Uniworld Danube River Cruise Sept. 2021 Reschedule?

We are currently booked on Uniworld Enchanted Danube departing Sept. 12, 2021, Passau to Budapest. Lack of info on current travel experiences/restrictions and considering rescheduling till 2022. Has anyone traveled to Czech, Austria, Hungary recently? Any input is welcome! Thanks so much🤗

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Uniworld Danube River Cruise Sept. 2021 Reschedule?

Someone just posted that you will need a negative Covid test within 72 hrs. of boarding the ship.  Vaccination alone won't cut it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lindalouT said:

it would be great is anyone who has experienced one of these itineraries report back!

I don't think they have started on the Danube yet,  Someone did a "live" daily review of Uniworld's tour in Italy

• Thanks 1

Uniworld has just started on the Danube river. I know that German river cruise lines are already going to the Black Sea. Roundtrips to Budapest are going on for a while. There´s no Czech port on a Passau to Budapest cruise just Bratislava which is Slovakia.

I don´t think that any US focused river cruise line is already doing the Danube river. AMAWaterways also starts on the Rhine/Moselle rivers for US passengers. Viking is on the Rhine river. Uniworld is on the Rhine river and the first one I´ve heard of on the Danube river.

steamboats

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steamboats said:

Uniworld has just started on the Danube river.

Uniworld is on the Rhine river and the first one I´ve heard of on the Danube river.

Steamboats,

thank you for this information. Can you provide any more specific detailed information about the Uniworld cruises that are currently operating on the Danube River? Sailing dates, boat names, etc. If not, I understand.

Thank you either way.

I am scheduled to embark at Budapest on 10 August on the river Duchess for a Uniworld cruise. Just worried about a last-minute cancellation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Steamboats,

thank you for this information. Can you provide any more specific detailed information about the Uniworld cruises that are currently operating on the Danube River? Sailing dates, boat names, etc. If not, I understand.

Thank you either way.

I am scheduled to embark at Budapest on 10 August on the river Duchess for a Uniworld cruise. Just worried about a last-minute cancellation.

Here is a tool I found out about on this forum a few years back.  There is a website named CruiseMapper  https://www.cruisemapper.com that will allow you to follow the movements of pretty much any boat you can name.  It is a very flexible database and very user friendly.  If you are interested, just go to the website and type in the name of the boat you are looking for.  River Duchess is currently shown as just southeast of Bonn.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Steamboats,

Thank you either way.

Looks like they're currently sailing a few Danube trips: Budapest to Amsterdam and Budapest to Passau and Budapest to Prague according to their "open for travel" page:

https://www.uniworld.com/us/open-for-travel

You can also search other itineraries on their booking page to see when individual trips are (hopefully) starting up.

9 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Steamboats,

Thank you either way.

I´m sorry, I only saw posts by crew members on IG. But looks like they just have started.

steamboats

9 hours ago, br111 said:

Looks like they're currently sailing a few Danube trips: Budapest to Amsterdam and Budapest to Passau and Budapest to Prague according to their "open for travel" page:

https://www.uniworld.com/us/open-for-travel

You can also search other itineraries on their booking page to see when individual trips are (hopefully) starting up.

Thank you, Steamboats!

I hadn’t seen this part of Uniworld’s website. My itinerary isn’t listed on the top page, so maybe I’m on the first sailing. I’m also using the link you provided to cruisemapper, so thank you for that!

I’m starting to get excited that maybe my cruise will sail! 

• Like 1