Current "By the Glass Wine List"?

Posted (edited)

I commented today on a couple of other threads. The current wine list downloaded from the Navigator app shows considerable reductions in wine-by-the-glass prices. There are now 26 wines by my count that would be covered by the SBP. There are an additional 6 that would be covered by the EBP.

2021 Wine List.pdf

Lisa confirmed the lower prices on her live Alaska thread.

Edited by Overhead Fred
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’m guessing they need to get rid of a surplus of white wine due to the hiatus…. Not sure how they contract, etc., but I know Chardonnay does not get better with age! And, they may be having trouble securing wine (Deakin Chard) from Australia. Whatever it be, I was planning to upgrade, but now a happy camper— just hope it stays this way until February! 

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

I commented today on a couple of other threads. The current wine list downloaded from the Navigator app shows considerable reductions in wine-by-the-glass prices. There are now 26 wines by my count that would be covered by the SBP. There are an additional 6 that would be covered by the EBP.

2021 Wine List.pdf 166.96 kB · 64 downloads

Lisa confirmed the lower prices on her live Alaska thread.

thanks for this.  I’m not getting any wine listings on my Navigator app.  It’s geared to update automatically and when I check it is up to date.

Guess I better reload it.

I notice our $18 glass is still $18 - happy hour 😉 

Definitely an improvement but the wine packages are still on our radar 😉 

With the current real world shortages of products due to transportation problems, labor shortages etc. I would not trust what wine availability from the list is readily available.

Airlines are experiencing not having enough jet fuel and gas prices rising. One of the main reasons? Not enough qualified tanker truck drivers to deliver fuel!

I wonder how many of the on-board stored wines have been aging upright in boxes in the wine storage area? Will find out in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Airlines are experiencing not having enough jet fuel and gas prices rising. One of the main reasons? Not enough qualified tanker truck drivers to deliver fuel!

A lot of the aviation fuel is going to air support for fighting fires in the west.

17 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

What is the price limit for a glass of wine on the regular, not upgraded, Have it All Event?  I can't find that anywhere.

$11 - it’s the same as the Signature Beverage Package

11 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

@Overhead Fred    Thanks for posting the current WPG listing. (yes another TLA - three letter acronym - for wines per glass!)

Currently imbibing on a rioja from Aldi.  pretty good for the money!  

Is there such a thing as a bad Rioja? 😂 🤣

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Is there such a thing as a bad Rioja? 😂 🤣

😁 If and when I find one, I will let you know.  In the meantime research continues.......🍷

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, aliaschief said:

16 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

A lot of the aviation fuel is going to air support for fighting fires in the west.

I read an article about the problems that airlines are having obtaining jet fuel, and, according to that article, the problem is not a general shortage of supply.  Rather, the problem is getting the supply transported to many airports.  There seems to be a shortage of truck drivers to transport fuel to the smaller airports.  The impression that I had was that major hub airports are well-supplied.

I would not be surprised if that article was an oversimplification of the problem.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

$11 - it’s the same as the Signature Beverage Package

Thank you Kazu...that is helpful.  I wish that HAL would put out a list with wines, mixed drinks including after dinner.  

18 hours ago, KarefreeKaren said:

Chardonnay does not get better with age!

A lot of wine geeks would take exception to that statement.  They rave about 20-yeard old white Burgundy.

I will agree that most of the Chardonnay-based wines are best when enjoyed young.  However, looking at the list posted by @Overhead Fred, I feel that the California ones by Cakebread and Grgich-Hills are well-made and would definitely benefit from sideways time.

29 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

Thank you Kazu...that is helpful.  I wish that HAL would put out a list with wines, mixed drinks including after dinner.  

The most recent list of wines by the glass was posted on this very thread - just scroll up.

Do you have the Navigator App downloaded?  Apparently that listing was there (I didn’t see it on mine).

This is the old listing BC (Before Covid) on the different packages that was on the HAL site at the time.

EA98641E-3CE9-4498-98E2-5166EA8FBB1E.thumb.png.b77cd5a54a0bc1afeb0787c60d2d38eb.png

Most after dinner drinks like liquors at the dining room  are included since they are mostly $11 or under 😉 

• Like 1

I have that large list from 2019.  I have the Navigator downloaded and can view the pdf wine list which is the same one that is on this thread.  I have to say that my favorite drinks are wine and sparkling wine. It would be nice to see a current list of mixed drinks that are included with the HIAE.

Could anyone comment on how to upgrade from the signature to the elite drink package and the cost? We have done it numerous times on Celebrity,, but have never had a drink package on HAL. Thanks!

1 minute ago, 81Zoomie said:

Could anyone comment on how to upgrade from the signature to the elite drink package and the cost? We have done it numerous times on Celebrity,, but have never had a drink package on HAL. Thanks!

Just go to a bar and ask.  From Lisa’s report if you have the Have It All, it’s $5 pp per day plus the gratuity (18%).

In the past people have warned not to order a drink under the SBP until you have the Elite package in place.  Hope this helps.

23 minutes ago, kazu said:

Just go to a bar and ask.  From Lisa’s report if you have the Have It All, it’s $5 pp per day plus the gratuity (18%).

In the past people have warned not to order a drink under the SBP until you have the Elite package in place.  Hope this helps.

Thank you!

• Like 1

I sent a email to ship services and received the current list available on the NA which looks the same as the one posted. Needed to make sure I could get Chandon by the glass (!) instead of the bottle🍾

• Like 2