Hot Dogs on Princess Ships

I love hot dogs and brats on the Princess lido grill. It’s really too bad that Princess did away with the brats at the lido grill. The hot dogs are great, I wish they’d learn how to make a decent Hot dog bun. I’ve never seen a smaller hot dog. Costco hot dogs are the best, every time we go to Costco I have to get a dog, it’s too bad Costco did away with the Polish dog.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

Oh my god, that's unAmerican, ketchup on a hot dog.😁

It also needs some pickle relish and onions. 😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

Oh my god, that's unAmerican, ketchup on a hot dog.😁

exactly - only took 9 posts from my post # 11 for someone to get it ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philsuarez said:

Here in UK we would nearly always have ketchup plus mustard

Hence the 'un American' 🙂 BTW would it be ketchup or tomato sauce ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2021 at 6:24 AM, 1965 said:

Oh how I love this discussion! Not because I enjoy hot dogs (which I absolutely do), but because it is fun & frivolous. The fun questions are back. On our Nov. cruise I vow to have a hot dog & toast you, careless&confused, with my iced tea. 😊😊😊

Yes, but more importantly does the toilet paper roll from the top or bottom. Could be a deal breaker.

• Haha 2

My favorite Princess hot dog story.  Our very first cruise was during Sapphair Princess's first year at sea.  It was an Alaskan 7 day.  @Ken-ATL DH and I were like a kid in a candy store.  We over particpated in everything... including food.

On day 4 or 5 I had hit a wall for rich food.  I had been to afternoon teas, bakeries, sushi bar (for one hour each day in the buffet), midnight buffet (one of the last years this was done), all meals in the dining room.  Finally I hit a wall.  When the waiter asked me what I wanted for dinner, I asked if there was something more simple I could eat.  I said that I would even be happy with just a hot dog.  The waiter granted my wish.  A simple hot dog was brought out on a plate on a bed of three kinds of different colored lettuce leaves with other pretty garnishes on the plate including a flower.  It was the fanciest hot dog plate I had ever seen.  It hit the spot.

The epilog to that story is we still had two more meals after that.  On that cruise we ate and ate and ate.  I lost 10 lbs on that cruise.  How?  I have never walked so much in my life.  Because we were busy, it seemed we kept going from one end of the ship to the other about 20 times a day.  Plus, we had shore excursions that had a lot of walking.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

Costco hot dogs are the best, every time we go to Costco I have to get a dog, it’s too bad Costco did away with the Polish dog.  

Without the overhead of purchasing a cruise first...

Hot Dog  to us  is Bun, with a Frankfurter and generally Tomato Sauce...

Chips   .... anytime... yes please.....

Can of VB   as below..... many year ago yes....   better beer is everywhere now 

( just not sure about all the extras )

What about sausage in bread  ( with either onions or tomato sauce ) ?? 

2 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

0839img_2211amhk8j.jpg

Don

8 hours ago, Colorado Coasty said:

Yes, but more importantly does the toilet paper roll from the top or bottom. Could be a deal breaker.

Top for sure!

And now I want a hot dog!!

The only good hot dog is one from Lafayette Coney Island in Detroit, smothered in chili, onions and mustard!  (I just drooled on my keyboard!!)

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2021 at 12:24 PM, cruzsnooze said:

The best place to get a hot dog may be right in your backyard COSTCO! With a soda it costs a whooping $1.50. You don't have to be a member to go to the food court or pharmacy in any Costco. 

Costco dogs are THE bomb! We buy their hot dogs now to grill at home as well

I know I'm in the minority but I wish they had vege hot dogs. I love a good hot dog too with all the fixings, and there are some really good ones out there. I tried their vege hamburger once and bleh, it was like mush. I've been spoiled by beyond meat which tastes amazing. I can only dream...or wish. 

Interesting about Ketchup on Hot dog thing.... so looked it up..

So the  National Hot Dog & Sausage Council, says "Don't use ketchup on your hot dog after the age of 18."

wow I never realized this about the humble Hot Dog.... well I have learnt something

And on the Sandwich thing it needs two slices of bread....

A sausage in a single slice of bread is not a sandwich   

and it should be either onion or tomato sauce  not together