Deja Vu all over again....EDGE sailing Eastern Caribbean in S2-8/17-8/24

graphicguy

22 hours ago, graphicguy said:

And, have been checking status of flights all week.  Everything is holding steady.  Plus, it looks like there will be no mask requirements for vaccinate passengers.  Probably should start doing "cruise laundry" so I'm not up half the night on Friday while I pack.

I saw your calculations for your same day flight on your last cruise so I started tracking the flight that I would take for Sept 11th cruise.  I really wanted to fly in same day but have changed my mind.  In the past month my flight has been late 90% of the time.  On 2 occasions it diverted to Orlando but made to to FLL by 4pm but in the last week it has arrived around 5:30pm- this is a flight that is supposed to arrive by Noon.  It is a non stop and my only back ups are connecting flights that would arrive between 2 and 5pm if they were on time. Flying in on the 10th.

Looking forward to your blog again.

• Like 4

Southern Caribbean:
 On your own tours are permitted in Aruba and Curacao.
 Celebrity curated tours are required in Barbados, St. Kitts & Nevis, Tortola and St. Lucia.

I have a question:  Is the only way to visit Barbados, St. Kitts & Nevis, Tortola and St. Lucia is by doing a Celebrity curated tour?  One cannot hop off the ship and shop close by and then return to ship?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, txtechmk said:

Southern Caribbean:
 Celebrity curated tours are required in Barbados, St. Kitts & Nevis, Tortola and St. Lucia.

I have a question:  Is the only way to visit Barbados, St. Kitts & Nevis, Tortola and St. Lucia is by doing a Celebrity curated tour?  One cannot hop off the ship and shop close by and then return to ship?  

At the current time, that's correct, just as the text you have quoted says.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, txtechmk said:

Southern Caribbean:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I saw your calculations for your same day flight on your last cruise so I started tracking the flight that I would take for Sept 11th cruise.  I really wanted to fly in same day but have changed my mind.  In the past month my flight has been late 90% of the time.  On 2 occasions it diverted to Orlando but made to to FLL by 4pm but in the last week it has arrived around 5:30pm- this is a flight that is supposed to arrive by Noon.  It is a non stop and my only back ups are connecting flights that would arrive between 2 and 5pm if they were on time. Flying in on the 10th.

Looking forward to your blog again.

I concur with you.  If the on time arrival is anything below about 85% and there are no timely backup flights, I would schedule to be in the day before.

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We got our negative covid test results!!!  We’ll be on our way to disease ridden Florida tomorrow…hoping to avoid Fred!  Still lots more peril before we embark on the Magic Carpet…

As a Florida resident, i would say that's insulting......but it's true 😀

Have a great cruise ! Hopefully I will be on that Magic Carpet in September ! 

• Like 3

Just got my PCR results  back (less than 15 hours after I got nasal plumbing done).  NEGATIVE.

So....check list...

-xPress pass-printed out

-Passport-packed in back pack

-Flight made....I have to admit, a little anxious about this.  The same flight I'll be taking on Saturday was an hour late getting off the ground this a.m.  Not sure why.   But, just saw Fred was downgraded from a storm to a "depression" (not sure what that is).  So, no worries.

-Weather on my end is/will be, fine

-Negative PCR test/results done about 65 hours before embarkation.  Printed out and put with all my other papers

-Masks packed (from previous Celebrity cruise, so nice ones)

-Need to do laundry

-Health Questionnaire from Celebrity will hit tomorrow.  Will fill that out. No phone call this time asking if I'm vaccinated.  Wonder if that has anything to do with FL cruise lines now being allowed to ask for vaccine status?

Let's see....also have my passport card in my wallet.  Need to go to ATM to get some cash for miscellaneous.  I saw the change in itinerary.  No biggies.  Guess I'll have just enough time in Nassau to wander around and consider it more of a sea day than a "real" port visit.  Probably just go to Junkanoo Beach and "hang".

I'm sure I'm forgetting something........  😮

19 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

Wishing all of you the best.  Y'all got some "stuff" going on down there regarding the "surge".  Looks like it's getting worse, not better.  Hopefully, smarter heads will prevail and the people in charge will put your health and well being ahead of political agendas.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks...got it.  That's the PCR test results I printed out (and also have a copy of on my iPhone).

That's what I get for skimming, rather than reading carefully. I paid attention to the fact that you had the results, but not that you'd printed them. 

Don't tell any of my former students; they'd never let me live it down (nor should they).

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I'm sure I'm forgetting something........  😮

Extra space in your bag for gifts for your lovely GF? A man can only spend so much OBC on martini flights, right? 😉😂

Safe travels! Can't wait for your next review.

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2021 at 6:46 PM, Smmessineo said:

I’m so sorry.  I meant that light heartedly and it actually was a lead balloon.  I love Florida!  I wish my family had settled there instead of Georgia!  Such beautiful country.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Extra space in your bag for gifts for your lovely GF? A man can only spend so much OBC on martini flights, right? 😉😂

Safe travels! Can't wait for your next review.

Expected if not vocalized! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@graphicguy

Just wanted to wish you bon voyage and safe travels.

We got our tests done today and both negative. So we are on our way. 

How nice. Thanks!

Happy we are ready to rock.  

As an aside, it looks like FRED is thankfully whimping out!!!!

Edited by graphicguy

29 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

We’re in Ormond Beach tonight.  Drive to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow.  Hope to see you on the Magic Carpet or perusing the gift shops onboard!

Hope so.  Safe travels.  Will likely be on Magic Carpet for SAILAWAY.  And, likely be the only old solo guy there, too.

24 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Hope so.  Safe travels.  Will likely be on Magic Carpet for SAILAWAY.  And, likely be the only old solo guy there, too.

I'm an old solo guy too. The wife couldn't make this one. I hope to join you. 

• Like 2