Jump to content

Looking for some Recommendations Please - BEST Drinks!


Recommended Posts

After a horrendous day at work today, one final thought for the night before bed as I contemplate the days, hours, minutes and seconds until I set foot on the Sunrise in a coupe weeks.

 

So for the first time we now have Cheers on all 4 of our cruises this year!  Since I have the extra drinks to play with due to the great price we got, I would like to try out some new things (not so worried if I hate it, since I will never get close to 15 drinks a day so I can always discard one or two if they aren't my cup of tea after trying it).

 

I drink for flavor and don't like when the alcohol is really strong - ya you know the froufrou drinks.  The drinks I know I like are Strawberry Daquiri, Pina Colada, Miami Vice, a Good Margarita, and recently tried Banana Daquiri on Carnival and that was tasty.  My new all time favorite though is the Tiramisu on board - so yummy.  So this gives you some idea of my taste buds.

 

Any suggestions would be welcome please on what I should try along these lines.  Looking forward to exploring!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 part Grey Goose Poire, 1 part St. Germain, 3 parts sweetened black tea (not southern sweet tea).  Shake like a martini but pour over just a few rocks in a rock glass.

 

"Why is the rum always gone?"  😁 🏴‍☠️

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Go to the Alchemy Bar. Follow the lead of the mixologists and enjoy.  Best place for Happy Hour indulging. 

^^^^^THIS. You cannot get more creative in a fantastic cocktail than in the Alchemy! 

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

BBC  - Bailey's Banana Colada

OOOO that sounds really good too.  I forgot to mention I used to always drink Kahlua and Cream and about 2 years ago was on a flight and decided to do a Bailey's on ice... OMG, I literally said out loud to my husband - Bailey's! Where have you been all my life?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

1 part Grey Goose Poire, 1 part St. Germain, 3 parts sweetened black tea (not southern sweet tea).  Shake like a martini but pour over just a few rocks in a rock glass.

 

"Why is the rum always gone?"  😁 🏴‍☠️

Thank you for the suggestion... not a big tea drinker though.  Does it end up tasting like Iced Tea maybe?  or something else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never been to Alchemy Bar, when we get drinks it is usually at one of the other.  I will certainly have to try it!

 

Appreciate all the suggestions, making a list now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have to go to the Alchemy Bar.  Everything I've had there has been delicious.

Also check out the Caribbean Colada at the Red Frog rum bar on lido.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

Also check out the Caribbean Colada at the Red Frog rum bar on lido.

 

Took the words right out of my mouth! RFP's Caribbean Colada is my very favorite drink onboard... It's like a Pina Colada with banana added. My husband and I both ask for Malibu instead of Bacardi, and then it's extra coconutty and AMAZING. 😍

 

You might also like the Mocha Chocolate Getaway.. Bailey's, Kahlua, chocolate, Butterscotch Schnapps, what's not to love?? 😊

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again Alchemy should be your go to for the best drinks on the ship.  On menu I remember something like 'Goodnight Kiss' that is kinda sweet.  They can also make you pretty much anything you want based on your input.  These are the best bartenders on Carnival so they know their stuff.  Also chocolate (or my favorite mint chocolate) martini.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, wemjam said:

After a horrendous day at work today, one final thought for the night before bed as I contemplate the days, hours, minutes and seconds until I set foot on the Sunrise in a coupe weeks.

 

So for the first time we now have Cheers on all 4 of our cruises this year!  Since I have the extra drinks to play with due to the great price we got, I would like to try out some new things (not so worried if I hate it, since I will never get close to 15 drinks a day so I can always discard one or two if they aren't my cup of tea after trying it).

 

I drink for flavor and don't like when the alcohol is really strong - ya you know the froufrou drinks.  The drinks I know I like are Strawberry Daquiri, Pina Colada, Miami Vice, a Good Margarita, and recently tried Banana Daquiri on Carnival and that was tasty.  My new all time favorite though is the Tiramisu on board - so yummy.  So this gives you some idea of my taste buds.

 

Any suggestions would be welcome please on what I should try along these lines.  Looking forward to exploring!

 

 

Look on you tube for The Educated Barfly. The guy that runs the channel is a professional bartender. He does classic cocktails & modern takes on classic cocktails. Should give you lots of ideas for drinks.

Edited by Retiredmedic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Y'all know any really good virgin ones, for non-drinkers and for in-between?

Yep

 

Other than the normal virgin strawberry daiquiri or pina colada - you can do virgin Miami vice (1/2 and 1/2 of both of them).

 

My other personal favorites cranapple juice and sprite and pineapple juice with sprite (sometimes with a shot of cranberry in it).  These can all be had under the bottomless bubbles too which includes the pop and juice FYI if you get that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

 

Took the words right out of my mouth! RFP's Caribbean Colada is my very favorite drink onboard... It's like a Pina Colada with banana added. My husband and I both ask for Malibu instead of Bacardi, and then it's extra coconutty and AMAZING. 😍

 

You might also like the Mocha Chocolate Getaway.. Bailey's, Kahlua, chocolate, Butterscotch Schnapps, what's not to love?? 😊

 

Mocha CHOCOLATE Getaway??? what is that like?  Sounds yummy!!! Thanks for the detailed description on the Caribbean Coladaand the suggestion to add the Malibu!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Mocha CHOCOLATE Getaway??? what is that like?  Sounds yummy!!! Thanks for the detailed description on the Caribbean Coladaand the suggestion to add the Malibu!

 

This is the official Carnival recipe for it:

 

1/2 SHOT IRISH CREAM
1/3 SHOT BUTTERSCOTCH SCHNAPPS
1/4 SHOT KAHLUA
1/2 SHOT GOSLINGS BLACK SEAL
3 SQUIRTS GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE SYRUP
2.5 OZ ICE CREAM MIX
 
Just behold this gloriousness...
 

mcg.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

 

This is the official Carnival recipe for it:

 

1/2 SHOT IRISH CREAM
1/3 SHOT BUTTERSCOTCH SCHNAPPS
1/4 SHOT KAHLUA
1/2 SHOT GOSLINGS BLACK SEAL
3 SQUIRTS GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE SYRUP
2.5 OZ ICE CREAM MIX
 
Just behold this gloriousness...
 

mcg.jpg

RIGHT TO THE TOP OF THE LIST!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As many have already mentioned, the Alchemy Bar has the best drinks on Carnival's fleet.  You can't go wrong with anything on that menu.

 

I suggest you try "The Remedy".  That is MY favorite Alchemy bar drink.   

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I'm the only weirdo who really doesn't like Alchemy at all, lol... I love frozen, fruity, tropical drinks and am just not big on cocktails. There's just not one thing on their menu that I've ever wanted to try, and several that I wouldn't try even on a dare. 🙃 But that just means one more seat available for you Alchemy fans!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...