Which Mega ship

I assume you're talking about Oasis Class. I usually try to stay on decks 8or 9. As far as reservations are concerned, I don't now what they're doing with the pandemic. Prior, you could use your cruise planner to book any shows, excursions, and dinners. Very easy.

7 minutes ago, cruise.freak said:

We have not sailed one of the bigs ships yet. Which ship is better and is a balcony ov or balcony over the central park or board walk better? Also any tips on what we need to do booking dining shows ect. 

Thanks

OV balcony either Oasis or Symphony 

• Like 2

We love the inside balcony cabins, which are unique to this class of ship.  My husband prefers the ones overlooking the balcony towards the end where you can watch the aqua shows and other things going on from your balcony.  I prefer the Central Park balconies.  I love the smell of the greenery, the twinkling lights and piano music in the evening and the peacefulness of the CP area.  Many people do prefer ocean view but we live near the water so an ocean view is just not special for us.

2 hours ago, cruise.freak said:

We have not sailed one of the bigs ships yet. Which ship is better and is a balcony ov or balcony over the central park or board walk better? Also any tips on what we need to do booking dining shows ect. 

Thanks

Book the shows early, especially the Ice Show.  I showed up at the Ice Show about 20 min. early on Adventure and it was PACKED!

24 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

We love the inside balcony cabins, which are unique to this class of ship.  My husband prefers the ones overlooking the balcony towards the end where you can watch the aqua shows and other things going on from your balcony.  I prefer the Central Park balconies.  I love the smell of the greenery, the twinkling lights and piano music in the evening and the peacefulness of the CP area.  Many people do prefer ocean view but we live near the water so an ocean view is just not special for us.

You really can't see the Aqua shows on the ships that have the Abyss. We were on Harmony and had the last four aft Boardwalk cabins on deck #9 and there was an obstruction. 

We only booked these because we thought it would be fun for the grand kids...we won't book them again....been there done that...Other things "going" on...hmmm people need to keep their drapes closed :classic_wink:

Edited by Ashland

Whether to get an Ocean, Boardwalk, or Central Park balcony is really subjective.  Some people really love to look at the ocean, others like the greenery of Central Park, others like the action/people-watching of Boardwalk.  

If I were to get an Ocean balcony, I'd avoid Decks 6 and 7 on the port side because I'm really sensitive to cigarette smoke, and smoking is allowed on the outdoor portion of Deck 5 on the port side.  

If you know where to book, you can get a double-wide balcony in certain rooms overlooking Central Park for the same price as the regular balcony rooms.  Also, CP balcony rooms are often comparable in price to an inside room, especially if you have a balcony discount via your Crown & Anchor level.