My Voyage

ivanidea

8 hours ago, kweenkmatt said:

It's a good start!  My hope is that Cunard will offer some version of a digital muster drill with this new web app.  

Muster drills must unfortunately be done in person. But it is play out and repeated on the in cabin TV.

Yes app would be a good reference after the initial drill before departure on embarkation day.

Surely it is not unfortunate that muster drills be done in person, but rather helpful to us in knowing where to go, in the event of ... events. On QM2 once, my muster station was the gym (yuck), and doing the muster drill was the only way I would have known where to find it. Best to discover these things by doing them before the corridors are full of smoke, I think.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 4:36 PM, kweenkmatt said:

It's a good start!  My hope is that Cunard will offer some version of a digital muster drill with this new web app.  

9 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Surely it is not unfortunate that muster drills be done in person, but rather helpful to us in knowing where to go, in the event of ... events. On QM2 once, my muster station was the gym (yuck), and doing the muster drill was the only way I would have known where to find it. Best to discover these things by doing them before the corridors are full of smoke, I think.

I suspect Cunard will have the same muster protocol as P&O. ie board ship, go straight to muster station, then to cabin to watch the safety video and fianlly tell your cabin steward you have watched it

• Like 1

Cunard and P&O share the same IT platform and the My Voyager app sounds identical to P&O's My Holiday app. Having used the P&O version I agree it's a good idea but of course does not always work as it should. I could only get it to work on my android phone by using chrome. It took me a day to find that out. I tried to book a speciality restaurant for later in the day while sitting in the buffet. The app does not allow this, as the system showed I was in the buffet.   ( FYI A crew member met us at the buffet entrance, logged us in and then we were shown to a table.) Also my husband has a google phone and he couldn't get it to work at all. However it was great for lots of things like tracking our on board spend. We didn't bother with virtual queing, it wasn't needed with so few passengers on baord but I can see it will be useful when ships are full.

23 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I hope it doesn't mean the end of the printed Daily Programme

Daily programme was still available on my recent P&O cruise

2 hours ago, Cathygh said:

I suspect Cunard will have the same muster protocol as P&O. ie board ship, go straight to muster station, then to cabin to watch the safety video and fianlly tell your cabin steward you have watched it

Not good. Finding your cabin from the muster station is not helpful practice for finding the muster station in an emergency. 

13 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Our last sailing took us to the Gym also. Don't know if you agree, but there was no space to sit. All the items are meant to stand.. Everyone was dying  standing and waiting for it to end.

Some did uncomfortably sit on the bar bells. Ouch!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Our last sailing took us to the Gym also. Don't know if you agree, but there was no space to sit. All the items are meant to stand.. Everyone was dying  standing and waiting for it to end.

Could sit on rowing machine , and practice in case ship broke down and you had to get out oars

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Haha 1

As one who has no interest in wasting my money on a smart-phone, I am pleased to read this will be accessible on a tablet. The up-to-date account is the only part of this that interests me. I was discussing this with two couples and they agreed with me, although they don't even have a tablet at the moment.

11 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Very unpleasant,  but now at least the gym is closed for the drill.  In 2006, it was not, and, as they had already had a drill in Hamburg for those who embarked there, our drill in Southampton was enlivened by sweaty and grunting people using the machines. I doubt I shall ever recover. But I am still glad I practised finding the way to the place.

17 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Cunard and P&O share the same IT platform and the My Voyager app sounds identical to P&O's My Holiday app. Having used the P&O version I agree it's a good idea but of course does not always work as it should. I could only get it to work on my android phone by using chrome. It took me a day to find that out. I tried to book a speciality restaurant for later in the day while sitting in the buffet. The app does not allow this, as the system showed I was in the buffet.   ( FYI A crew member met us at the buffet entrance, logged us in and then we were shown to a table.) Also my husband has a google phone and he couldn't get it to work at all. However it was great for lots of things like tracking our on board spend. We didn't bother with virtual queing, it wasn't needed with so few passengers on baord but I can see it will be useful when ships are full.

On Britannia the 'app' wouldn't work on my android,even on Chrome, but works fine on DW's iPhone. We are on again at the end of next week. She will need to spend the money and not me. No change there then🤔

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 11:29 AM, zap99 said:

On Britannia the 'app' wouldn't work on my android,even on Chrome, but works fine on DW's iPhone. We are on again at the end of next week. She will need to spend the money and not me. No change there then🤔

I wonder if it depends on the age of the phone? DH has a brand new Google phone and couldn;t get it to work. We are on 21st so I hope it will have improved by then🤔

16 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

I wonder if it depends on the age of the phone? DH has a brand new Google phone and couldn;t get it to work. We are on 21st so I hope it will have improved by then🤔

DW's iPhone and my Google Android are 2 years old, so not ancient ,😁

• Like 1

Once I had got used to the mv voyage, or my holiday app I quite liked it. Especially the onboard account access. Apart from that most of it will be unnecessary when things are more like normal.

• Like 1