When Will I Receive Hotel Information ?

Shinydiamond

Because Viking could not fly me to Bermuda on the departure day of my cruise (August 3), they offered to fly my husband and me to Boston the day before and put us up in a hotel. I’ve not received any other information since the call explaining it to me. I’ve contacted Viking and after getting the run around, was told that I would receive it 7 days before the cruise. 

is this normal?  This is my first Viking cruise and my first time using a cruise line to book my tickets, I’m not sure if I’m just freaking out for no reason. 

I guess that I’m worried that it’s a week away from the cruise and that’s still an open item. I’m trying to make sure that all my information is in order and not having specifics is driving me crazy. When do they usually give you the information?  If I know that it usually comes a day or two before, then I can relax. 

Well, in normal times you should have all the info you need, but these are not normal times!

If I were you, I would call Viking Air and not let them off until you get the info. Escalate to a Supervisor if necessary.  (I understand your anxiety, but having dealt with Viking many times, I, being me and not you, would check my flights with my airline and if they appear correct, give them a few more days to iron the hotel reservation out.)

Tom

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom.in.nc said:

Well, in normal times you should have all the info you need, but these are not normal times!

If I were you, I would call Viking Air and not let them off until you get the info. Escalate to a Supervisor if necessary.  (I understand your anxiety, but having dealt with Viking many times, I, being me and not you, would check my flights with my airline and if they appear correct, give them a few more days to iron the hotel reservation out.)

Tom

It’s funny, I tried that last week since I’ve been ticketed on 7/5 and after being on the phone for over two hours, I was told that I would hear something today. I also emailed tellme who had me talk to someone else who said the same thing. I just don’t know if this is normal.