gift cards

I've done it on several cruises, both HAL and Carnival.  All I had to do is take the card(s) to the front desk and they were applied to my account.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tamsno said:

I expect to use them for part of final payment as well.   Any experience with that?

Yes, I just sent an email to my TA with the card #, PIN #, and amount, and it got credited.  Be sure to hang on to the cards, because if you get a credit or refund, it goes back on the cards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, esimon said:

this is great - I can buy cards at grocery and get points for gas and then use on board 

works to pay for the cruise as well.

30 minutes ago, esimon said:

this is great - I can buy cards at grocery and get points for gas and then use on board 

That's what I do at Kroger.  And sometimes you can get double, triple, or quadruple fuel points.  Plus, when I buy a gift card at Kroger, my credit card gives me 6 pts. per dollar spent.  If I pay HAL directly with my credit card, I only get 3 points.  My friends call me the points whore. 🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm going to buy gift cards at the store - they come in various amounts - going to use them for gratuities and OBC - get points on my credit card and gas points -- win win

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Sea-Lady said:

What gift card do you buy to pay for HAL cruises?  I'm a Kroger shopper too and love getting the 4x points for gas.

Thanks,

Linda

I just checked the Kroger site and they sell Holland America gift cards anywhere from $50 to $500.

Holland America eGift

Oh, and edited to say yes please be sure to clip the 4X Gift card coupon for fuel points.  I see you do, but others might not know.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea-Lady said:

What gift card do you buy to pay for HAL cruises?  I'm a Kroger shopper too and love getting the 4x points for gas.

Thanks,

Linda

Sea-Lady, our Kroger stores sell HAL, Princess, Carnival, and Disney cruise gift cards.  I can also buy them on the Kroger website.

My sister and I are theoretically 😁 sailing on HAL in March 2022, and I just mailed her a HAL gift card as a birthday gift.  I'll buy her another one for Christmas.  They make great stocking stuffers for the cruisers in your life.