Jump to content

Crystal is now allowing embarkation in Miami, as well as unvaccinated guests


Richk582
 Share

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, majcigar said:

The Celebrity Edge just had 2 COVID cases yesterday! See You Tube (Don's Family Vacations) to see how perfectly they handled the situation and removed the people from the ship and completed Contact Tracing!

I did watch that. I watch Don every day. Bravo to Celebrity. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, cruisr said:

Flying in and out of Bahamas, though the airport was crowded is much better than Miami.  One has to upload to the Bahamas Visa site a proof of vaccination or proof of covid and recovery.  Nobody knows who you are sitting next to on a flight to Miami.  Returning from Nassau every single passenger had a Negative rapid test the day before.  This of course is not applicable on a Miami return flight.   At least I know the status of people on my plane flying to/from the Bahamas.

You know, you make some great points.  My challenge is if god forbid you test positive at the Bahamas airport, that is horrible based on Bahamas policies.  So I still choose Miami.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, majcigar said:

The Celebrity Edge just had 2 COVID cases yesterday! See You Tube (Don's Family Vacations) to see how perfectly they handled the situation and removed the people from the ship and completed Contact Tracing!

That is precisely how Crystal Serenity handled the 2 cases on the July 17 cruise.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I have decided to keep my departure from Nassau on September 18 rather than changing to a Miami departure. Also, I already have paid for the pre-cruise package at the Baha Mar SLS that I booked through Crystal. Earlier this month, I sailed aboard the Celebrity Summit out of St. Maarten. As a result, I already have experience dealing with the COVID protocols in foreign airports.

 

Chuck

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kptbylorraine said:

BEAV-

 

We sail August 7. Would ❤️ to hear the captain make that announcement!

Lorraine
 

 

We're with you on that one.....Aug. 7th. Keeping fingers crossed that all goes well.......!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There were no temperature checks at the bars or at the Marketplace buffet.  No temperature checks in the spa or in Galaxy.  None in the shops or in the Bistro.

 

I hope all goes well but I see too many possible "holes" in this system.  I am not confident Crystal will be able to handle this situation with unvaccinated passengers, despite the best of intentions.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, bitob said:

There were no temperature checks at the bars or at the Marketplace buffet.  No temperature checks in the spa or in Galaxy.  None in the shops or in the Bistro.

 

I hope all goes well but I see too many possible "holes" in this system.  I am not confident Crystal will be able to handle this situation with unvaccinated passengers, despite the best of intentions.

I only had my temperature checked once the whole 7 days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cruisr said:

I only had my temperature checked once the whole 7 days.

We had our temp checked every time we went to Waterside, Prego, Umi Uma -- 2 weeks

They were "religious" about it.

I cannot recall if they checked temp at the Churrasqueria.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FWI. For those booked or thinking about booking. A call to Crystal sale with the question: "Are non-vac passengers going to be service by the same stewardesses (cabin attendant)  as the vaccinated passengers? Or will the non-vaccinated passengers have their own dedicated room attendants?

 

I was told by my Travel Agent, who made the phone call, that non-vaccinated passengers will not be segregated by cabins. The attendant that cleans my room could also be cleaning non-vax passengers cabins. Non-vax passengers 🤧 will be spread around the ship into whatever available cabin without regard of vaccination status. I feel sorry for the crew to be forced into this situation.

 

J 🥵

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JMARINER said:

FWI. For those booked or thinking about booking. A call to Crystal sale with the question: "Are non-vac passengers going to be service by the same stewardesses (cabin attendant)  as the vaccinated passengers? Or will the non-vaccinated passengers have their own dedicated room attendants?

 

I was told by my Travel Agent, who made the phone call, that non-vaccinated passengers will not be segregated by cabins. The attendant that cleans my room could also be cleaning non-vax passengers cabins. Non-vax passengers 🤧 will be spread around the ship into whatever available cabin without regard of vaccination status. I feel sorry for the crew to be forced into this situation.

 

J 🥵


That’s correct about the cabin assignments and stewardesses. That’s the same way it is at hotels though (that have restored regular housekeeping).  Different exposure dynamic overall than a ship, but same staffing challenge as it pertains to housekeeping.

 

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given the incubation period a breakout among passengers on a 7 day cruise is probably unlikely: passengers might become infected but they might not know it until they are home, or if vaccinated and not tested  they will never know it. A breakout among the crew is a much different matter, which there is little information.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Given the incubation period a breakout among passengers on a 7 day cruise is probably unlikely: passengers might become infected but they might not know it until they are home, or if vaccinated and not tested  they will never know it. A breakout among the crew is a much different matter, which there is little information.  

 

I was thinking the same thing...  With many people no longer being tested at the end of the cruise, comes the risk that people who become infected during the cruise will just carry the infection home without knowing, especially if they remain asymptomatic.  The discovery that vaccinated individuals can also transmit the delta variant makes this part even more concerning.  Like you said, the cruise is so short they may not have started testing positive yet, but if they're not even tested at all you're catching even fewer people.

 

Vince

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, JMARINER said:

FWI. For those booked or thinking about booking. A call to Crystal sale with the question: "Are non-vac passengers going to be service by the same stewardesses (cabin attendant)  as the vaccinated passengers? Or will the non-vaccinated passengers have their own dedicated room attendants?

 

I was told by my Travel Agent, who made the phone call, that non-vaccinated passengers will not be segregated by cabins. The attendant that cleans my room could also be cleaning non-vax passengers cabins. Non-vax passengers 🤧 will be spread around the ship into whatever available cabin without regard of vaccination status. I feel sorry for the crew to be forced into this situation.

 

J 🥵

Don't take this the wrong way, but do you know if the people that are putting the food on the shelves in the grocery store you shop at are vaccinated or not? You bring these items home and consume them directly into your system. How about the cab driver to the airport? How about the person at the fast food place you like to go too. Do your best to avoid COVID, but you have to live your life or just stay home and do nothing!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, majcigar said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but do you know if the people that are putting the food on the shelves in the grocery store you shop at are vaccinated or not? You bring these items home and consume them directly into your system. How about the cab driver to the airport? How about the person at the fast food place you like to go too. Do your best to avoid COVID, but you have to live your life or just stay home and do nothing!

In this case, using your example, the grocery store employee,  fast food person and cab driver are all living together, double occupancy, small rooms,  eating and drinking together, no social distancing,  maybe going ashore.  They're mostly young, fit people,  all vaccinated who if they get it they should be fine. But it will go through them fairly quickly.  Are they being tested? If there's an outbreak, then what? Will a small Bahamas island take them? Cruise over? I get this is a "what if" situation and we have to live our lives.  It's just another complication of this complex issue. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

In this case, using your example, the grocery store employee,  fast food person and cab driver are all living together, double occupancy, small rooms,  eating and drinking together, no social distancing,  maybe going ashore.  They're mostly young, fit people,  all vaccinated who if they get it they should be fine. But it will go through them fairly quickly.  Are they being tested? If there's an outbreak, then what? Will a small Bahamas island take them? Cruise over? I get this is a "what if" situation and we have to live our lives.  It's just another complication of this complex issue. 

I agree with you!

I'm just getting tired of all the whining!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was a "whinner"....not so much about covid, as I was about the way Crystal gave us no warning, no option, no nothin' when our cruise was so close. (Aug 7th, first out of the blocks to Miami). I would've at least liked the curtesy of telling me this was all going to happen within the next 10 days. Option to change the date? option of a FCC (omg!) or SOMETHING, ANYTHING as recognition that we've put our money down and entrusted Crystal to do the right thing. 

As much as I don't like the idea of "the covid thing", I think that's something that we'll have to deal with for a LONG time yet. Until the world is somewhat vaccinated, I think individual precautions, vaccinations yearly, (or boosters) will be the new norm.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

In my opinion they are handling it perfectly including the comment that the infected are being medically evacuated at RCCL expense.

 

Crystal is NOT doing that. It is imperative that you have your own comprehensive insurance (check for evacuation limits etc). The 5 people that I know of that have been with Crystal over the last few weeks and have tested positive have been “on their own”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

 

Crystal is NOT doing that. It is imperative that you have your own comprehensive insurance (check for evacuation limits etc). The 5 people that I know of that have been with Crystal over the last few weeks and have tested positive have been “on their own”.


in regards to a comprehensive travel insurance policy, what $ amount for medical  evacuation limit do you suggest?  Personally, I have a very high limit for this and emergency medical.

 

Nancy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, nancygp said:


in regards to a comprehensive travel insurance policy, what $ amount for medical  evacuation limit do you suggest?  Personally, I have a very high limit for this and emergency medical.

 

Nancy

Attached are the coverages we get. To answer you directly, for this trip we purchased $100k for evacuation. I may go higher next time since my friend ended up paying $11,000 for the flight from Nassau to Ft.lauderdale. She was in a medical evacuation flight but had no symptoms or medical need. I can just imagine if there was an accident, heart attack or a further distance to deal with that the price would soar!

AD8FFDF8-4D43-4352-8976-CBA65DEDD69A.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...