Crystal is now allowing embarkation in Miami, as well as unvaccinated guests

Richk582

10 hours ago, BWIVince said:

It’s also a temporary injunction, subject to appeal.  The same appeals reversed the injunction on the other Florida battle, with the CDC.  I seriously doubt (even though I really want to hope) this is over.

Vince

I agree. But unless the appellate judge stays the temporary injunction, the appeal could drag out until it’s no longer an issue. 

• Like 1

Our adventure from Miami has begun. We started with a 21 day quarantine at home and a PCR TEST 2 days before sailing in which we tested negative.

After arriving at terminal J we dropped off luggage and parked just in front of the terminal. Chose not to park off island and have to catch shuttles. A steeper cost of $22 a day for the convenience.

Our first thought during check-in was to be very careful since non-vaccinated will be boarding; so mask and glasses. Not so much concern with that now since there won't be any. Received our turquoise bands about 20 minutes after testing. Ready for boarding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

This is a preliminary injunction and of course NCL filed the injunction request with a court and judge which would likely agree with them. 

Sorry, I can't help myself.  Do you mean to imply that once a party files an injunction request with a court and judge the judge is likely to agree with the party simply because it made the filing with the court?  Of course that's not the case.  Many times parties file requests for preliminary injunctions with courts and are not awarded the injunction.  In particular, since one of the things the party much prove is likelihood of success on the merits it is not necessarily an easy thing to obtain. 

2 hours ago, giustot said:

I agree. But unless the appellate judge stays the temporary injunction, the appeal could drag out until it’s no longer an issue. 

That's what happened with the CDC case, so that's why it worries me.  

Vince