Jump to content

Crystal is now allowing embarkation in Miami, as well as unvaccinated guests


Richk582
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

It was not her insurance. It was the Bahama process associated to the Visa. Her paying out of pocket to be medically evacuated is how she chose to start her quarantine. 

And I understand that. She chose to spend $11K to evacuate herself to avoid the Bahamas quarantine.

We all have to understand our choices if we test positive in a foreign country.

It is all part of the risk we are taking by traveling to the Bahamas when CDC explicitly states that we should not travel there. It is incumbent upon us to protect ourselves. In your friends case, she self-insured by paying out of pocket to repatriate while she was COVID positive.

Understand the possibilities and try to mitigate wherever possible.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

and tinacc--I am not faulting your friend at all. She is very fortunate that she could afford to pay $11K to repatriate in this situation.

I am really concerned about those who take this cruise who do not inform themselves. First timers who may not have the financial resources your friend had to get home.

For us, we have options. But if we had to stay 14 days in Nassau at the Courtyard--we would survive. We may not like it--but we would survive-lol. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JFontaine said:

Good luck finding evacuation coverage for testing positive (but not being very sick) and the CDC requires that you are taken to your home. I can't find that coverage.  Royal either covered this for customer relations or because Nassau and the CDC required it, or because they knew that this coverage is not commercially available (or if available,  at rates that make sense for their passengers).  

It exists ....should you be diagnosed with Covid19 while traveling this company will bring you home.

 

www.covacglobal.com

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JFontaine said:

Good luck finding evacuation coverage for testing positive (but not being very sick) and the CDC requires that you are taken to your home. I can't find that coverage.  Royal either covered this for customer relations or because Nassau and the CDC required it, or because they knew that this coverage is not commercially available (or if available,  at rates that make sense for their passengers).  

I think there is more to the story than what has been reported.  Agree that if it is true that Royal paid for this repatriation of its passengers there has to be a  rationale such as those that you have suggested.   At some point there has to be some kind of cross-subsidization either through insurance or if it is their policy by increased fares.   Is it possible that the Royal  passengers had insurance coverage through Royal and the underwriter Berkeley or whomever the company they use will settle?  Or is it possible that Royal simply paid the bill for convenience/expediency and the passengers will receive an invoice from Royal.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We have insurance with Generali. It covers Covid and repatriation/evac if diagnosed with covid. (Up to $250k) It cover trip cancellation if not allowed to board due to covid and trip interruption if debarked mid-voyage due to covid.  Being asymptomatic doesn't matter and is not a bar to benefits.  The daily trip interruption hotel benefits are not so great t$300 per day.

 

J

Edited by JMARINER
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JMARINER said:

We have insurance with Generali. It covers Covid and repatriation/evac if diagnosed with covid. (Up to $250k) It cover trip cancellation if not allowed to board due to covid and trip interruption if debarked mid-voyage due to covid.  Being asymptomatic doesn't matter and is not a bar to benefits.  The daily trip interruption hotel benefits are not so great t$300 per day.

 

J

Actually, their Premium policy (which is their most inclusive) states: If you are quarantined, but not sick, coverage depends on when you bought your plan and when the loss occurred. Coverage is unavailable if the insurance plan was purchased on or after January 29, 2020.

 

And, also, importantly for these cruises: 

What if I can’t get tested in time to take my trip? Is this covered under travel delay?

No. If you do not get tested or do not receive the results in time, our plans do not provide coverage for those situations.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Cancun01 said:

It exists ....should you be diagnosed with Covid19 while traveling this company will bring you home.

 

www.covacglobal.com

 

According to the fine print, Covac Global does not cover passengers on cruise ships.  The exclusions below noted in the FAQs:  

 

Covid-19 Evacuation Memberships
-Countries that have an active government mandated stay-at-home order
-Traveling on a cruise ship (greater than 25 cabins)
-Attending a large-scale public gathering
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

Actually, their Premium policy (which is their most inclusive) states: If you are quarantined, but not sick, coverage depends on when you bought your plan and when the loss occurred. Coverage is unavailable if the insurance plan was purchased on or after January 29, 2020.

 

And, also, importantly for these cruises: 

What if I can’t get tested in time to take my trip? Is this covered under travel delay?

No. If you do not get tested or do not receive the results in time, our plans do not provide coverage for those situations.

If I test positive, I am deemed sick.  I am in California. I assume that all States rules  are the same, maybe not.

 

As far as the the can't get tested question or late test results, it is really a question of fact. It the circumstance are such the the inability to test is beyond anyone's reasonable control, then the trip interruption coverage would apply. 

 

J

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fisherboe said:

 

According to the fine print, Covac Global does not cover passengers on cruise ships.  The exclusions below noted in the FAQs:  

 

Covid-19 Evacuation Memberships
-Countries that have an active government mandated stay-at-home order
-Traveling on a cruise ship (greater than 25 cabins)
-Attending a large-scale public gathering
 

Thanks for pointing this out as copied from the FAQs.   As with all insurance a clear and concise ( and hopefully correct!) interpretation in writing relative to one’s own circumstances (current and potential)  should be obtained from the company prior to enrolling. The reason for my reply was in relation to Crystal Cruises ( not RCI) and  was in regards to @tinaincc ‘s friend who tested positive prior to embarkation in Nassau. She was therefore precluded from travelling on a cruise ship. As I understand the facts the friend and her husband were required to quarantine in a less-than-pleasant environment in Nassau.

 

 

Edited by Cancun01
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JMARINER said:

If I test positive, I am deemed sick.  I am in California. I assume that all States rules  are the same, maybe not.

 

As far as the the can't get tested question or late test results, it is really a question of fact. It the circumstance are such the the inability to test is beyond anyone's reasonable control, then the trip interruption coverage would apply. 

 

J

Why would you think that trip interruption coverage would apply just because it was beyond the policyholder's control?  The policy clearly states that "If you do not get tested or do not receive the results in time, our plans do not provide coverage for those situations."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My husband & I where planning on getting tested, even though we are vaccinated to be sure we are negative before leaving. We received an email today that you now must be tested within 5 days of arrival. The Bahamas have changed the requirements for entry. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, CruiseAngel218 said:

My husband & I where planning on getting tested, even though we are vaccinated to be sure we are negative before leaving. We received an email today that you now must be tested within 5 days of arrival. The Bahamas have changed the requirements for entry. 

 

Edited by majcigar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t mean to add fuel to the fire but I just learned that starting on August 7 Carnival Cruise Lines will require all passengers to wear a mask indoors on all of their ships.  I know the Crystal staff already is doing this…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So glad to see that I am not the only person who is angry about this change. I would NEVER have booked it had I had any idea that such a stupid thing would happen. Yes there are extra rules for the unvaccinated, but before now, there was no need for these rules because there were NO unvaccinated passengers. I have already decided that I will never cruise with Crystal again because they are a dishonorable company. NCL is sticking to their guns regarding vaccinations and I WILL be sailing with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ssln35 said:

So glad to see that I am not the only person who is angry about this change. I would NEVER have booked it had I had any idea that such a stupid thing would happen. Yes there are extra rules for the unvaccinated, but before now, there was no need for these rules because there were NO unvaccinated passengers. I have already decided that I will never cruise with Crystal again because they are a dishonorable company. NCL is sticking to their guns regarding vaccinations and I WILL be sailing with them.

I understand how you feel. I am a huge NCL fan especially the Haven.  Something tells even NCL is going to want unvaccinated kids on board or they will lose the family business.  What is happening I am afraid Is where the industry is heading.  The future will be interesting for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are traveling on the 30th and received an email from Crystal today re requirements. Of interest, it said that all guests on all ships are required to be fully vaccinated. That seems to conflict with all we’ve heard recently.  Not sure if it’s an outdated email or . . .   Since we’re vaccinated, not an issue for us but certainly confusing. 
 

Only need a Bahamas health visa if embarking in Miami.  Crystal will test at embarkation.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I understand how you feel. I am a huge NCL fan especially the Haven.  Something tells even NCL is going to want unvaccinated kids on board or they will lose the family business.  What is happening I am afraid Is where the industry is heading.  The future will be interesting for sure.

Nope. NCL is not permitting unvaccinated children at this time. This is in effect through Oct. 31.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I am sure Crystal is looking at this thread as they do all of them, but with only 270 people on the "fully vaccinated" present-day Serenity cruise and some of the "fully vaccinated" Bermuda cruises  not selling as hot cakes plus before they made the change many Serenity Nassau voyages at very low counts something had to be done.

 

Yes I wish Florida kept their butts out of CDC affairs so that the lines could sail out of Florida and require vaccines but...............they have not.  Maybe, just maybe, with things out of control in Florida they will back off but until this happens Crystal will make it as tough as possible for those unvaccinated to want to take the cruise.

 

The model just doesn't work with running cruises that are almost 2/3's empty.  

 

Many people have already switched to the Florida sailings and others I know have booked them.  

 

For those who want a fully vaccinated cruise I would be careful what hotel you stay at, what plane you get on and what things are like when you get off the ship in port and the private vehicle you go in to get to your airport you go in, and the food store you shop at, and the restaurant you dine at.  This is the life we live right now.  And remember on those fully vaccinated cruises some got COVID-19 including the variant.

 

Keith

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ssln35 said:

Nope. NCL is not permitting unvaccinated children at this time. This is in effect through Oct. 31.

That is today,, go to NCL website. Look for departures out of Miami or Fl.  The largest cruise port in the world. Check how many sailing go out of FL until Oct 31.  The issue is FL.  My post said “some tells me”.  Things change, just look at all cruise brand policies this week alone. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, majcigar said:

 

I hope it works out for you. As context, my friend tested in TX on Friday and was negative and then tested positive at the convention center about 24 hours later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ssln35 said:

So glad to see that I am not the only person who is angry about this change. I would NEVER have booked it had I had any idea that such a stupid thing would happen. Yes there are extra rules for the unvaccinated, but before now, there was no need for these rules because there were NO unvaccinated passengers. I have already decided that I will never cruise with Crystal again because they are a dishonorable company. NCL is sticking to their guns regarding vaccinations and I WILL be sailing with them.

These things are not really Crystal's fault - Florida governor is forcing cruise lines allow unvaccinated people on board and Crystal is trying to make sure all is safe.  Why anyone would go anywhere near Florida - one of the states with most new infections, is a mystery to me. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

I hope it works out for you. As context, my friend tested in TX on Friday and was negative and then tested positive at the convention center about 24 hours later.

Please finish the story.  Was it a false positive.  Did they test them again. Are they in quarantine.  Thank you

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ctjon said:

These things are not really Crystal's fault - Florida governor is forcing cruise lines allow unvaccinated people on board and Crystal is trying to make sure all is safe.  Why anyone would go anywhere near Florida - one of the states with most new infections, is a mystery to me. 

I will share with you why folks are going to Florida.  If they test positive at the port, they are in a much better situation then testing positive in Nassau or Bimini.  Nassau and Bimini are no walk in the park either from a Covid standpoint.  I choose Miami.  I am flying.  My wife and I are double masking with I95, wearing glasses and isolating for the next 19 days prior to the cruise.  

 

Are we at risk, yes.  Do we know that, yes.  Can this turn out really bad is we test positive at the port, yes.  Will be complain since we "Know what the rules are to the game", absolutely NOT.  Will I blame Crystal Cruises, NO.  Not their fault, it is Covid's fault.  

 

Just my two cents.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's probably just me, but the fact that people are more excited to book a cruise from Florida because in case they test positive they just just hop on an airplane with everyone else and fly home instead of quarantining, almost sounds more like more like the problem than the cure.  🤢  I get that the majority of them will be vaccinated and have a reduced risk of spreading the virus, but still...

 

Vince

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Enjoy the Gift of Travel with Regent Seven Seas Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...