I was on the Horizon July 18th-24th. Ask me Anything.

2 hours ago, woodey said:

ask you anything....ok

can i really save up to 15% with Gieco ?

did Elvis really leave the building or did they just say that?

did lee harvey oswald have help?

did Fonzie really jump the shark?

1) Yes, with Geico though.

2) No, he was found on the floor of his bathroom

3) Yes, the assassination occurred in Texas.  Which VP was from Texas?

4) On TV, yes.  In reality, no.

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2021 at 9:27 AM, MsTabbyKats said:

Just like I said over a year ago....any restrictions will not be enforced.

And it will be especially bad when those who should be masked but are not get on the elevator with you.

14 hours ago, gentlehyena said:

Hey Mac go on you tube and search Carnival Mardi Gras, the rooms are very nice all bathrooms have nice showers with glass doors no more horrible curtains! They do have the shampoo and body wash dispenser still no conditioner.

Saw a YouTube video that the Excel Suites had a rainfall shower as well as a third dispenser on the wall, assuming that it was conditioner.  The bathroom comes in @ 1:34.  Really great large bathroom with 2 doors for entry.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

Ahhhh !! I certainly will do that ! If, I can find somewhere, anywhere to get a COVID 19 PCR or a test Carnival will accept. we've called several drug stores, even the county health Dept without any results. Kinda  lost about where or who to turn too next. Wife's about ready to give up, but told her, Gotta keep lookin, searchin. But the days are tickin by.. Thanks for the info about the new improved MG bathrooms Gentlehyena.

Mac

Do I remember you are in Atlanta?

16 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

Ahhhh !! I certainly will do that ! If, I can find somewhere, anywhere to get a COVID 19 PCR or a test Carnival will accept. we've called several drug stores, even the county health Dept without any results. Kinda  lost about where or who to turn too next. Wife's about ready to give up, but told her, Gotta keep lookin, searchin. But the days are tickin by.. Thanks for the info about the new improved MG bathrooms Gentlehyena.

Mac

2 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

Yup !! Just about 20 miles south of Atlanta !

We’re at Lake Oconee your local CVS should be doing testing.  Peachtree City - Lexington Cir Poct Covid -19 Testing Site Lane 3, 101 Lexington Cir, Peachtree City, GA 30269

You can go online and schedule an appointment. We sail on the Horizon 9/12 I will make an appointment for the antigen test on Friday 9/10 and have the results before we leave for Miami Saturday.  Good luck 😊

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Thanks soooooooo much for the tip !! We'll certainly give 'em all call !! Hope you enjoy the Horizon on the 12th of Sept !!. Hey !! Where's the Horizon headed to o..?We're going to San Juan, Nassau, Amber Cove. Have FUNTASTIC cruise !!

Mac

So uh yeah, if anyone has questions feel free to ask me. However, there’s a lot more folks that have been on more recent cruises that will have better info for ya. But, Love Horizon!! Love Havana on Horizon! Love the Crew on Horizon! Food? Not so much! Drinks? Yum! Trivia? Yes! Entertainment? Yes! Ships on sticks? Yes! Buffets all over? Yes! Well, lido and ocean plaza. Would I suggest Horizon? Yes! Would I go during mask mandate? Yes! 

8 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

So uh yeah, if anyone has questions feel free to ask me. However, there’s a lot more folks that have been on more recent cruises that will have better info for ya. But, Love Horizon!! Love Havana on Horizon! Love the Crew on Horizon! Food? Not so much! Drinks? Yum! Trivia? Yes! Entertainment? Yes! Ships on sticks? Yes! Buffets all over? Yes! Well, lido and ocean plaza. Would I suggest Horizon? Yes! Would I go during mask mandate? Yes! 

I was about to ask if you had to do it all over again, would you have gone. But you answered it without me asking. Thank you. And I hope you left with several ships on a stick. I'd like to add to my collection someday.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 5:51 PM, Cruise Related said:

I’ll do my best to answer any questions you have! Sorry, failed at taking pics! But I was really truly there! Mainly hung around the Havana areas. Louis and Wendy (Havana bartenders) were amazing! Did every specialty restaurant. Ask away!

I'm seeing a lot of posts indicating that the crew can not leave the ship while in port, and anything they need they have to buy from Carnival, like personal hygiene products, etc. I saw a blurb of a post from JH that seemed to confirm this, but he said something like "We have things available for the crew" which doesn't mean it is free....Can you confirm that crew are stuck onboard and have to buy basic necessities?  If so I will load up my suitcase with some goodies...