Jump to content

The Daily for Wednesday July 28, 2021


Recommended Posts

Good morning everyone. Thanks Rich and all who help make this a place that is like calling a friend every day but I have a lot of friends in one spot. The rains that came yesterday helped with the fires and firefighters were able to contain or extinguish six fires near by and the bootleg fire has been contained at about fifty percent. 

  • Like 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@cat shepard I'm enjoying your travel adventures.  We've all been places that were not on the bucket list that we fell in love with.

 

@kazu  Jacqui, so sorry about your BFF's husband. Will keep them in our thoughts.   Also, sorry to learn @Hflors Helen's DH passed away.

 

 

 

26 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@kazu,so sorry to hear about your friends ' husband and  the husband of @Hflors.Prayers to all and to you.

 

 

30 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@kazuSo sorry to hear your news.

Prayers to your BFF's husband.

Prayers to Helen (Hflors) and her family.

 

31 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@kazuwhat a terrible accident for you BFF's husband!  I'm very sorry to hear of it, and hope he will recover fully from that brain bleed.   Prayers for them both.🙏

 

34 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

 

I'm so sad for you Jacqui. I will pray for BFF husband.

 

I'm sorry to hear Helen's husband passed. Prayers to her as well.

 

Thanks so much for the kind words and the prayers.  They are very appreciated.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning all!

Another great collection of days.  I love all chocolate, but prefer dark chocolate.  The beef stew sounds yummy, but not on these warm days -- and I would leave out the mushrooms. 😆  I think this has been the longest string of ports that I've never visited. Looking forward to any photos.

 

@rafinmdthankfully you can take my friend with breakthrough Covid off the care list.  After a couple weeks she's finally feeling better thank God.

@smitty34877fingers crossed that sweet Camilla can go home today!

@cat shepardthank you for bringing us along to Iceland!  Loving the photos.

@kazuprayers for your BFF's husband that he makes a full recovery.  Very sad about Helen's husband passing -- she posted the sad news on our roll call.

@lindalerwould you please send some of that rain up north???  😄

  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for the daily.

The days look marvelous as does the food and beverages.

@smitty34877Fingers crossed about little Camilla coming home.

@cat shepardThanks for the wonderful Icelandic adventure story.

Prayers to all those on the care list and all those who need them.

Best wishes to all.

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@kazu Thank you for letting us know that @Hflors husband passed away.  Condolences to her and prayers for your friend's husband in the ICU.

 

@smitty34877 Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that Miss Camilla comes home today.  We can then have a big Welcome Home party, virtually of course.

 

@mamaofami You didn't miss much with the comments on Lisa's thread.   Just two people trading snide remarks with each other.  Not worth looking back for and I think they may have been removed.

 

@cat shepard Oh, my goodness, I am loving your trip report from Iceland.  When I was there in 2019 I thought the food was out of this world every place we ate.  We ate in a boathouse turned restaurant in Eskifjordur and it was to die for.   The reindeer meatballs were excellent as was the salmon.  

 

@ger_77 Unfortunately, I do recognize the night you describe.  Every couple of weeks I have a night like that.  I generally end up getting up and doing some back exercises.  

 

My new pool was great.   I was going to go to the old one on Mondays and Tuesdays because the water fitness instructor is so good, but they are restarting water fitness at the new place shortly.  I ran into a woman who used to go to the old place and who made the switch before me for some of the same reasons.   I think this will be a good fit for now.  

  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

All good days. I like milk chocolate, appreciate the Buffalo soldiers, and we need nature conservation.

Good quote, although precautions are often necessary.

I like the meal for cooler weather. The drink looks interesting. I'll take the wine.

I haven't been to today's port. Thanks for pictures.

 

Another warm day here with rain tonight and possible severe storms tomorrow. I'm still going to hold off on yardwork until the weekend.

 

@rafinmd I think you can take me off the care list now!

@Crazy For Cats Exciting about your upcoming sailing!

@smitty34877 Hoping Miss Camilla gets to come home today! 

@cat shepard  So great to follow your Iceland adventure.

@kazu So sorry to hear of @Hflors Helen's loss of her DH, and of your BFF's husband's condition. Prayers.

@lindaler Good news on the rain helping with the fires.

@dfish It sounds like the new pool place is a winner.

 

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone and wear your 😷 if need be.

  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

@kazuprayers for your BFF's husband that he makes a full recovery.  Very sad about Helen's husband passing -- she posted the sad news on our roll call

 

32 minutes ago, dfish said:

@kazu Thank you for letting us know that @Hflors husband passed away.  Condolences to her and prayers for your friend's husband in the ICU

 

 

21 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

@kazu So sorry to hear of @Hflors Helen's loss of her DH, and of your BFF's husband's condition. Prayers.

 

Thank you, kindly

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

@Sharon in AZ, can you refresh me on how your mom is doing?

 

Roy

She is doing very well and thank you for asking. She has a PET scan scheduled for tomorrow and the oncologist will decide if she needs chemotherapy plus radiation or just radiation. He believes that it will probably just be radiation at this point because her lung cancer was found so early, it’s stage 1A, and thank goodness she doesn’t have to have surgery. This would have never been diagnosed so early if it hadn’t been for her bowel surgery she had in February. 
 

You can take her off the Care list and after her treatment I’ll let you know and she can be on the celebration list. 😊

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Afternoon Everyone from a warm and muggy day at the beach

    Great collection of days. A big salute to the Buffalo soldiers.

    Never been to todays port. Always enjoy any pictures.

    @kazu So sorry to hear about your friend. Will keep them in my prayers.

      @smitty34877 Hope that sweet Camilla comes home today. 

     @cat shepard Love, love your travelogue and pictures. Iceland is on my list so it is wonderful to see the pictures. Thank You! 

    I had a small skin cancer removed on my neck this AM. No swimming or golf for me for 2 weeks! I will be spending a lot of time on CC. lol

 

Stay safe and enjoy today

  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kazu said:

For those of you that don’t follow the Future Cruise Listing, Helen (Hflors) posted yesterday to cancel her cruise due to the death of her husband on July 14th.  Our prayers for her and him 🙏🏻 

 

I am going to ask everyone for prayers for my BFF’s husband who is in intensive care in the hospital.  He fell and has broken 4 ribs and has a brain bleed 😢. They are not part of CC so don’t have to be on the Care list.  I am very worried about him and her.  Of course, I can’t visit or keep her company while she sits at his side because of dam covid.

Jacqui, I am so sorry about your friend’s husband. Prayers coming their way right now. 
 

Also, I did see yesterday about @Hflors DH but didn’t comment. I hope if she reads the Daily she will know that we are all praying for her. 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. I’ll take dark chocolate please. Nature conservation should be everyday. Salute to the Buffalo Soldiers.

 

I’ll pass on today’s recipe, weird but I’m not fond of stew. Maybe because my DM made it so much when I was young.  Not sure what I’ll make today, I’ll have to check the freezer for inspiration. 😉
 

So great to hear that Little Miss Camilla is going home!  @smitty34877, refresh my memory, how old is she now?

 

Jake, @Crazy For Cats I’m really excited for you and your cruise happening in just a few days!  Are you leaving Friday for Seattle?  I hope you and DH have a wonderful time. 

Jacqui @kazu I always love your cartoons and memes and today’s sunset picture from your neighbor was absolutely gorgeous. 
 

Have a great day everyone and I’ll leave you with one of my favorite sunsets from the cabin. 
 

B491F013-9CB1-416E-AABF-19853165755D.thumb.jpeg.ba7d814273755049e8b2f756b80491db.jpeg

 

 

 

 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Typo
  • Like 22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. I’ll take dark chocolate please. Nature conservation should be everyday. Salute to the Buffalo Soldiers.

 

I’ll pass on today’s recipe, weird but I’m not fond of stew. Maybe because my DM made it so much when I was young.  Not sure what I’ll make today, I’ll have to check the freezer for inspiration. 😉
 

So great to hear that Little Miss Camilla is going home!  @smitty34877, refresh my memory, how old is she now?

 

Jake, @Crazy For Cats I’m really excited for you and your cruise happening in just a few days!  Are you leaving Friday for Seattle?  I hope you and DH have a wonderful time. 

Jacqui @kazu I always love your cartoons and memes and today’s sunset picture from your neighbor was absolutely gorgeous. 
 

Have a great day everyone and I’ll leave you with on of my favorite sunsets from the cabin. 
 

B491F013-9CB1-416E-AABF-19853165755D.thumb.jpeg.ba7d814273755049e8b2f756b80491db.jpeg

 

 

 

 

We are leaving on Friday to get to Seattle.  We are staying near the airport.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

Good morning everyone. Thanks Rich and all who help make this a place that is like calling a friend every day but I have a lot of friends in one spot. The rains that came yesterday helped with the fires and firefighters were able to contain or extinguish six fires near by and the bootleg fire has been contained at about fifty percent. 

 

That is good news about the yesterday's rains helping with the fires, and that six were contained or extinguished and the best news is the bootleg fire is not 50% contained.

 

I agree with you about the Daily being like talking to many friends each day.

 

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Another great collection of days.  I love all chocolate, but prefer dark chocolate.  The beef stew sounds yummy, but not on these warm days -- and I would leave out the mushrooms. 😆  I think this has been the longest string of ports that I've never visited. Looking forward to any photos.

 

@rafinmdthankfully you can take my friend with breakthrough Covid off the care list.  After a couple weeks she's finally feeling better thank God.

@smitty34877fingers crossed that sweet Camilla can go home today!

@cat shepardthank you for bringing us along to Iceland!  Loving the photos.

@kazuprayers for your BFF's husband that he makes a full recovery.  Very sad about Helen's husband passing -- she posted the sad news on our roll call.

@lindalerwould you please send some of that rain up north???  😄

 

Very please to learn that your friend with breakthrough Covid is feeling better.

 

1 hour ago, dfish said:

 

My new pool was great.   I was going to go to the old one on Mondays and Tuesdays because the water fitness instructor is so good, but they are restarting water fitness at the new place shortly.  I ran into a woman who used to go to the old place and who made the switch before me for some of the same reasons.   I think this will be a good fit for now.  

 

Debbie, it sounds like you found the right pool and someone you know from the old pool.

 

52 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

She is doing very well and thank you for asking. She has a PET scan scheduled for tomorrow and the oncologist will decide if she needs chemotherapy plus radiation or just radiation. He believes that it will probably just be radiation at this point because her lung cancer was found so early, it’s stage 1A, and thank goodness she doesn’t have to have surgery. This would have never been diagnosed so early if it hadn’t been for her bowel surgery she had in February. 
 

You can take her off the Care list and after her treatment I’ll let you know and she can be on the celebration list. 😊

 

Glad you DM is doing well.  Good thoughts for the PET scan tomorrow and that the doctor will not add chemotherapy to her treatment.

 

Lenda

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Interesting conversation today!  Good morning, and thanks to Rich, Roy and everyone who posts.  I think I could like the drink today!  No stew, but I took a barbecued chicken out of the freezer that I bought last time we were at Costco.  They have much nicer and plumper ones than the ones at the grocery store.  

 

@cat shepard , did you organize a tour company to take you around before you went to Iceland?  I'm enjoying your travelogue!   We will be there next year, 4 stops, including an overnight in Reykjavik, and I have a cousin there with the US Embassy who I hope is going to look after us, but I thought I could mention the name of a guide if she is interested.  I think she had her car shipped there, which she has not been able to do in previous postings, so she may just want to be independent, but you never know!

 

My father worked for Nestles so I am definitely a fan of chocolate.  I hated the milk products he brought home, powdered, condensed and evaporated, but the chocolate was a hit - especially milk chocolate!

 

Sorry about your friend's husband's fall, Jacqui, and Helen's husband's death.  It hasn't been easy the last year and a half with many tragedies that  can't be properly shared.  My cousin's daughter has had a bad time with breast cancer, all on her own, undergoing surgeries, radiation and chemo with her two teenagers beside her.  My cousin has born the brunt of many long phone conversations!  But Laura has come through with flying colours and is looking wonderful.  

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kazu said:

For those of you that don’t follow the Future Cruise Listing, Helen (Hflors) posted yesterday to cancel her cruise due to the death of her husband on July 14th.  Our prayers for her and him 🙏🏻 

 

I am going to ask everyone for prayers for my BFF’s husband who is in intensive care in the hospital.  He fell and has broken 4 ribs and has a brain bleed 😢. They are not part of CC so don’t have to be on the Care list.  I am very worried about him and her.  Of course, I can’t visit or keep her company while she sits at his side because of dam covid.

Our prayers 🙏 are coming your way and to your BFF and her husband.

Deepest condolences to Helen Hflors for the sad loss of her husband.

Sincerely.

Graham.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning, all! A salute to Buffalo Soldiers, and thanks @puppycanducruise for telling us their background. I didn’t know. Nature Conservation and Milk Chocolate are both important to the basic survival of the human species, I believe. 
We both love beef stew, but we’re under a heat advisory again so I’ll leave it for another time. And of course, you had me at Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.

We go to Takoradi on the 2022 Grand Africa, so the pictures are much appreciated! @smitty34877fingers crossed that Miss Camilla goes home today! It’s a nervous time for Mom, but they will all be so happy to be home.

Thank you all so much for this caring, sheltering space and positive feedback on my posts. I posted that picture of the Queen Anne’s Lace dyed silk on a botanical print group I belong to. Most of the comments were very positive. However, two ladies are upset with me for not providing the Latin name and full description of the plant I used, and won’t let up. The page does not require this information, and very few posters include it. I’m not sure what their problem is, or why they singled out my post, but they are egging each other on. What should have been a happy moment is leaving me feeling a little battered right now. I truly appreciate moving back here where it’s safe and being handed a virtual glass of Pinot Noir.

Anyway, Happy Wednesday as we follow the journey of the first BHB to return to Alaska.

158DD9E5-7093-4E4A-A497-D21198B0F12C.thumb.jpeg.ce88d0d25342182a0648e4bb49625e6f.jpeg

  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! A salute to Buffalo Soldiers, and thanks @puppycanducruise for telling us their background. I didn’t know. Nature Conservation and Milk Chocolate are both important to the basic survival of the human species, I believe. 
We both love beef stew, but we’re under a heat advisory again so I’ll leave it for another time. And of course, you had me at Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.

We go to Takoradi on the 2022 Grand Africa, so the pictures are much appreciated! @smitty34877fingers crossed that Miss Camilla goes home today! It’s a nervous time for Mom, but they will all be so happy to be home.

Thank you all so much for this caring, sheltering space and positive feedback on my posts. I posted that picture of the Queen Anne’s Lace dyed silk on a botanical print group I belong to. Most of the comments were very positive. However, two ladies are upset with me for not providing the Latin name and full description of the plant I used, and won’t let up. The page does not require this information, and very few posters include it. I’m not sure what their problem is, or why they singled out my post, but they are egging each other on. What should have been a happy moment is leaving me feeling a little battered right now. I truly appreciate moving back here where it’s safe and being handed a virtual glass of Pinot Noir.

Anyway, Happy Wednesday as we follow the journey of the first BHB to return to Alaska.

158DD9E5-7093-4E4A-A497-D21198B0F12C.thumb.jpeg.ce88d0d25342182a0648e4bb49625e6f.jpeg

 

How incredibly petty those two women on the other website are.  They are just jealous of your beautiful work.

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...