “Guarantee” sheet sent is the key to all of this.  I sent it.  RCCL has sent me a generic email stating they received the request.  I also sent a copy to my TA.  So, now everybody knows.

 

We’ll see how it plays out.  And, you’re right.  At this rate, I may reach Zenith within the year….LOL!!!!!!  Particularly given they are offering 8 pts/day for Retreat cruises.

 

I can’t even book a Jr Suite on RCCL or NCL at the rates Celebrity is offering for Retreat Sky Suites.

You are aware, are you not, that you get double points for sailing solo?  Sometimes Celebrity forgets and you have to contact them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

You are aware, are you not, that you get double points for sailing solo?  Sometimes Celebrity forgets and you have to contact them.

Thanks!  Didn’t know.  Will contact them!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

You are aware, are you not, that you get double points for sailing solo?  Sometimes Celebrity forgets and you have to contact them.

 

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks!  Didn’t know.  Will contact them!!!!!!

So now, not only is your GF a hero for being a in health care, she's helping you get to Zenith in half the time by letting you go on all these solo cruises!! 😉

 

(The hero part was not a joke 🙏)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

 

So now, not only is your GF a hero for being a in health care, she's helping you get to Zenith in half the time by letting you go on all these solo cruises!! 😉

 

(The hero part was not a joke 🙏)

She saw your post and looked directly at me and says….”Yeah….what s/he said”!  She also said “thanks”, but she’s just doing her job.  Every once in a great while she is humble…not often….but sometimes….;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple of notes for information purpose, not to burst your bubble.   The 10% promo is only combinable with non refundable deposit rates.  Unfortunately if your promotion is not RETREAT NRD it won't be eligible.   I may be mistaken but I believe SINGLE RATE is a refundable fare which really makes no sense since you booked after final payment but that's what's currently being quoted.

 

Double Captains Club points.  You should already be getting double points as I think that was another promo active when you booked both of these cruises.  And no they don't double + double the points for Solo.    But you should definitely be getting double points for both of these sailings one way or another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

A couple of notes for information purpose, not to burst your bubble.   The 10% promo is only combinable with non refundable deposit rates.  Unfortunately if your promotion is not RETREAT NRD it won't be eligible.   I may be mistaken but I believe SINGLE RATE is a refundable fare which really makes no sense since you booked after final payment but that's what's currently being quoted.

 

Double Captains Club points.  You should already be getting double points as I think that was another promo active when you booked both of these cruises.  And no they don't double + double the points for Solo.    But you should definitely be getting double points for both of these sailings one way or another.

Thanks.  Interesting.  Just by the mere fact that I booked after final payment, my deposit was "non-refundable".  It just so happened to be for the entire fare.

 

 I'm already getting 8X points being in the Sky Suite.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just popped into me email just now.  The good news..."no masks" for vaccinated guests on board.  Children between the ages of 2 and 11 will need to have a negative COVID test, which Celebrity will cover at the pier.  Anyone over the age of 12 will also need to have a negative COVID test within 72 hours of embarkation.  That's up to the passenger to get.

 

All the rest is about the same, except for St Thomas, where they require masks to be worn, inside or outside.

 

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Edge® for your Caribbean sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we depart, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols. Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests. 

All guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. 

Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered. Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials as well as our Healthy Sail Panel. These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards.
US ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
 All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken with 3 days of travel.
 Be sure to save a copy on your phone and bring a printed copy. Name on test results must match those on government issued identification.
VACCINATION POLICY
Following CDC guidelines we will sail with all crew vaccinated and at least 95% of guests will be fully vaccinated. 
All guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.
Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination.
All unvaccinated children 6 months to 11 years old will require a complimentary Covid-19 test at the terminal. Registration is required prior to arrival at terminal. A link will be provided via email to the unvaccinated guest.
Guests that do not meet the testing and health screening policy requirements will be denied boarding.
WHILE ONBOARD
 Following CDC Guidelines, masks will not be required for vaccinated guests.
WHILE ASHORE
Shore excursion guidance listed by itinerary below. We will continue to monitor and evaluate and update as any changes to local requirements occur.

Unvaccinated guests and families with unvaccinated children may only go ashore if participating in an excursion provided by Celebrity Cruises.

Southern Caribbean:
 On your own tours are permitted in Aruba and Curacao.
 Celebrity curated tours are required in Barbados, St. Kitts & Nevis, Tortola and St. Lucia.

Eastern Caribbean:
 On your own tours are permitted in St. Croix, St. Maarten*, St. Thomas and Nassau.

*The local health authorities in St. Thomas have recommended that all guests, including fully vaccinated persons, wear a face mask while ashore and particularly while indoors.

*The St. Maarten government requires all unvaccinated guests age 10 and older, be tested 2 days prior to disembarking and visiting St. Maarten. Test will be provided onboard.

Western Caribbean:
 On your own tours are permitted in Nassau.
 Celebrity curated tours are required in Costa Maya, Cozumel and Roatan.
TRAVEL HOME
 Unvaccinated children are required to take a PCR test for Covid-19 prior to re-entry for voyages 4 nights or longer.
 Tests required for home country re-entry will also be administered onboard. Testing will be provided free of charge to our vaccinated guests prior to debarkation. Additional details and registration provided once onboard.
 
For more information to prepare for your cruise please visit
HEALTHY AT SEA.

Or call
North America: 1-800-280-3423
Outside North America: 001-316-554-5961.
 
 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks.  Interesting.  Just by the mere fact that I booked after final payment, my deposit was "non-refundable".  It just so happened to be for the entire fare.

 

 I'm already getting 8X points being in the Sky Suite.  

 

You should be getting 16 CC points per day.   8 x 2.  or 112 per 7 day cruise,  Zenith here you come.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks.  Interesting.  Just by the mere fact that I booked after final payment, my deposit was "non-refundable".  It just so happened to be for the entire fare.

 

 I'm already getting 8X points being in the Sky Suite.  

As a solo, you should be getting 16 points/night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

As a solo, you should be getting 16 points/night.

Thanks…gotta call the Customer Service line about the discounts for Captains Club.  I’ll ask them about the points.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't call the general number, call Captains Club number.   I don't think your rate is combinable with the Captains Club discount.   When I did a test booking to investigate using the 1 passenger it gives me that great solo rate but shows as refundable (no non-refundable option).  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2021 at 4:43 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Don't call the general number, call Captains Club number.   I don't think your rate is combinable with the Captains Club discount.   When I did a test booking to investigate using the 1 passenger it gives me that great solo rate but shows as refundable (no non-refundable option).  

Yeah...talked to them today.  You're right.  But, as I told them, I booked 3 weeks ago.  My fare, because of it is close to sale date, was non-refundable.  The Celebrity rep then said it was because I booked a refundable deposit.  As I informed her, my deposit was the entire cruise fare, which was totally NON-REFUNDABLE.

 

They aren't the only ones, but cruise lines like playing "sleight of hand" with fares and promotions.  This is just one case among many, that have happened to me a lot.

 

Good news, I finally.....FINALLY got my NCL refund for fares on cruises they cancelled in May/June.

 

And, have been checking status of flights all week.  Everything is holding steady.  Plus, it looks like there will be no mask requirements for vaccinate passengers.  Probably should start doing "cruise laundry" so I'm not up half the night on Friday while I pack.

 

Flight DL 1401

SAT, 14 AUG 2021

CVG ► FLL 

5 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE

ON TIME 

MANAGE COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADES

SEAT: 

12C

DEPART:  7:10 AM

*

ARRIVE:  9:34 AM

TERMINAL 2

DELTA COMFORT+® (W)

MEAL SERVICES : Snacks ,   Drinks

      

PASSENGER STATUS:  CONFIRMED

 

 

Flight DL 2164

SAT, 21 AUG 2021

FLL ► CVG 

12 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE

ON TIME 

MANAGE COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADES

SEAT: 

11D

DEPART:  11:56 AM

*

ARRIVE:  2:29 PM

DELTA COMFORT+® (W)

MEAL SERVICES : Snacks ,   Drinks

      

PASSENGER STATUS:  CONFIRMED

 

This is how this flight has performed recently.....

 

Flight has been on time or early for the last week.  Feeling good!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Lighthousepointdream15 said:

You may want to rethink your flight

Looking at weather predictions, it says there will be rain.  But, it will be breezy with the highs in the 80s.  70% chance of rain.  I’ve flown in worse….much worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks for the points updates.  Called the Capt’s Club line.  I will indeed get 112 points for this cruise.  Yee-haw!!!!!!

And you should have received double points for your last solo cruise as well.  If you didn't, they can still fix it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

And you should have received double points for your last solo cruise as well.  If you didn't, they can still fix it.

I did.  They fixed it.  Again, thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...