Jump to content

November crossing


Recommended Posts

Managed to get preliminary documents yesterday , not from web site as still not available but Seabourn emailed them to me .Was disappointed that on a 12 night cruise there was only going to be one formal night , I thought that was only on 7  day cruises. It is not worth packing a dinner suit for one night , I am sure some will be pleased but with so many sea days there is plenty of time to change and we think the ship looks great on formal nights. Lets hope the UK  government advice gets sorted before November.

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not just the UK government, as I understand it we're still not allowed to enter the U.S so we wait for them to change their advice too.

 

We have an eye on the Ovation from Miami in December, although I'm really not keen on that ship it's the only way a cruise may be possible for us this year. Waiting for U.S to let us back in though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I forgot to reply about the formal night, the original reason I started to write the post!

We have found in recent years that generally, formal nights are held every 7 days, so less than 14 nights has only one formal. 18 nights was two formals and so on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Isklaar said:

Not just the UK government, as I understand it we're still not allowed to enter the U.S so we wait for them to change their advice too.

 

We have an eye on the Ovation from Miami in December, although I'm really not keen on that ship it's the only way a cruise may be possible for us this year. Waiting for U.S to let us back in though!

Unfortunately, in the United States, the pandemic seems to be worsening again.  I heard on the news a couple of days that there may be new travel restrictions imposed.  No one is happy at where we find ourselves.  Vaccinated people are now being urged (by the CDC) to wear masks in indoor public places.  This is a reversal of previous guidance--brought on by a lower than hoped for vaccination rate and the spreading of the Delta variant.  We just want to get back to cruising, so we are so disappointed. 

 

Edited by SLSD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, SLSD said:

We just want to get back to cruising...

 

We booked one of the Seabourn Caribbean cruises in September, not so much because we wanted to re-visit the Caribbean, but because we just wanted to get back to cruising. 😉  We weren't sure how travel and virus conditions were going to be in Europe as the summer progressed, so we passed on Seabourn and Silversea in Greece. We would have done one of the Silversea trips in Iceland, but none of the dates worked for us... so Seabourn in the Caribbean it was.

 

Then I was started to have doubts about the wisdom of traveling this fall. Was it a bad idea to travel to a foreign country? Even though we're vaccinated, exposure in airports and planes could lead to an unexpected positive test and being quarantined somewhere far from home. (The odds of that are quite low, but I've read reports of it happening to people traveling to a cruise this summer.) 

 

And then yesterday, while reading the latest CDC news and virus surge stories, I looked at it from a different point of view: perhaps it was good that we're booked on this cruise in September, because things might get worse before they get better -- and cruising could be curtailed or even shut down again. Of course, there's no way to know how the future will unfold, but I'm applying this new philosophy -- travel now if we can, because we might not be able to for awhile thereafter! I'm not sure if that's a glass half-full or half-empty view; I'm just trying to stay positive about the possibility of being back on a Seabourn ship with two months!  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very well said @cruiseej. I'm booked in a few weeks for the cruise from Athens and the Caribbean in December. I, also, want to get back to cruising and hope that these future cruises will take place before another(I hope not) surge. Be optimistic and consider the glass half-full.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, cruiseej said:

 

 

And then yesterday, while reading the latest CDC news and virus surge stories, I looked at it from a different point of view: perhaps it was good that we're booked on this cruise in September, because things might get worse before they get better -- and cruising could be curtailed or even shut down again. 

I totally applaud your point of view.  If I could have seen the future, we would have been on the first sailing in Greece.   I could not have been more happy that everything has gone so well.  I'll be hoping for the same for you in September.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dalliowner said:

Managed to get preliminary documents yesterday , not from web site as still not available but Seabourn emailed them to me .Was disappointed that on a 12 night cruise there was only going to be one formal night , I thought that was only on 7  day cruises. It is not worth packing a dinner suit for one night , I am sure some will be pleased but with so many sea days there is plenty of time to change and we think the ship looks great on formal nights. Lets hope the UK  government advice gets sorted before November.

John

Did the preliminary documents state which night will be the formal one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...