Email on ALL itinerary changes

I'm glad to see the change, as I'd like to go back to MB.  Now I just hope we aren't required to wear masks in light of this week's CDC announcement. I'll be cancelling if that happens. 👎  We shall see I guess! Thanks, OP, for posting this in case others have missed the e-mail.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing.  It's interesting to see Ocho Rios on the schedule as I have not heard about any other cruise lines docking there since the start of the pandemic.  And the same for San Juan.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm on the 9/25 Dream and still have not received an email about the removal of Key West. I checked Carnival and it has been updated. So how does that work, do they credit back the taxes as obc? 

2 minutes ago, kitten816 said:

Thanks for letting me know! I'm on the 9/25 Dream and still have not received an email about the removal of Key West. I checked Carnival and it has been updated. So how does that work, do they credit back the taxes as obc? 

I would imagine there would be a reimbursement. Sad to see it's one less stop. I had guessed they would have replaced it.

Thanks for posting this.  I have yet to get the email.  I only knew about it when a friend who is cruising with us saw it on his itinerary last night.  UGHHH... we are on the Mardi Gras on 10/23 and Grand Turk is getting replaced with Nassau... UGH.  Very happy to be cruising again, but not happy with Nassau.  I think that will be a day we stay onboard!!  Lots to see and do on a new ship!!

6 minutes ago, chasinraynbowz said:

Thanks for posting this.  I have yet to get the email.  I only knew about it when a friend who is cruising with us saw it on his itinerary last night.  UGHHH... we are on the Mardi Gras on 10/23 and Grand Turk is getting replaced with Nassau... UGH.  Very happy to be cruising again, but not happy with Nassau.  I think that will be a day we stay onboard!!  Lots to see and do on a new ship!!

That is disappointing. I'm on the Magic in October and we already have Nassau on our list (least favorite port) so I'll be interested to see if we still get to go to Grand Turk or what they would replace it with.

23 minutes ago, chasinraynbowz said:

Is Grand Turk open yet to cruise ships.  Turks & Caicos has testing and insurance requirements and that may not work with cruises.  https://www.visittci.com/travel-info/turks-and-caicos-coronavirus-covid-19

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kleibo said:

Is Grand Turk open yet to cruise ships.  Turks & Caicos has testing and insurance requirements and that may not work with cruises.  https://www.visittci.com/travel-info/turks-and-caicos-coronavirus-covid-19

My understanding is that the cruise lines had negotiated for exceptions after submitting their Covid sailing plans. Unfortunately, the uptick in cases in the US may have caused that to change. Cruising in the age of Covid? Semper Gumby.  Always flexible. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LHARTWICK said:

I'm glad to see the change, as I'd like to go back to MB.  Now I just hope we aren't required to wear masks in light of this week's CDC announcement. I'll be cancelling if that happens. 👎  We shall see I guess! Thanks, OP, for posting this in case others have missed the e-mail.

Yes I am cancelling my cruise if Masks are required too.

32 minutes ago, Anung Un Rama said:

Hmmm, nothing yet on my 9/26 Pride cruise that includes Grand Turk.  I would really hate to lose that port as it'd be my parents first time and one of the highlights of the trip.

Doesn't look good.  I'm also on Pride in October

https://tcweeklynews.com/cabinet-meeting-summary-p11770-127.htm

3) Closure of cruise ports
Cruise ports shall remain closed until September 30 and no cruise ship shall be permitted to enter the Islands until after September 30, subject to guidance from the ministry, the CDC and the cruise industry

• Thanks 1

I was told by a friend that is cruising with us, that Grand Turks is supposed to be reopening to cruises on Oct. 2.   Our cruise is Oct 9.  I am hoping this is the case.  But I honestly don't know for sure where he got that info so I cannot verify it.

2 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

That itinerary for Carnival Glory out of New Orleans = Gazooks (+ a bit of Ewww)!!! 

LOL, right?  Couldn't even throw them a bone and at least have HMC if they were going to do all Bahamas?

2 hours ago, kleibo said:

Doesn't look good.  I'm also on Pride in October

https://tcweeklynews.com/cabinet-meeting-summary-p11770-127.htm

3) Closure of cruise ports
Cruise ports shall remain closed until September 30 and no cruise ship shall be permitted to enter the Islands until after September 30, subject to guidance from the ministry, the CDC and the cruise industry

Interesting, thank you.  That does suck as I love GT (but I've also been close to 10 times).  Just hope it's not Nassau that replaces it.  Although my wife would love to go back to Atlantis for a day

2 hours ago, wemjam said:

LOL, right?  Couldn't even throw them a bone and at least have HMC if they were going to do all Bahamas?

Yes we are booked for the October 3rd sailing.  I hope at least Cozumel comes back.  Why would that have been removed in the first place?  We booked a ""Caribbean Cruise" that if the ports become these 3 crappy ones  it will be a "Bahama Cruise".  Should be costing a whole lot less money.  Yes I know we can cancel but already have pre and post hotel reservations, airline tickets and family coming.  

1 hour ago, beachesanywhere said:

Not a happy camper with this change Sunrise 9/16, while I figured Key West would be a no go I really, really wanted to go to Cozumel! I’m with the other ewww Nassau comments. 

Totally agree.  Our itinerary hasn't changed yet but betting it will.  Dropping Cozumel  is probably my fault as I just booked a great cooking class excursion there a very days ago.  It will be sooo disappointing.